Author Topic: Best Chrono Trigger Sequel  (Read 2158 times)

XcyrusX

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • myspace.com/nathan98023
Best Chrono Trigger Sequel
« on: November 24, 2006, 05:39:55 am »
Hello all i am still new to the forums and wanted to ask, what is the most popular/decent chrono trigger remake and or sequel? i know of that 3-d chrono trigger remake then square made them close >_< but are there any other good ones that have survived Squares Wraith....Thx In advance ^_^.

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
Re: Best Chrono Trigger Sequel
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2006, 05:45:07 am »
Hello all i am still new to the forums and wanted to ask, what is the most popular/decent chrono trigger remake and or sequel? i know of that 3-d chrono trigger remake then square made them close >_< but are there any other good ones that have survived Squares Wraith....Thx In advance ^_^.

Crimson Echoes Demo 2 is pretty good, I highly recommend it. However, it is a demo, so some areas are under development team. I would rate that mod a 10/10.

Daniel Krispin

« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2006, 06:23:02 am »
Most lauded right now are, as said, Crimson Echoes, and another one, Crono Crisis. CE is a Temporal Flux game, meaning it looks just like CT, only changed. It is the primary project here on the Compendium, and since ZeaLitY is working on it, it has to be good. CC, well, I haven't seen THAT much for it - it's out there, but I just haven't looked - but what I've seen is bloody incredible. Concept art? Professional quality. Graphics? Amazing. It's done using RPGmakerXP, I think, and it seems like they stretched that program's capabilities to the max. The only thing I might be concerned about is the story - story-writing being my own area of interest, thus greatest critique. But I've not really seen what it's about, so there's nothing bad I can say about it, and I'll assume by default it's good. So those are the primary two game sequel projects.

justin3009

• Fan Project Leader
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2006, 11:25:41 am »
Chrono Crisis is the best rmxp sequel
Crimson Echoes is the best TF sequel
Time's Illusion (If we release demo) is probably going to be the biggest graphics hack in ct.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2006, 02:35:10 pm by justin3009 »

klois

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2006, 02:09:15 pm »
Chrono Cross for PS1 or did you forget that? It is a sequel. However, many people don't like it as much as Chrono Trigger, and also, there is Radical Dreamers, another sequel (kind of). I figure you've already heard of them, but I would bring them up, just in case.

Azure

• Chrono Trigger + Crew
  • Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2006, 03:07:32 pm »
How do I run Crono Crisis??

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2006, 03:13:06 pm »

If you mean that old demo, I'm not sure. I don't think they've released a new demo, and the old one is outdated by two years.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2006, 03:13:54 pm »
There's a 'run-time package' that you need, which allows you to play the old demo without RPG Maker 2003.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2006, 03:54:41 pm »

If you mean that old demo, I'm not sure. I don't think they've released a new demo, and the old one is outdated by two years.

Chains said they will not release anymore demos. Which sucks. I would like to try out some of those ideas he has for it.

XcyrusX

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • myspace.com/nathan98023
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2006, 02:18:58 am »
Hey thx for the reply's all i just remebered how much i love chrono trigger lol!
ima check out most of these titles u all mentioned!  ^_^

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2006, 06:19:40 pm »
Chrono Cross for PS1 or did you forget that? It is a sequel. However, many people don't like it as much as Chrono Trigger, and also, there is Radical Dreamers, another sequel (kind of).

Heh. Yeah. I played CC for 5 minutes and as soon as I got into a battle I shut it off and refused to play it for two days. Good storyline, but WHY did they change the battle style!?

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2006, 06:38:32 pm »
Chrono Cross for PS1 or did you forget that? It is a sequel. However, many people don't like it as much as Chrono Trigger, and also, there is Radical Dreamers, another sequel (kind of).

Heh. Yeah. I played CC for 5 minutes and as soon as I got into a battle I shut it off and refused to play it for two days. Good storyline, but WHY did they change the battle style!?

Perhaps because this is a NEW game and not a remake...