Author Topic: The Truth revealed: what is really delaying Chrono Break  (Read 6497 times)

MartyExodus

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
The Truth revealed: what is really delaying Chrono Break
« Reply #15 on: December 31, 2006, 01:49:19 am »
To be honest, ladies and gents, taking this much time on Chrono Break might not actually be that bad of an idea. There could be various reasons.... perhaps they're trying to make sure it's ner perfect before even giving word that it's coming out? What would it be like to show up at E3 with a near-complete game?

Also.... perhaps it's gonna be uber-long with a helluva lotta good story branches... perhaps time zones AND branching dimensions?

And if nothing else.... FFX-2 and FFXI sucked.... I hear FFXII might be good..... but regardless, Final Fantasy is dying, slowly but surely. Maybe they've got Chrono Break nigh complete for the PS3 and are failing to give word or release it until Final Fantasy actually dies? While there are MORE FF fans out there, us Chrono fans are the diehard ones. They know we'll get the game even if the company goes under. So.... petition and stuff, we should.... but ultimately we shouldn't push them too hard.... they'll come out with game in due time.

Lee

• Porrean (+50)
  • Harle fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Ocean Pie
Re: The Truth revealed: what is really delaying Chrono Break
« Reply #16 on: January 03, 2007, 10:23:33 pm »
And until that day, I was sure that Final Fantasy XI was a complete failure for SquareEnix. Maybe I should read the news related to the FF games more carefully. But I'm so tired of the FF series, especially the latest episodes (by the way, I agree 100% with MartyExodus, FF is dying... in quality, but in popularity I'm not sure, unfortunately).
Chrono Break, dammit !

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2007, 01:59:05 am »
i'm surprised to see so many people think FF is dying, im mean XI sucked cause its a MMO and those usually suck sooner or later and X-2 was a much lower grade than X was for a sequal.
but XII apparently is pretty good and XIII looks like i could be good.
i could hardly say its dying after two games that were mediocre and sucky.

Umaro

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2007, 03:04:45 pm »
I knew there was some underlying evil plot to FFXI. If only I had known I had been delaying Chrono Break. I've finally kicked that habit now, but I played FFXI on and off for three years since it came out and even bought both the expansion packs. All that time and money aiding the enemy... what a waste. 

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2007, 03:07:17 pm »
This is why I will never buy FFXI or FFXII or anymore FF's until they release Chrono Break.

dankun

• Guardian (+100)
  • Male...female......what's the difference?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2007, 12:35:07 am »
This is why I will never buy FFXI or FFXII or anymore FF's until they release Chrono Break.

I knew there was some underlying evil plot to FFXI. If only I had known I had been delaying Chrono Break. I've finally kicked that habit now, but I played FFXI on and off for three years since it came out and even bought both the expansion packs. All that time and money aiding the enemy... what a waste. 

I always wanted to buy and be able to play FFXI, though now that I know it may have hurt Chrono Break's chances I'm glad that I never did.
I've been thinking about buying FFXII, seeing as how it does seem to be a good game. In all hontesty do you really believe that to go ahead and ignore it and not buying it, will help in any way for Chrono Break to happen?

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2007, 12:43:34 am »
I've been thinking about buying FFXII, seeing as how it does seem to be a good game. In all hontesty do you really believe that to go ahead and ignore it and not buying it, will help in any way for Chrono Break to happen?

Yes, if we don't buy the game, sales will drop, and maybe they'll see the light.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2007, 03:31:40 am »

Yes, if we don't buy the game, sales will drop, and maybe they'll see the light.

"Yes, if we stop giving them buying their large franchises, maybe they'll decide to take the larger risk in times of declining sales to resurrect their older franchises."

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2007, 10:52:28 pm »

"Yes, if we stop giving them buying their large franchises, maybe they'll decide to take the larger risk in times of declining sales to resurrect their older franchises."

Trust me, if it works, they'll do anything to get their money back. All we have to do is send them letters saying that we will not buy anymore of their games until Chrono Break is released.

Boycotting will help to put the message through.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 09, 2007, 12:41:35 am »
Such a boycott is beyond the Chrono Compendium's realm of power.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2007, 12:50:11 am »

How so? All it really is a bunch(read: hopefully everyone) not buying SquareEnix games until the release of Chrono Break.  Is there some sort of legal issue?

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #26 on: January 09, 2007, 02:24:48 am »

How so? All it really is a bunch(read: hopefully everyone) not buying SquareEnix games until the release of Chrono Break.  Is there some sort of legal issue?

The scope of the Compendiums influence is several orders of magnitude beneath what would be required for an effective boycott.

Andrelvis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 10, 2007, 10:21:26 pm »
Yes, we ought to do something really productive, like a good game with a Chrono theme, and make it successful. Much better than petitions or boycotts - they never seem to work. Btw, am I the only one to notice that Chrono Trigger did not get a GBA re-release like FFV and FFVI did? I wonder why, their PSX release was together. And those GBA re-releases tend to have interesting new content.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 10, 2007, 11:09:03 pm »
They can't think of anything to add.

If they made it it would probably have El Nido or 1999 AD.

Andrelvis

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 11, 2007, 11:46:57 am »
Well, I can think of loads of things to add:P Schala, for example. But if they don't want make any drastic additions, which is fine since it is a re-release, even some new items would be nice. And it's just dumbness on their part - Chrono Trigger was one of their most successful games in the SNES, it doesn't make any sense to not release it on the GBA even if it is on it's current form.