Author Topic: Alchemy in Chrono Trigger  (Read 7241 times)

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
Re: Alchemy in Chrono Trigger
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2007, 01:06:01 am »
Perhaps the reason that DBT exist maybe of the presence of the Time Devourer in that place & through it the four elements manifest through him.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2007, 07:05:09 pm »
Yes, but it seems the Darkness Beyond Time has existed as long as there has been time travel. The Time Devourer was a fairly "New" occurance.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 22, 2007, 09:12:24 am »
Not exactly... Time doesn't exist in DBT since that there's no beginning or end.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 22, 2007, 06:53:08 pm »
Yes, but it's EXISTED ever since Time Travel. The DBT exists as a repository for deleted and/or obsolete timelines. That's what it is.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2007, 02:54:36 am »
If what you say is true then why is it that the DBT is nothing but an empty space?  If it is indeed a repository for deleted and/or obsolete timelines then surely there a trace of those timelines in DBT.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2007, 04:08:33 pm »
Because they're stored as mere information there. Not like it matters, it says right there in the game what the DBT is.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2007, 05:25:03 am »
It seems that I overlook it...

Ffej

• Iokan (+1)
  • Time Follower
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: April 10, 2007, 10:05:20 am »
Coming back to the topic in relation to the elements, "everything", Spekkio and the sort.....

Very rarely does "everything" ever mean "everything" literally. For example, when you say you want "everything", you cannot want happiness and want sadness, let alone want to have one thing and want two things at the same time. Whenever the word "everything" is used, you cannot assume every single tangible and intangible object or subject is being included. When Spekkio says Everything is based on the four elements in Chrono Trigger, he was not meant to be talking in relation to willpower and whatnot. Even in the slim chance that those WERE meant to be included, it does not mean elements are the only deciding factors for which willpower etc occur.

Also, with the point on different magic being made up of different chains of "S,S,W", etc... I don't think it can be simplified to be so easy to understand if we are talking about the understanding of the Chrono Trigger world, of course you may say so if it were based on the "video game" sense, but I see magic more as a infinite scale on which "elements" (out of lightning, water, ice and shadow) have variable strengths, assuming that magic is purely based on these four elements as Spekkio said.

If you understand what I mean, please help me clarify my ideas, or if you don't, you might as well question my ideals.