Author Topic: ZeaLitY Q&A  (Read 7869 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: ZeaLitY Q&A
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2006, 01:38:18 pm »
I've just told that story so many times elsewhere on the site that I made it brief.

YbrikMetaknight

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • I strike fast and disappear for years at a time.
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Compendium
« Reply #31 on: December 08, 2006, 05:25:34 pm »

3. What compelled you to create the Chrono Compendium?

I made a Chronology for Chrono Trigger, and added some mysteries to the end. Ramsus made a site, and we hosted the mysteries on them and cultivated basic discussion. And then things escalated until finally I declared that the Compendium would fulfill all the functions of a fan site.

Hey, what about mentioning that OCR thread and some of the other contributors (even if we aren't around much these days)?  :mrgreen:

You're alive? Good to see proof.

Yeah, just barely. My 2006 kinda sucked, but it's ending well so I'm hopeful for next year with a new job in a new town. You might be seeing more of me around here (though don't count on it TOO much...I do have a habit of disappearing).

ChronoBroken

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 30, 2006, 06:22:08 pm »

My favorite Uematsu song is One Winged Angel. My favorite Mitsuda is The Dream That Time Dreams.

Which song is that? I couldn't find it in either the Chrono Trigger SPC
or Chrono Chross PSF soundtracks. Is it something from Xenogears/saga?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 30, 2006, 06:23:23 pm »
Check http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Music_(Chrono_Cross).html . Thanks to some horrible translator, the names most people know the songs of Chrono Cross by are horribly wrong. The Dream that Time Dreams has been translated as "Time of the Dreamwatch" and "The Dream that Dreams Dream", which wasn't so bad...but anyway, the Compendium uses the best translation possible.

D r e a m

« Reply #34 on: December 31, 2006, 03:58:45 pm »
* What web host is used to occupy the Chrono Compendium website, and do you see any changes in the near future concerning the website's format?

* How many staff members are currently working on Crimson Echoe's, and should we see a premiere date in the upcoming year of 2007?

* Is it confirmed that a Fan Project Journal will be release to better help prevent the load times when visiting the Compendium, and do you think this is the solution to the problem ?

* You say you don't care about administrative abuse, if one was to get banned without explanation or warning, would you actually care?

* And if Square Enix came to a conclusion not to release (a)nother Chrono game, would you later retire your current position and discontinue the development of the Compendium?

- D r e a m

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 31, 2006, 05:11:08 pm »
* What web host is used to occupy the Chrono Compendium website, and do you see any changes in the near future concerning the website's format?

No; it's all Ramsus's decision. Moving content often takes longer than creating it, so I hope that the server will right itself or the speeds will overtake any lag caused by MediaWiki right now.

* How many staff members are currently working on Crimson Echoe's, and should we see a premiere date in the upcoming year of 2007?

There are 30 members.

14 are inactive.

4 are rom hacking innovators.

3 are expert consultants.

2 are mappers.

2 are plot watchers, and are mostly retired at this point.

2 are dedicated beta testers.

2 are jacks-of-all-trades.

1 is an event coder.

Even so, we don't accomplish that much...

* Is it confirmed that a Fan Project Journal will be release to better help prevent the load times when visiting the Compendium, and do you think this is the solution to the problem ?

I have little to no technical skill, so it's up to Ramsus.

* You say you don't care about administrative abuse, if one was to get banned without explanation or warning, would you actually care?

Can you quote me on that? My policy from the get-go has been to not be an abusive admin. There is a special circle of burning hell for jerks in charge of organizations who unfairly kick or ban others. The only permanent ban standing right now on the Compendium was issued after two months of proven abuse. If anything, the Compendium is very lenient when it comes to finally issuing a block.

* And if Square Enix came to a conclusion not to release (a)nother Chrono game, would you later retire your current position and discontinue the development of the Compendium?

That'd be only the beginning for the Chrono Compendium. I believe strongly in the existence of sites like this; they are essential cradles of fan interaction and growth. Without the Chrono Compendium, the 500 remixes of Chrono music would still be spread across the web, and many of them would be permanently lost. A perfect backup of all the Japanese doujins would not exist. Certain fan projects would not have a spotlight, and there would be no unified rom hacking board or encyclopedia page aside from listings of utilities and hacks on romhacking.net and possibly Geiger's Crypt. Forums would still be debating whether Guile is Magus, and enlightened discussion on the merits of Chrono Cross would have never been presented in our features. Lastly, and most importantly, an organized forum of Chrono fans who maintain the community only out of a love for the games would not exist. The Chrono Compendium is the beating pulse of the Chrono fan community. We may not be huge, but our purpose as a perfect archive of data and information and as a meeting place to share and indulge in the series has produced something beautiful. If Chrono Break debuts, we will relentlessly cover it and rework all our analysis. It will be a new age for Chrono fans.

D r e a m

« Reply #36 on: December 31, 2006, 05:58:26 pm »
Thank you for answering my previous questions. About question four (4), regarding whether you care or don't care about administrative abuse. I was simply quoting what you stated in the 2006 Is Almost Over. Have You Really Lived (Page 1) thread located under General Discussion, though you seemed quite upset with grey_the_angel at the time. I'm aware you have no intentions being a abusive admin, I just felt I had to clarify such statements when being said. With that being said, I'm looking foward to asking more questions in the near future.

- D r e a m

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2007, 01:58:43 am »
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Stories/40.html

(adulation) oh! (extol) ah! (praise)

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2007, 04:14:35 am »
The pictures in that article should have captions.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 05, 2007, 10:11:09 am »
My turn:

Wow, that's just, um...

Wow.

My faith in humanity's just decreased another 230%.
Yeah, as if furries and fetishists haven't already ruined it for everyone...

What definition for fetishists do you mean here? It's a wide word, y'know.
An official definition of furry doesn't even exist, so I would like to know your definition here, too.

Now, I want to understand you. I mean, to lose faith in humanitiy is nothing exclusiv, but why did you choose those two Fs as exampley? Are they extremes or did they just kind of pop up in your mind while reading the post above?? You seem to see them only negative(that's why I asked for a definition of yours), kinda like the media presents these Fs, but what in/on/at (or whatever the word I need is) a Furry makes you lose faith in the whole damn humanity? I mean, you don't really judge Humanity by furries, and neither do you judge furries by the few(of course negative) examples you know/witnessed or whatever, do you?

Thinking about it, if both of your definitions is based on the sexual stuff both Fs might do...Did you lost faith in humanity because people like having sex in a different kind of way? Nah, can't be.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2007, 12:36:03 am »
I don't think you meant to post that in this topic.

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 06, 2007, 01:25:19 am »
Would there ever be a chance that Project ZEAL would be revived?

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 06, 2007, 11:38:46 am »
I don't think you meant to post that in this topic.

Well...

[...]If you have a question about the site, where it is headed, me, or something else, bring it forward and play the role of interviewer.[...]

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2007, 01:14:21 am »
How old are you?

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2007, 08:15:11 am »
How old are you?
Well I was shooting for questions about what the site's doing right now and current projects and things...

That's the answer he gave me when I asked him about his age.