Author Topic: A New Beginning  (Read 9757 times)

Lavodox

• Guardian (+100)
  • Ignorance is to be whipped. -Franziska Von Karma
    • View Profile
A New Beginning
« on: December 08, 2006, 03:06:21 pm »
Hello everybody, this is my first fanfiction submitted to the CC and it's based off a dream I had last night about CT...enjoy! :D  Note...this takes place in the Lavos timeline at first, but changes to the keystone timeline.

Chaper 1: A Seemingly normal afternoon

It was a sunny day in 1999 A.D., just a day before the terror known as Lavos would surface and cause the Apocalypse. A man named Maxus was out in his garden watering his plants, watching everybody talk busily in the sunlight of Arris Dome. He looked up to see his wife walking over to him, smiling brilliantly.
   "Emilia!" he cried out, "Good morning! Did you have a nice sleep, dear?" Emilia nodded sharply and said, "Yes, hon, I was just going to a mall to buy some groceries." Maxus nodded, thinking about going to Bangor Dome to Arris Square to celebrate Guardia's 2000th anniversary.
       "Hmm...I think I'm going to go to Arris Square, dear. His wife, Emilia, smiled slightly and nodded, her black hair swaying with the wind, "Okay, hon, just be back by lunch"
       "Alright, sweetie, will do." As Maxus turned and walked over to his hover car and started it up, he had no idea his life would soon change completely.
      As he drove away, he turned on to his favorite radio station and listened to the news.
"Today we learn that another tremendous tremor shocked the city of Medina today, which leaves its citizens posiively frightened. Hopefully we don't see too many more of these, but I doubt that we won't."
     Maxus turned off the radio and sighed, wondering why the quakes have gotten so violent lately. He shook the question off his chest and continued driving towards Arris Square.
     5 hours later, after he was done with his business at the 2nd Millenial Fair, he was driving back to his dome, hurriedly, having missed his lunch. Suddenly, time seemed to freeze, as did Maxus' car. He shut it off and walked out, stunned by what just happened.
     Then, a figure clad in white appeared in a flash of light, making Maxus stumble. The figure approached Maxus, an said in a mystical voice as he walked out, "Do not be afraid, Maxus. I have come here to warn you about the threat of a being called Lavos. Tomorrow he will destroy the world and nearly all of it's inhabitants. I want you and you alone to escape this world of desolation."
     Awestricken, Maxus looked up in confusion, then a look of panic started to grow on his face.
"What...what must I do, enlightened stranger?" The figure looked at him with a glint in his glowing eyes and said, "You must look where you live, the answer lies there, in the form of a scroll, Maxus, NOW GO!"
    As the figure disappeared, and time resumed, Maxus suddenly ound himself home.
"I-I must find this scroll at all costs!" he said as his face grew red with sweat and tension.
    "E-EMILIA!" he yelled as loud as he could, "Have you seen a scroll anywhwere?" His wife didn't respond, and he started to feel anxious. He looked everywhere through the house, and finally found her, downstairs, laying on the ground, a bloody mess, holding a scroll in her dead hand..
    "EMILIA? EMILIA?! EMILIA!!! WHY??? WHYYY!!!" After he stopped crying over her death, he took the scroll and opened it. He examined it to find it was an arcane magic scroll forged for one lucky enough to find it. Maxus asked the mystics about it the next day, and he discovered it would take him to an alternate world.

"H-how is this possible, sages?!"

"Maxus...we came from a timeline known as the keystone timeline. It's a timeline of a bright future, one whose future is not ruined or destroyed by the terrible threat of Lavos. We come from the future of the keystone timeline."
     As he listened, Maxus was astounded by what hwe was hearing.
"How far into the future, wise sages?" he asked

"Exactly 1,301 years, Maxus. Stay with us in Medina. There is nothing left for you here in Truce Dome, so come...we must depart."

The next day, after a restless sleep, Maxus found the three sages in a hurry. As he watched them hurry around and pack their stuff, Maxus looked at them questioningly.

"Uh...what's the rush, guys?" When Maxus looked at them, their faces were wide with terror.

"LAVOS WILL RISE NEXT TO US IN EXACTLY ONE MINUTE, MAXUS!!! THERE'S NO TIME, WE MUST RETURN TO THE KEYSTONE TIMELINE, AND YOU'RE COMING WITH!"

