Author Topic: MMO Setups  (Read 1322 times)

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
MMO Setups
« on: December 11, 2006, 06:01:58 am »
read this before spouting something:

This thread is about how we would set up various Main stream things into an RPG format.

I'll pick a game with possible MMO format ablity, and you help pick a way to set it up.

first up: Kingdom hearts:

I believe this game is possible because of the Spoiler ALERT: Keyblade war that takes place in secert endings (is you didn't play, sorry to spoil)

And... GO

cupn00dles

• Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
Re: MMO Setups
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 11:23:31 am »
Need for Speed Most Wanted

A bunch of tuned cars rolling in the city, engaging in multiple styles of racing, police chasing and stuff.

Man, would I love that.

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 02:31:45 pm »

A bunch of tuned cars rolling in the city, engaging in multiple styles of racing, police chasing and stuff.

Man, would I love that.
... and OVER the head it goes.

cupn00dles

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 04:16:07 pm »

Man, would I love that.

Heh. It's a very simple and possible premise actually.

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 05:01:19 pm »
Chrono Series would actually make for an awesome MMO. You can visit all sorts of different time-frames, with each period being a bunch of continents all in it's own, and can start from different points in time and different factions.

You could be a Mystic Demi-Human mage, or a Chorasian Knight or a Guardian Thief. Or maybe you'd be a Reptite Berserker or a Zealian Battle Mage? The potential is practically limitless, and the vast times and the variety of landscapes would make for quite an experience, no?

XcyrusX

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • myspace.com/nathan98023
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2006, 05:22:48 pm »
A Chrono mmo would own! I like the idea about a Guardia thief LoL!

Also its a great idea cause there could be like 2 servers and in each one of those servers you randomly start in a time  period like lets say 600 AD and you do quest and build up your character until a certain LvL and black gates start popping up lol and that leads to more era's and more quest....

P.s. It would have an awesome PvP with original CT fighting = )

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2006, 07:07:59 pm »

Man, would I love that.

This would actually be the sort of game that lends itself well to an MMO. Each city could be a server. Drive around in a sort of GTA-ish style until a race challenge comes up, then actually go in to a more traditional race view and burn some rubber.

cupn00dles

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2006, 07:13:27 pm »

Man, would I love that.

This would actually be the sort of game that lends itself well to an MMO. Each city could be a server. Drive around in a sort of GTA-ish style until a race challenge comes up, then actually go in to a more traditional race view and burn some rubber.

Yeah. And lots of (maybe player controlled also) cop cars. It would be insanely fun.

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2006, 09:46:23 pm »
..... that's it, your all fired.

XcyrusX

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2006, 10:26:14 pm »
Ughh...ok If Kingdom Hearts was a MMo.

Each player could randomly start at a world like ...Lion King lol and move forward from there[ to prevent a huge laggy beginning area...]

...Thats all i got sry Angel...  = (

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 14, 2006, 04:38:16 am »

Each player could randomly start at a world like ...Lion King lol and move forward from there[ to prevent a huge laggy beginning area...]

how about leveling? how would you aqquire keychains: could you synth your own, or use moogles? who will be from the SE universe?

think about this for a second.

there's alot to a mmo setup.

XcyrusX

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 14, 2006, 03:03:40 pm »

how about leveling? how would you aqquire keychains: could you synth your own, or use moogles? who will be from the SE universe?

think about this for a second.

there's alot to a mmo setup.

Ok it would have to be 3-d First of all no 2-d Crap.

Also gotta be Hella customizable ( i don't want to run around with 100 Sora's everyone would look way to gay)    = (   

So yeah and I think Admin or GM's who play the game should look main characters like Sora, Riku, Kairi.

Then I think there should be a beginners tutorial in which ever world you start in.
Then after completion of the tutorial you should be about LvL 5 and somehow you are bestowed with the keyblade.
 Then while you lock more and more worlds you get that worlds certain keychains like the games in the past also can win  rare keychains from winning minigames and Tournaments held in all different worlds.

But Now add a few SE Worlds in the mix.. Ex: Any Final Fantasy World..and ugh Chrono Trigger! ( I wish)

Then PvP I think if the MMo about the Keyblade Wars that would be awesome iono should it be a challange another player sort of thing... or maybe a combo of that and one huge fighting Area in each world where its 2 or more huge groups against each other....?

Make a huge PvP Tournament inside the Hercules Coliseum  once a month or more to get bragging rights and winner gets some rare item or KeyChain...

LvLing up in the game would be much as it is in any other mmo kill enemies for XP. or even with PvP's you get extra Xp if you win....?

Also I was thinking about a party system which I have with many MMo's but cannot find a way to get that to work i mean like Donal Goofy and Others you can recruit like Guards.... What do you think of that Angel? Maybe You can think of somthing with that party system.

^^

« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 03:06:08 pm by XcyrusX »