Author Topic: Should the DBT always be avalible?  (Read 3018 times)

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Should the DBT always be avalible?
« on: December 10, 2006, 06:30:37 pm »
In CT, you could always access 1999 AD via the bucket in the End of Time. But in CE, you have to go through the whole game to access the DBT. I think the DBT should always be avalible via the TDC. When we enter the TDC it should be a choice, just call it ??? or something. That way, gamers can get the asses handed to them and make them want to get through the game just to beat the final boss.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
Re: Should the DBT always be avalible?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2006, 07:27:15 am »
But wouldn't it be some kind of spoiler? Seeing who the final boss is? In CT you already knew about Lavos before you were able to face him, and you knew he will be the last one to face.

Kae

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2006, 05:31:04 pm »
Well, not knowing the plot down to the letter, does the player only find out about the final boss (King Zeal, yes?) right before they're forced to fight him? If not, I don't see why something couldn't be implemented like the 1999 A.D. bucket. Just have it disabled until the player learns the identity of the final boss.

Alternatively, if there are some lead-up bosses to the final encounter (IE: like Final Fantasy VI, let's say) then grant the player the ability to use the bucket whenever they want. They'll get creamed before they learn the identity of the final boss anyways.

TheOutlaw

• Guardian (+100)
  • Run like it is Godzilla!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2006, 10:03:26 pm »
Well it'd probably be best if the bucket was only available in New Game+
that way ,for the sake of multiple endings, nothing will be spoiled. and the final boss can be battled whenever.

Now the question is; Can that be done?

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2006, 06:22:32 am »
The Entity dungeon would be superfluous if the bucket was always available (the Entity opens the DBT Gate).

The "bucket" would be in New Game+ I think (I see no reason why New Game+ couldn't be implemented).

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 01:33:33 pm »
Definitely New Game +, since we'll have optional endings. Including that crazy dream I had about Sakaguchi trying to hijack the game or something.

Hah, I thought this thread was in Time's Illusion's forum. That's why it took so long for me to reply...