Maxus immediately grew panicked and felt like hurling...but he couldn't. Right when he ran to the bathroom, a devastating quake shook the house, and it grew larger and larger, not receding, until, right outside their window, a spiked creature with a funny thing that looked like it's mouth was right outside.

"OH, NO! MAXUS, IT'S LAVOS! WE MUST HURRY!"
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 02:55:34 pm by Lavodox »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: A New Beginning
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 05:13:27 pm »
That's actually kinda of interesting. 
ruined or destroyed by the terrible threat of Lavo
You mean Lavos >_>  Other then that, I like this.  XD

Lavodox

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2006, 05:15:39 pm »
yay! This is the best fanfic review I've ever gotten! ^_^ :D

Lavodox

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2006, 03:04:00 pm »
Chapter 2:Deja Vu?

As Maxus ran for the door, the sages took the scroll from it's sitting place and opened it, studying the ancient language, apparently trying to speak a spell.

"S-sages...hurry!" Maxus yelled as Lavos screamed into the air, piercing the silence with it's horrible screech. As he watched the sages, sweating frantically he heard what appeared to be lasers emit from Lavos. He screamed, wanting it to stop.
     The destruction, the screaming, he couldn't handle it.
"STOP IT!!!" He finally yelled, then...all was silent, and his surroundings...were intact. The spell had worked.
    The head sage breathed a sigh of relief, then fell to his knees, his breathing terribly labored from the spell.
"M-Maxus...now...that I am...finished with...the spell...and have saved at least one...innocent life...I may rest in peace.

"But...before I die, Maxus, let us tell you our names." As Maxus listened closely, he began to realize he had just escaped a terrible fate.

"My name...is Bolthosaur. My brother...Belthasar, he gave me this idea."

"Maxus looked strangely at the white bearded sage, "Belthasar?"

As Maxus looked at him, the old man died, his eyes glazing over at last. Giving a sigh, Maxus looked over to the two sages, who said their names were Gospair and Malcheir. They also said, they,too had brothers, and they all came from the kingdom of Zeal, which ceased to exist many eons ago.

Suddenly, the ground began to shake violently again, which made Maxus gulp and grab the two sages.
     He sprinted away from the site, running with the two sages as fast as his legs could carry him. He looked back to see to see Lavos had risen.

"LAVOS?! I thought he didn't exist here!"

"Hehe...did Bolthosdaur say that? He does...but, observe...", Gospair said. As Maxus watched Lavos rise, he noticed seven unknown figures approach the beast, taking out weapons and battling the beast.

"WHAT?! What are they? Are they MAD? They'll be slaughtered!"

As he watched, he noticed the fighters growing tired. Maxus narrowed his eyes and truned to the sages and said,"I'm sorry guys, but I'm going to join them. I have a weapon that will help them. It was passed down my family line after being discovered about 999 years ago. It's called the Muramasa."

Gospair turned to him and said, "Mmm.....do as you wish, wielder of the Muramasa. With that,Maxus charged toward the beast, his eyes ablaze.
      If he didn't hurry, his fate would repeat itself, he knew, deep down, so he screamed and
ran at the beast, his white katana gleaming in the wind. JIRAIYA
« Last Edit: September 13, 2007, 10:17:59 am by Lavodox »

XcyrusX

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • myspace.com/nathan98023
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2006, 05:33:51 pm »
I like it so far! LoL i never talk about Cyrus's sister Cieres.  : )

O and he has the Murasume Sweet!

Lavodox

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2006, 10:20:57 am »
Chapter 3: The Power of Maxus

As he approached the foul beast, he used his hi potions to heal everybody. They gave him a look of gratitude, and the red haired boy said, "I don't know who you are, stranger, but thank you for joining us."

"Haa haa...no problem." Now that they were healed, they began vigorously casting spells on the beast. Maxus noticed a little...thing assisting Lavos, and ran straight for it, blade lowered at his side. As he reached it, he screamed loudly and sliced the blade through the air.
       The little thing appeared to fine, but all of a sudden it just fell apart, green blood seeping from the beast.

