Author Topic: CTNP @ MAGFest!  (Read 2610 times)

ctnovelist

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
CTNP @ MAGFest!
« on: December 15, 2006, 12:20:10 am »
That's right!  In perhaps one of our craziest moves yet, CTNP will actually have a table at MAGFest in Vienna, Virginia.  This, the Music and Gaming Festival, takes place Jan. 4-7, 2007 at the Vienna Sheraton.

I will be there with Committee member Jeremy ("Pezman") to help educate people about the project and pass out petition forms.  We're definitely excited, and maybe we'll even get to meet some current supporters.

If you want to go, you should check it out pretty quick.  Hotel rooms are going fast (if not already gone), and there is a discount for preregistering online (before end of December).

Hope to see you there!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: CTNP @ MAGFest!
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 01:05:38 am »
Light anyone from OCR there on fire for me.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 02:48:00 am »
and thus, sony issued the cease and desist order for this fable project, doomed to be like chrono resurrection :O

XcyrusX

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • myspace.com/nathan98023
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 04:27:12 am »
and thus, sony issued the cease and desist order for this fable project, doomed to be like chrono resurrection :O

so so sad GL

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 05:41:06 am »

Chrono Ressurection was stopped because it was a complete 3D demo of the game. Fanfics never get cease & desist orders.

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 12:48:37 pm »

Chrono Ressurection was stopped because it was a complete 3D demo of the game. Fanfics never get cease & desist orders.
ya never know.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 01:29:19 pm »
The issue is the arena. No fanfic will get a C&D on the internet, but bringing it to a publisher is a different story.

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 05:46:03 pm »
The issue is the arena. No fanfic will get a C&D on the internet, but bringing it to a publisher is a different story.
taking a fanfic to a place where it can get exposure and make the creators thinks its going for publication might though.

ctnovelist

• Fan Project Leader
  • Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chronotrigger.info
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2006, 10:46:16 pm »
An interesting thought, but I think we'll be okay.  We're going to the show to get petition signatures, which are for the purpose of showing Square that many fans would like a CT novel (or ANYTHING new in the Chrono series, for that matter).  This is much, MUCH different than creating our own Chrono remake game and offering it up for free without permission.  All we have are four Demo Chapters, which are there solely to help educate people about the project and its product.

This is also a good time to note that this is the main reason the entire novel isn't available for download.  I'm saving it for Square first.