Author Topic: Chrono Trigger version of CC/Radical Dreamers  (Read 5060 times)

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Chrono Trigger version of CC/Radical Dreamers
« on: December 11, 2006, 07:06:06 pm »
Is anyone making a ct version of cross or dreamers?

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger version of CC/Radical Dreamers
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 07:57:02 pm »
I think there were a few but they probably ended.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 09:41:40 pm »

Tried when I first got TF, was the shitest piece of shit I will ever make. (It was just a text hack.)

Though I remember one person's CT style RD. He had the sprites and everything.

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 09:52:20 pm »
damn, cuz it would make great games, but it would take hella long

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 10:01:43 pm »

Tried when I first got TF, was the shitest piece of shit I will ever make. (It was just a text hack.)

I've got a neat idea for an RD hack, but it's a massive undertaking. Still, it's completely technically feasible.

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 10:03:49 pm »
hmmm.....if i knew how to do all this stuff i would make a cc and rd chrono trigger version, i have alot of free time

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 10:31:59 pm »

I've got a neat idea for an RD hack, but it's a massive undertaking. Still, it's completely technically feasible.

I take it that will be the CE Team's next project? :roll:

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 10:37:25 pm »

I take it that will be the CE Team's next project? :roll:
I hope, cuz chrono crissis and chrimson echoes won't be enough for me, i need moooooore.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 11:32:51 pm »
Meh, just wait till Nightmare, Mystik, Kazuki, and I release a demo of our project =D  Full graphics hack/tech/music hack = o.O

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 12, 2006, 01:18:58 am »
this is off topic but, we need some more people at the Comic Lab http://z10.invisionfree.com/Chrono_Cross_ALSAT

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2006, 01:57:15 am »
hmmm.....if i knew how to do all this stuff i would make a cc and rd chrono trigger version, i have alot of free time

Why not spend an hour or two a day just fiddling around with Temporal Flux? Just toying with it a little bit each day will enlighten you to some of it's features and it's usage virtually every time you try something. Read up on what other people have done on the boards here, and look through the tutorials posted all over the place. Use the search feature of the boards if you have trouble finding something, or just post a thread asking for help. The easiest way to get a project you want to see done is to get it done yourself, or gather a team together and work on it with others.

Even if you don't plan on starting anything, what ideas do you guys all have for such a project? I love Radical Dreamers, but for the life of me I can't envision how to pull it off with CT's engine. I'd love to hear some of your ideas though.

I did forget for a second though that all of RD's music can be implanted into CT.
Hmmm...

Maybe a hack that consists entirely of events? Not much player interaction at all, just a huge HUGE event based hack that people read like a book, with moving sprites and scripted events that tell out the story of Radical Dreamers. That would be kind of neat, and the first modification of it's kind.

XcyrusX

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • myspace.com/nathan98023
« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2006, 02:39:21 am »
I totally agree with him Im still trying out TF every day for like 30 minutes and checking on the forums even asking for help and im learning alot!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2006, 03:05:17 am »
My idea was to take four overworlds and make them all one interconnected landmass of 1020 A.D. (or whenever RD takes place) to create a truly huge world. You'd access quarters of the overall map through border stations (since we can't actually...you know, have a 4x Overworld). It'd almost feel like a sandbox at first, since you'd have the options of raiding mansions in different towns. After getting used to the world and finding Serge (you start as Kid and Magil), the story can either go the route of time traveling somewhat (and maintaining the deep-dish handling of overworlds, focusing on specific regions), or it can stay in 1020 A.D. and build drama there.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2006, 08:55:34 am »
Hell, I learned alot messing with TF.  Worked with it for a week and I could almost get everything down.  Then came when I decided to lay off CT series for like 6 months and forgot every little thing except somewhat implenting music and sprites .__.

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2006, 07:04:21 pm »

Why not spend an hour or two a day just fiddling around with Temporal Flux? Just toying with it a little bit each day will enlighten you to some of it's features and it's usage virtually every time you try something.
well you see, i am what is called.......lazy

Hell, I learned alot messing with TF.  Worked with it for a week and I could almost get everything down.  Then came when I decided to lay off CT series for like 6 months and forgot every little thing except somewhat implenting music and sprites .__.

and you see, i'm not real good at messing around with stuff and learning, i just end up screwing it up.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 07:06:57 pm by dan_death »