"HAI!" Maxus screamed triumphantly, his blade raised high. He moved back with the group and listened to them introduce themselves as they dodged Lavos' attacks. The frog introduced himself as Glenn, the purple robed Blue haired man's name was Janus, heir was also a robot whose name was Robo, and three women whose names were Ayla, Marle, and Lucca.
        The red haired man, he seemed to be the leader here, and apparently he was. His name was.....Crono.
As they struck at the beast, suddenly a rain of some sort fell upon them, and brutally wounded them, as Maxus kneeled there, breathing with labor, he felt an anger so deep , he knew it was to be used against the beast, Lavos.
        He stumbled to his feet and screamed, thrusting his katana into the eye of Lavos, then taking it out and slashing the form of an M on it. Then suddenly his hands glowed, and he felt power flow through him. He instinctively knew now, what he was doing. He closed his eyes and relaxed, as a beam started to form on his hands, filling him with life, and it overflowed into the others as well.
       As they got back onto their feet, they also started to get ready for an attack of some sort. But when they seemed ready, right when they were about to hit him, Maxus unleashed his anger in the form of a colossal beam of fire that completely engulfed Lavos. As he was screaming in agony, Lavos' body was collapsing on itself, completely on fire.
      Completely exhausted, Maxus collapsed to the ground, and laughed with triumph, just before feeling himself being picked up and carried away.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2006, 10:22:36 am by Lavodox »

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 04:56:44 pm »
XD!  I like this.  Is chapter 3 the last chapter? ;_;  If so, it's so short yet so interesting XD

Lavodox

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 03:02:02 pm »
Chapter 3: A New World?

When Maxus came to, he found he was in a room with an open curtain and a bare wall, with some stairs leading down. He yawned, and brushed away the blankets, standing up and folding the bed.
     As he entered what appeared to be a mix between a living room and a kitchen, he was greeted by a woman who was cooking breakfast.

"Good morning. My son Crono found you and brought you here. He's at the moonlight parade" Maxus looked at her with question.

"The Moonlight Parade?" Crono's mom nodded, "Yes, it's to celebrate the end of Guardia's millenial fair, and to celebrate Crono's quest to save the future."
     Maxus listened to her and realized, that this place was somehow...different from where he was from. He looked around for a while, then told Crono's mom that he was going out to find him.
     She nodded and resumed her cooking. Maxus walked out of the house and before him was a beautiful plain. He opened his mouth with awe and walked along a path till he walked into a square, illuminated with lights and market stands. He suddenly recognised some of this merchandise from an antique shop he's been to, but those models were far older, dating back to 1000 A.D.
    Then he realized, he was taken back in time to 1000 A.D. His eyes widened, and he wondered how this time was different from his. He thought about it as he walked in the square, searching for Crono.
    He saw a machine up ahead, and Crono was beside it. He approached his and waved cheerily, seeming bright and happy about Crono's success at defeating Lavos.

"Hello, Crono. What are you doing here?" Crono remained silent for a moment, then raised his head as he heard Maxus speak.

"I...I just said goodbye to my friends, except Marle and Lucca, who live here in 1000 A.D. How do you enjoy 1000 A.D. so far?"
     Maxus shrugged, giving a slight chuckle.

"From what I've seen, Crono, this time is better than my time. It's more peaceful,though the technology in 1999 is more advanced."

Crono nodded and turned to face him. He examined Maxus, seeming to notice something interesting about him.
     "You...you sort of look like me, Maxus. You...I think you're my descendant." Maxus looked at Crono with a shock in his eyes.

"Crono...no wonder I have such skill with a blade, like you. I wield the Muramasa, which has helped my family perfect the art of swordplay."
     Crono smirked and slapped Maxus on the back, "Maxus, how'd you like to live in my time. You may return anytime you wish to your original time, but will live here. How does that sound?"

Maxus smiled broadly, "I think that is a great idea, Crono. I also think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship, my ancestral friend."

The End

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 04:53:20 pm »
-claps-  Btw it's chapter 4 >_>

Lavodox

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2006, 09:59:10 am »
It is not. I checked myself. It is not chapter 4. not.another.word.

It's over.SHHH! 8)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2006, 01:04:34 pm »
I'd better post this. I always forget about submissions here.

XcyrusX

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • myspace.com/nathan98023
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2006, 09:00:39 pm »
Woot Great Job! *Claps* *Screams like a Girlie Man*

Lavodox

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2006, 02:47:32 pm »
*screams like a girlie man*

lol, I liked that last one.

Lavodox

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 02:54:38 pm »
But in all seriousness, who would like to see a chapter 4? Anybody? I'm only going to offer this one time...anybody who loved my fanfic gimme a **** yeah!  8)

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2007, 04:49:51 pm »
ME I DO!!! I LOVE THIS FANFICT! XD