Author Topic: Were they in on Project Kid?  (Read 1531 times)

Beeyo

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Were they in on Project Kid?
« on: February 25, 2007, 07:23:53 pm »
    Hi folks, I've just discovered the Compendium and I've been poring over all the information that you guys have compiled on CT. One thing that always struck me as odd was the fact that Crono and co. are just dead in CC. Crono and Marle are supposed to have died in a siege on Guardia Castle, and that's it. Well I don't believe it.
   Has anyone ever considered the possibility that Balthasar informed everyone of his plan beforehand? I mean, we know him and Lucca were in contact, Lucca knew about the Prometheus unit, and Lucca knew of Kid's real identity. Maybe The only way to fix the TimeDevourer problem was Balthasars plan, and they had to stay out of the picture and let things take their course.
Not like our heroes, but they couldn't very well just try 2 kill the TD, that wouldn't have solved anything.
   Robo is the Prometheus unit. Would loyal old Robo go along with a plan that would involved having his friends killed? I think they are all in on it, maybe with the exception of Frog and Ayla. Magus was probably chillin, watching everything go down, ready to go in if things didn't go right.
   The ghosts in the Dead Sea? That was the future they tried so hard to avert. Even if they died 1000 years prior, their ghosts would still be haunting the future.
Opassa Beach? Maybe the same ghosts. Maybe they died on some other journey far off in the future. Maybe they are waiting outside of time, projecting themselves to Serge and co. as a sign of inspiration. Maybe Crono went skiing and hit a tree and Marle died of grief. Chalk it up to the plotholes in CC.
   Perhaps after CC ended Crono and co. came out of hiding, went back in time, and thwarted the siege on the castle. Or MAYBE Crono and Marle were already gone, leaving the kingdom open to attack. Lucca stayed behind to play her part in Balthasars grandscheme. I mean, setting Luccas orphanage on fire? Lucca COMMANDED fire, Lucca WAS fire!!!
   Anyhoo, just thought I'd put it out there for discussion.Just my opinion folks. Great job on the site by the way!!Keep it up!!

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Were they in on Project Kid?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2007, 07:26:39 pm »
That's the problem; it's way too ambiguous. Miguel describes them as echoes, and they seem to be shortsighted upon first meeting Serge. They abusively blame him for destroying the world. Laster, they're amicable and even seem to be genuinely Crono, Marle, and Lucca. At any rate, Lucca was probably in on it, and perhaps by extension Crono and Marle were too. It's just too vague.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 02:57:38 pm »
    Hi folks, I've just discovered the Compendium and I've been poring over all the information that you guys have compiled on CT. One thing that always struck me as odd was the fact that Crono and co. are just dead in CC. Crono and Marle are supposed to have died in a siege on Guardia Castle, and that's it. Well I don't believe it.

A lot of people think like you too. Crono and Marle dying in 1005 AD is not a very solid theory, as evidenced by Lucca's wordings in her letter to Kid and possibly the drawings in her orphanage.

Has anyone ever considered the possibility that Balthasar informed everyone of his plan beforehand? I mean, we know him and Lucca were in contact, Lucca knew about the Prometheus unit,

Lucca being in contact with Belthasar is a common assumption, but personally I have yet to see any solid proof of it. It would certainly make some sense but I don't think it's fact. As for Lucca and the Prometheus Circuit, we don't know if the relation is direct or not. Lynx states that the Prometheus Circuit "was based on the initial Ashtear model circuit board, with extra logic added by another scientist" (by Belthasar). I suppose it can be interpreted in a few different ways, but I think it just means that Lucca created a particular circuit stuff in the present, and that the actual Prometheus Circuit was set up by Belthasar (and Robo...) in the future without having to tell Lucca about it.

Robo is the Prometheus unit. Would loyal old Robo go along with a plan that would involved having his friends killed?

Honestly, Ol' Man Bal' is so scary and megalomaniac I'm not even sure he needed Robo's permission to rip his circuits off... I mean, he says the Time Crash was his "finest hour", even though tons of people must have died from the Crash and from the subsequent Polis War... Just my opinion, but still :/

Lucca stayed behind to play her part in Balthasars grandscheme. I mean, setting Luccas orphanage on fire? Lucca COMMANDED fire, Lucca WAS fire!!!
Fire can't extinguish fire... Not to mention that Lynx, being the bad guy he is, most probably used children as human shield to force Lucca to cooperate with him. Plus, Lynx was assisted by Harle and an army of LavaBoys. Poor children...

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • It's a secret to everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 08:13:31 am »
It's debateable if Belthasar even met the heroes from CT in this 'new' timeline... of course, I haven't played CT so I don't know if anything disproves this.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 06:35:30 pm »
Yea, but he was monitoring ALL of history.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 07:02:06 pm »

I think he only monitored El Nido's history, actually.

Mystic Frog King

• Chronopolitan (+300)
  • It's a secret to everybody!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 12:52:07 pm »

Oh, really? Ah, well. This is what comes of not playing CC.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 06:23:28 pm »

Maybe, but he probably took everything into account, as the game implies, and probably looked at everything that could get involved with El Nido, such as the Porre Invasion.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 07:43:14 pm »

Maybe, but he probably took everything into account, as the game implies, and probably looked at everything that could get involved with El Nido, such as the Porre Invasion.

Yes, the Porre invasion is part of El Nido's history.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2007, 01:28:40 am »
Myeh, whatever. Point is, he monitored everything that could possibly be relevant.