Author Topic: I am totally out of it.  (Read 1836 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
I am totally out of it.
« on: March 04, 2004, 12:12:51 am »
I've been out of it the last few days. I can envision the encyclopedia in its whole, complete form, and wonder at this fantasy and possibility. Unfortunately, I'm fearing more and more that my time is drying up; however, this is irrational. I do have several pursuits and dreams, but I have not begun working towards them very seriously yet; thus, I shouldn't be worrying about positive time contributing to analysis.

I suppose it's just all the rote stuff that's getting me down, like weapon/armor information, and mapmaking. We truly are Zeal Palace, even in our raw form; the information on the Analysis forum is unprecedented and awaiting refinement into Rainbow Shell.

I need some thoughts, support, encouragement, whatnot. I've reached mental circles as far as thinking goes. The Compendium truly rules, as far as I'm concerned, and perhaps I'm just naturally tired for awhile.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
I am totally out of it.
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 06:10:17 am »
Advice from The Matrix: "It just sounds like you need to unplug, man. Y'know, get some R and R? What do you think Dojour? Should we take him with us?"

Wh00ps...Axe those last two sentences...Uh...yeah, sorry for the Matrix quote...but it was in the DVD player...And I'm a big dork...And it fit...

Basically, don't give up hope, I mean, look how many users the Compendium has now. Over a hundred! Even if it's only just "Registered" and it's not like how many people are actually active...It's pretty neat to know that so many people are already so interested.

The Compendium will definately go places. It's pretty obvious. I can't think of many Chrono sites that compete (much less many Chrono sites period). I think maybe w/some expansion into other RPG realms and just all that basic refinement, it'll be socially better and more accepted then GameFAQs or any other forums or RPG info places easy. Also, maybe the Compendium simply needs to hire more help? How many people actually work on the site currently? I'm sure more  people would be glad to help...Or has this already been done?

YbrikMetaknight

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • I strike fast and disappear for years at a time.
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Compendium
I am totally out of it.
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2004, 02:45:14 pm »
In terms of the technical aspects of the site, the staff is basically...Ramsus, at least to my knowledge.  And, except for occasional periods of brief inactivity due to becoming busy with other stuff (happens to everyone; lord knows it's happened to me a lot this year), he's doing a GREAT job.

As far as content goes, I'm not really sure.  I've done some work, ZeaLitY's done A LOT of work, and as far as I know anyone who's ever been an Entity (admin), Guru (mod), or Chrono Scholar has done at least some work.

Keep with it, ZeaLitY.  Maybe even take a break for a little while.  Watch some movies, play some games besides the Chrono series (you should really purchase a PS2 or even a PS1 and track down copies of Xenogears and FF Tactics...you'll be glad you did).  Hell, I've been playing a lot of platformers lately and it really takes some stress off.

sergecross73

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
I am totally out of it.
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2004, 05:12:05 pm »
hey, i don't know how much i'll ever be able to actually help on this site, but i do realllly like what you're doing.  i find it very interesting to read, and i think an encyclopedia would be a  great idea to help lots of people out with the game, and help organize all the information of this site.  don't give up!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
I am totally out of it.
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2004, 07:29:31 pm »
All right then. I'm going to get everything in order, and the Compendium shall fall to a relatively low priority for awhile. I'm still going to viciously attempt to finalize several threads on the Analysis forum so that we can begin polishing theories and such.

This truly will be the best Chrono series site in existence. 'Best' is quite a term -- one which shall be fulfilled. Once I finish finalizing stuff, I'll post all the stuff that needs doing. V Translanka, I've held off asking for assitance with the Chrono Cross weapons since I still haven't written a tutorial for it -- if you're interested in that section.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
I am totally out of it.
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2004, 08:06:56 am »
V Translanka, I've held off asking for assitance with the Chrono Cross weapons since I still haven't written a tutorial for it -- if you're interested in that section.

Tutorial? I'm not sure what you mean. I'll do all I can though...But like I've said, most (actually not really that much of a stretch) of it is just me throwing up the Brady book info, which I've come to know isn't the most reliable of Chrono Cross information packs out there...But it's got plenty of Item, Character, and Monster Info. I've got no qualms re-writing that stuff for the site though.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
I am totally out of it.
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2004, 02:06:06 am »
I feel that I cannot do it anymore.

OathoftheTimeTraveler

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.ffexp.com
I am totally out of it.
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2004, 10:11:07 am »
I've got little going on right now. Count me in if you need some help.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
I am totally out of it.
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2004, 02:13:07 pm »
I already did some weapon entries in the encyclopedia. I think I'm gonna do all the CC ones...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
I am totally out of it.
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2004, 05:08:44 pm »
Alright. I've got the spirit back in me, it seems.

Grip of Death

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
I am totally out of it.
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2004, 10:25:15 pm »
It's nice you are getting back to it. Hi, this is my first post. I've been lurking for some time but this site is a gem. I feel right at home with the thoughtful discussions on a truly great game. Being at a plethera of gaming sites, it's an unfortunate but common occurance that the users of a community have little to relate to, muchless carry coherent, enthusiastic discussion. Anyway, I have many ideas on Chrono Trigger and would love to share them... but right now I'm tied up with real life obligations such as schooling. In the meantime I'll jot down mental notes...

Anyway, I wanted to write here to at least let you know of these things. I appriciate this site and I look forward to working with you guys when I can squeeze some time in! Please don't give up!

Cheers  :)

Phoenix Rebirth

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
I am totally out of it.
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2004, 08:34:57 am »
This site... is... man too great for words ^_^ really though... DONT you dare quit when i finally find a site to hang out at.. If i can help in any way just lemme know thru e-mail or post.. Moderators watch the content right? That would be a cool job... .  o i went off topic sorry >_<.  Anyways, excellent job with the site so far.. Dont quit on me