Author Topic: Gather, all ye anime lovers  (Read 1376 times)

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Gather, all ye anime lovers
« on: December 05, 2006, 11:07:45 am »
So, has anyone heard of Death Note's anime release? Any watchers? Fans? Read the manga?

I, for one, am liking this anime so much. God, L and Light are two geniuses, and the show sure knows how to set up the mood-it's a great thriller.

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
Re: Gather, all ye anime lovers
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2006, 02:45:38 pm »
So, has anyone heard of Death Note's anime release? Any watchers? Fans? Read the manga?

I, for one, am liking this anime so much. God, L and Light are two geniuses, and the show sure knows how to set up the mood-it's a great thriller.

It's been a while since I ended reading the manga, and have been watching the anime for like two weeks. To me, DN is the beast manga/anime series ever. BTW, I like the way the author slightly changed the order of some happenings in the animation, somethings feel even more plausible in the anime than in the manga.

I recommend that everyone, not just people who are usually into japanese animation/comics, but everyone to watch/read it.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 02:47:47 pm by cupn00dles »

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2006, 01:06:05 am »
i read most of it then stopped for awhile i need to  find where i was up to, but yeah death note is a awsome manga/anime and you should start reading it even if you dont normally read manga/watch anime

Mavix

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • I'm the pirate and I make any fool walk the Plank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2006, 03:29:05 pm »
this may be off topic but saridon were did you get that picture of kid and serge. it looks diffrnet from what they look like in the game. its looks like a show that would be good enough to play on the adult swim. I wonder if they would ever make it into a show. they made Final Fantasy into a freakin movie why dont they work on chrono cross or trigger.........................................Damn..... :x

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2006, 05:01:46 pm »
What is it about? Just saying "read/watch it" doesn't really help.

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2006, 07:04:01 pm »
What is it about? Just saying "read/watch it" doesn't really help.

Basically, it's about a boy who finds a Death Note which was dropped on earth by Shinigami Ryuuk and uses it to "rid the world of evil". Shortly after, it turns into a war of wits between two unholy-ly cunning beings. oO

Ramsus

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2006, 09:36:26 pm »
Some preppy Japanese genius kid finds a notebook from a death god that can be used to kill people by writing their names and times of death, so he goes on a power trip and decides to kill all of the bad people in the world.

The authorities catch on that someone's intentionally causing the death of all these criminals, so they try to capture the person. However, they aren't able to on their own, so they get some super detective's help and it becomes a thrilling cat and mouse game.

Oh the suspense...
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 09:38:01 pm by Ramsus »

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2006, 02:18:38 am »
Some preppy Japanese genius kid finds a notebook from a death god that can be used to kill people by writing their names and times of death, so he goes on a power trip and decides to kill all of the bad people in the world.

The authorities catch on that someone's intentionally causing the death of all these criminals, so they try to capture the person. However, they aren't able to on their own, so they get some super detective's help and it becomes a thrilling cat and mouse game.

Oh the suspense...

Yes, there is plenty of suspense. It's not just a cat and mouse game, it's a CLEVER cat and mouse game-the moves they make are calculated, cunning and at times simply staggering. The lengths to which they go to ensure neither is caught or amazing, up to the point where characters start manipulating even their damn memories to make sure they're not caught.

Really, it's an incredible anime with great art and presentation-watch it.

But really, potato chips never got a better commercial. Neither did apples, once you think of it.

Sarkany, it's mostly like Ramsus said-a Japanese genius kid finds a notebook a Death God dropped in the world that can be used to kill people by writing down their names, and the way of death, actions before death and time of death can also be manipulated. He goes on a 'Holy Crusade' to rid the world of 'evil' (criminals) and become the god of the new world. The authorities can't catch this guy on their own, so they recruit the aid of the genius detective 'L'. Both are equally genius, and the moves they make are really amazing.

Though, avoid the Live Action movie. As with all Live Action movies, it sucked.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2006, 12:29:08 pm »
Sounds interesting, I will give it a try/search this weekend.

saridon

• Mystical Knight (+700)
  • eater of cows and small fuzzy animals since 1991
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 08, 2006, 08:12:44 pm »
this may be off topic but saridon were did you get that picture of kid and serge. it looks diffrnet from what they look like in the game. its looks like a show that would be good enough to play on the adult swim. I wonder if they would ever make it into a show. they made Final Fantasy into a freakin movie why dont they work on chrono cross or trigger.........................................Damn..... :x
person at devient art drew it i asked for permission then after getting no response for about 2 months used it anyway assuming they were dead. and adult swim sucks btw too much dubbing/cutting stuff. i wallpaper out of the pic too at some point the thread should be buried in general somewhere.