Author Topic: Who thinks FFIII is the awesome?  (Read 1415 times)

BunnyFighter877

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=RandomReels778
Who thinks FFIII is the awesome?
« on: June 29, 2004, 07:02:01 am »
I'm not talking about the NA one for the SNES, I'm talking about the orginal.
I love it and have been playing it a lot lately on my emulator although I wish they'd release it for the GBA or something because it's really annoying to have to play it on the computer espicailly when everyone else is complaining that they want to get on. But I like the save states because with those it's kind of like cheating but a needed cheating as you need to use those to save. I love it because of the games job system and how you can just give your characters your spells instead having to learn them or something like that. And it's fun to experiment with different jobs!
Anyway any thoughts on this? Does anyone hate the game? Love it? Never even played it?

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 04:41:45 pm »
Never played it, don't speak Japanese.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 06:47:17 pm »
There is an English translation available.

1stoftheLast

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 12:23:51 am »
I played a bit of it, it seems all right.  Good old job system and whatnot.  Then I realize how amazing FFIV is and not just by comparison.

BunnyFighter877

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.xanga.com/home.aspx?user=RandomReels778
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2004, 01:37:33 am »
I have FF4 for PS(FF Chronicles, it's also how I have CT) and I don't really like the whole system. I mean that one is the only FF that actually used the traditional system of RPGs(at least it seems traditional to me) where you only have to level up to gain new spells and abilities and only certain characters can use this and that instead of there being a unique system where you have a lot more options for characters customization and stuff like that.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2004, 05:32:09 pm »
FFI is kinda like that though, only there aren't any abilities (to learn), and you have to buy your Magic...And FFVIII is like that too, only certain people have certain abilities...But you pretty much find/buy your abilities there too...Same with FFIX...

Well, anyhoo...FFIII was great & highly enjoyable. Onion Knights R K001! Or something...Best use of the Ninja Class! No. 1 baby (well, No. 2 with Onion Knight ahead)! Way better than the previous FFs, I & II. I don't get why it hasn't been givin a NA release...When are they going to learn that we love the Job Class System too!!!

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2004, 06:27:55 am »
I love FFIII, probably even more than FFVII... Dunno why, but, I sometimes consider FFIII to be the FF with the best fantasy (a floating island, a flood, petrified people, golden palace, fairies, big dinosaurs on the world map,etc.), even through the story is very simple, it's really nice. The music is cool too (especially the remixed songs from some FF album).

Just my opinion :)