Author Topic: Space in chrono trigger  (Read 8050 times)

VincentGAU8

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Toma The Explorer!! TOMA!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Space in chrono trigger
« Reply #45 on: May 10, 2008, 06:46:39 am »
Um, ok.. anyway, thanks Broj, you got me genuinely interested in astrophysics and cosmology..  :D

So, no conection between Space and Time.. Looks like i've misunderstood some things that i've read..
Thanks for clarifying..
« Last Edit: May 11, 2008, 06:30:21 am by VincentGAU8 »

VincentGAU8

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2008, 11:05:15 pm »
Wait a second... I just have to revive this thread, because it would seem that i am reading a different book..
If Space is truly independent of Time, then would not that go against relativistic principles? If we are to follow relativity, then Space (the 4th dimension) cannot be separated from the 3 spatial dimensions any more than the vertical dimension can be separated from the two horizontal dimensions. And if time and space were truly separate, then the Space-Time continuum mathematical model would have to consider Space and Time as different variables, not as a single one.

Broj, your statements are based on Quantum Theory, yes? That and the Theory of Relativity ought to be working together, but there are a couple of creases..

BROJ

• CC:DBT Dream Team
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 27, 2008, 12:12:40 am »
Wait a second... I just have to revive this thread, because it would seem that i am reading a different book..
If Space is truly independent of Time, then would not that go against relativistic principles? If we are to follow relativity, then Space (the 4th dimension) cannot be separated from the 3 spatial dimensions any more than the vertical dimension can be separated from the two horizontal dimensions.
I think there is some confusion as to what General Relativity actually is. Relativity simply states that absolute change in time and space cannot be determined as our perspectives are relative because we are 'moving' through space and time; so in short, there can be neither absolute rest nor absolute motion in our universe or, and this is crucial, in any universe.

And if time and space were truly separate, then the Space-Time continuum mathematical model would have to consider Space and Time as different variables, not as a single one.
Time and Space are interchangeable concepts and, as such, calculating everything would only produce slightly more accurate math with many redundancies.

Broj, your statements are based on Quantum Theory, yes? That and the Theory of Relativity ought to be working together, but there are a couple of creases..
Nope, simple Relativity.

On a similar vein: since dimensions are space-time interchangeable that means they can behave in an individual manner.

whatthebleepady

• Porrean (+50)
  • I'm red
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2008, 06:08:59 am »
Time and Space are interchangeable concepts and, as such, calculating everything would only produce slightly more accurate math with many redundancies.

There is actually a much better aswer to this problem: space can be a variable, time can be a variable, and space-time can be a variable. It's like saying using C in an equation where C is derrived from A+B=C is wrong and you shrould use A and B. Albeit you don't add time and space together, but you know what I mean.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 29, 2008, 03:41:54 am »
You know, time travel is theretically possible. Yeah, the speed of light mumbo jumbo, but basically, if you're in control of a wormhole, you can enable time travel by, say for the future, accelerate the exiting end of the wormhole, or for past, accelerate the entry of the wormhole. Though, scientists say because of a certain attribute matter has, I forget what it was, it would only leave the wormhole stable for a split second before collapsing in on itself.

Schala Zeal

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
  • 7th Elemental Innate, and vtuber
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 29, 2008, 03:43:52 am »
I recall that scientists say it's because I think this quality of matter amplifies while travelling in the wormhole, thus imbalancing it.

VincentGAU8

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 29, 2008, 06:35:36 am »
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spacetime

I have only browsed whole article, though, and i do not understand all the concepts..
But it seemed to suggest that space and time are inseparable..

I recall that scientists say it's because I think this quality of matter amplifies while travelling in the wormhole, thus imbalancing it.

hehe.. I believe that its antimatter you're looking for..
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 01:29:05 am by VincentGAU8 »