Author Topic: From Gamefaqs: Dimensional Unification  (Read 1387 times)

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
From Gamefaqs: Dimensional Unification
« on: February 04, 2004, 02:14:22 am »
Sorry to revive this, but I think that after CC, the dimensions rewound and then the events of RD happened in that timeline.

YbrikMetaknight

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • I strike fast and disappear for years at a time.
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Compendium
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2004, 03:08:56 am »
Quote from: GreenGannon
Sorry to revive this, but I think that after CC, the dimensions rewound and then the events of RD happened in that timeline.

???

AsukaFan

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2004, 02:02:17 am »
Would Porre have invaded and Guardia have fallen in this ideal dimension?

EDIT:  Actually, let me reword that to get to the more important question.  In the ideal timeline, would any of the Chrono Trigger characters be dead?

Swordmaster

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2004, 10:59:22 pm »
It's possible that the solution to this problem came from the powers of the Chrono Cross element.
The ghost at the fake library in Terra tower say all the powers that the 7th element have.
One of the power is the healing one.In RPG generally healing power include regeneration and ressurection. So when Serge used it peoples that are dead in one of the dimensions could ressurect an be one again.
Other power of the Chrono Cross is the Memory Transfer.

Epsilon

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2004, 11:34:50 pm »
Quote from: AsukaFan
Would Porre have invaded and Guardia have fallen in this ideal dimension?

EDIT:  Actually, let me reword that to get to the more important question.  In the ideal timeline, would any of the Chrono Trigger characters be dead?

I dont know about the second question, but Guardia fell in 1,005 AD, and the dimensions hadnt split yet then... So the Ideal Timeline was likely ruled by Porre.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2006, 05:06:42 pm »
Questions raised:

1. What is the nature of the Ideal Timeline?

~

1. Ideal Timeline

Inquiry

The ending of Chrono Cross suggests that the dimensions were unified and the rift closed. Time, which has been divided, will be unified again now. Schala says time is unified but she doesn't say when it must be unified. This creates somewhat of a problem since Home and Another Worlds both had distinct histories that could not be simply merged due to differences; for instance, the Dragoons were alive in Another, and dead in Home. Which timeline is used in the Ideal Timeline, the world after the Chrono Cross unifies the dimensions?

Please note that the question of whether Chronopolis would still exist in the Sea of Eden is addressed at Salt for the Dead Sea.

Theories

Timeline Rewind

Bubblebobby2000

The dimensions weren't unified, but rather Schala never interfered with time in 1006 A.D., preempting the events that shaped Chrono Cross's history. Time then proceeded normally from 1006 A.D. on, resulting it a new timeline whose details are unknown (apart from the fact that Serge lived, and he and Leena still are friends). The new timeline would proceed like this:

1006AD

Serge bitten by panther demon. Wazuki, Miguel then brings Serge to Marbule and there Serge was healed by the witch doctor.

1010AD

Serge never drowns (since Lynx was never there). And the world never divides.

1020AD

Serge continues with his life, except he finds that one day he falls unconscious at the beach. And then he wakes to find that he has in his mind a set of memories from some other Serge in some other world. This other Serge is the Serge who once lived in Home World and defeated the Time Devourer. Note that under the Time Bastard theory, the Serge indigenous to the Ideal Timeline would be replaced by the one coming in from Home World / the Darkness Beyond Time. Everyone would have their memories erased following the unification, consistent with what Schala had predicted. The exception is Serge of course.

The worst problem with this idea is that Kid would have never been created as part of Project Kid. Even this stipulation is debatable; perhaps Kid might have still come in to the world. At any rate, these points are so far removed from the original idea that they are almost moot, as Chrono Cross leaves much to be desired in terms of explaining its resolution. While ideas like Time Traveler's Immunity and Time Bastard can be applied to these possibilities, it's tenuous to do so because so little is known.

Happy Ending

SubwoofersIcecream

Somehow, the Chrono Cross was able to rewrite history taking the most optimal elements from each dimension and combining them. In this scenario, the Acacia Dragoons would live, but so would the Hydra; Marbule would be restored, but Fargo would remain an independent, self-made pirate without regrets. This theory is troublesome, as who is to determine what is good or bad in each dimension? The Chrono Cross would have to have a complete awareness of history and human emotion from 1010 A.D. onward in El Nido. FATE could provide something like that, but FATE was destroyed by Serge prior to the resolution of the game. Additionally, the Records of FATE weren't working in Home World anyway.

Serge Default

Fyrekun

Since Serge is depicted as being alive at the end of the game, Home World's history could have been used as default. Serge only lived in that dimension, as he was absent from Another starting with the time of the dimensional split.

Mystik3eb

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
    • http://www.geocities.com/dfscanl/index.html
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2006, 11:48:46 am »
Since the Chrono Cross is an element of the planet, seemingly some hyper-super-ultra-super-extra double-edition element that has more power in some way than other element types, maybe it senses all life on the planet the same way the planet does. Maybe it's the element the planet uses to look life on it.

So maybe it CAN see the ultimate happy ending?

Or maybe Schala works some magic and helps combine them happily. Big-ass maybe.

And...as I can recall, Kid wasn't made by Project Kid, she was made by Schala. Not just made by Schala...part of Schala. The good/sane half of her while she was joined with the TD. So this would indeed suggest Kid never existed. Instead, Schala would be released from her prison and, instead of returning to her original time, go back to 1020 and look for Serge.

Also, she said Serge would eventually forget all the adventures he had gone on, meaning that while yes, the Home Dimension-experienced Serge would replace the new timeline-merged Serge, he would eventually forget those weird, momentary thoughts that probably resulted from too much heavy drinking the night before, which explains the passing out on the beach.

=)

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2006, 04:04:47 pm »
Quote from: Mystik3eb
Since the Chrono Cross is an element of the planet, seemingly some hyper-super-ultra-super-extra double-edition element that has more power in some way than other element types, maybe it senses all life on the planet the same way the planet does. Maybe it's the element the planet uses to look life on it.

So maybe it CAN see the ultimate happy ending?

Or maybe Schala works some magic and helps combine them happily. Big-ass maybe.

And...as I can recall, Kid wasn't made by Project Kid, she was made by Schala. Not just made by Schala...part of Schala. The good/sane half of her while she was joined with the TD. So this would indeed suggest Kid never existed. Instead, Schala would be released from her prison and, instead of returning to her original time, go back to 1020 and look for Serge.

Also, she said Serge would eventually forget all the adventures he had gone on, meaning that while yes, the Home Dimension-experienced Serge would replace the new timeline-merged Serge, he would eventually forget those weird, momentary thoughts that probably resulted from too much heavy drinking the night before, which explains the passing out on the beach.

=)

It's not known when she decided to look for him, or who actually. Sometimes I get the impression that she's writing about looking for Janus, and has already married Serge with the wedding photo. At any rate, she's in Japan at one point looking for whoever. So I'd doubt it'd be in 1020.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2006, 05:13:37 pm »
I agree with Bubblebobby2000 100%. I've been using that theory since I got here and I didn't know he used it. You all can testify. I used that theory first :D