Author Topic: ZeaLitY Q&A  (Read 7872 times)

Luminaire85

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Cinema
Re: ZeaLitY Q&A
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2006, 10:33:24 pm »
I'll add a few:

Q: How did you hear about the Chrono series? When did you first know it was something special?

Q: How much time do you spend maintaining this website? What sorts of things do you do?

Q: Do you have any advice for fan project leaders and teams?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2006, 02:09:27 am »
I made the feature, but I haven't uploaded it because I went into a huge rant for the fan project advice on how you must unleash your self-will upon the world, meet your projects with a pure desire to achieve, and all that...

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2006, 12:16:15 pm »
Well I was shooting for questions about what the site's doing right now and current projects and things...

I know, but I also know that other people were gonna ask these,so I just asked one question I ask everyone I meet.

K_K_FFXII

• Porrean (+50)
  • Darkness Bestows All...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2006, 02:02:49 pm »
If you could change 1 thng about any of the Chrono series....what would it be?? (including graphics, game sequences, etc.

dan_death

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 16, 2006, 02:06:47 am »
If you had the technology, would you make a Virtual Reality Chrono Trigger and/or Cross?

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 16, 2006, 02:10:06 am »
How does it feel to be not only the number one, but the only Chrono Series Wiki on the net?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2006, 04:06:17 pm »
I was going to make it a feature, but decided not to, since it has little timely value to the community.

~

ZeaLitY: Things are quiet across the board while we patiently await a VGM concert set for December. Mitsuda will be there, and we can't wait to see and hear the results of this performance. But what else is going on with the Chrono Compendium? We're a few months away from some very important projects that will effectively finish a couple goals we've had in mind since the site's inception. But since things are quiet, I've opened up a question and answer session. I will amend this with a new batch of questions if you have something to ask about the site's current direction.

Future Questions

1. Can we expect Crimson Echoes to be released anytime soon? What's the deal with this project?

Okay, you know that we released the second demo in May. We also are electing not to show screenshots or reveal specific progress reports. Nonetheless, I can still discuss the general nature of the project. As you know, Crimson Echoes has an abysmal development history marred by inexperience and rash decisions. This legacy recently bit us in heel again. Due to some antiquated corruption issues from 2005 and a long-since fixed import bug with Temporal Flux 2.0, the actual ROM has been in bad health. I won't go into specifics, but we're focused on building the most stable construct possible. We've integrated some policy changes to help us speed along, and once the next version of Temporal Flux debuts, we'll be back on a steady pace of development. I am now totally committed to the project, and with the diversity of talent we have, things will be a breeze by that point. Crimson Echoes will preferably be finished by the first half of 2007. Nonetheless, we're devoted to making it perfect, so we'll take any extra time needed and keep fans updated.

The only thing that could totally derail the project at this point is the announcement of a new Chrono game. That would invariably shift my and several teammates' responsibilities away from the project as well as shift away the attention of fans. But with our new planning, Crimson Echoes will never be abandoned. And hell, a new Chrono game would be wonderful.

2. Will the site's theme be changing again, e.g. colour, image?

Not while Ramsus is away. If it does, I'm open to blue, purple, white, that sort of professional Chronopolis feel. Notwithstanding, I'm completely in love with the current site scheme. I wish the banner could be a little nicer, though. I had to replace the Jet Bike one because I'm sick of the implied Chrono Trigger worship it brings. It's high time some Chrono Cross characters were featured on our front page.

3. What else is cooking with the site? Maybe when Ramsus gets back?

Ramsus had a few ideas that he did not have time to implement. Perhaps he'll get to them when he returns. They include voting for fan art and fan fiction, a new submission system for fan works, and a full package for fan project users that would include a project Wiki. Ramsus created two working small Wikis to demonstrate; one is the Temporal Flux Wiki, and the other is the Crimson Echoes Wiki (which will be made available to the public with the forums when the project is completed). If I reverse engineered his methods, I could probably create more at this point, but we're really waiting on some sort of admin panel to control this. I can't imagine the possibilities. Each fan project leader would have a subsection of the Chrono Compendium to present materials on or organize a project, and since the Wiki system uses forum authorization, it can be made public or private -- viewable only by those in a fan project's development group. I hope to see it realized one day.

4. Is the retranslation going to be implemented into the game?

Good question. Fans seem to want it, but I suppose it will all come down to time and future developments. We'll have to check back in on this question once the script nears completion.

5. What ever became of the person who had volunteered to translate some of the Japanese material?

He says he'll have something out by Christmas...

Where do you see the Compendium in 2 years? In 5 years? In 10?

There comes a point at which you've done all you can. If the Chrono series dies, we'll have a system of presenting fan work and continuing support for fans. If the Chrono series lives, then things are going to get intense. I'm already anxious about whether Chrono Trigger will appear on the Nintendo Wii's Virtual Console. That alone could boost the site's popularity tremendously.

<h3>Other Questions</h3>

1. How did you hear about the Chrono series? When did you first know it was something special?

Ramsus gave me a list of RPGs to play in 2002. When I made it to Zeal, I finally realized that I was playing something amazing, and that Zeal was a living dream. There is such beautiful power in the series. It's not a series of weak will or presentation; rather, emotions are amplified, locations are detailed, stories are complex, and experiences are enthralling. The Chrono world is richly immersive.

2. How much time do you spend maintaining this website? What sorts of things do you do?

I don't spend that much time on it. From 2003 on, I wasted time and wasn't the best steward. Then in January 2006, I threw down the gauntlet, completed the encyclopedia, and effectively finished the static site. My time these days, when devoted to Chrono series stuff, is geared towards creating Crimson Echoes or preparing the retranslated script. The only other time hogs are creating features such as this and dealing with the music sections (rarely have to, though). If Chrono Break is a reality, things will be back in full gear for me. I've learned well enough that one should swiftly and voraciously create and satisfy curiosities. There will be no waiting period for the addition of content from a new Chrono game.

3. What compelled you to create the Chrono Compendium?

I made a Chronology for Chrono Trigger, and added some mysteries to the end. Ramsus made a site, and we hosted the mysteries on them and cultivated basic discussion. And then things escalated until finally I declared that the Compendium would fulfill all the functions of a fan site.

4. Do you have any advice for fan project leaders and teams?

For your fan project:

*Make sure it is completely feasible and perhaps able to be completed in under a year
*Have the qualifications for every single part of the fan project's development
*Put your heart and soul into it to make a quality project
*Ensure that it is something you can and will complete even by yourself if you're that determined

Until we have a huge community where help flows freely, things are just going to be tight. Crimson Echoes is even strapped for talent in certain areas half the time. You have to have the power and drive to see your project through. Chrono Crisis is staffed by three people with that power, and so was Chrono Trigger: Resurrection. Those projects are and were staffed by visionaries who have the passion and free time to create. If you really want to succeed, then believe in yourself and work hard. There are lines you shouldn't cross -- you shouldn't let this interfere with important stuff like family, homework, etc. just like any other hobby. But don't doubt it when I say that putting the passion of youth behind a personal project and meeting it head on with godly desire to achieve is the key to success. The Chrono Compendium would be an uncompleted mess if I hadn't finally believed in my own ability to work hard and envisioned a completed site. You have to blow your own horn and kick your own ass. If your aims are noble, your work rigorous, and your spirit vigorous, help will come. There is power and magic in decisively beginning an endeavor with the full intent to finish, not letting any measure of fatigue, discouragement, or problem stop you. This is sound advice for life. Do not let your desire be diluted and infringed upon by circumstances. Create circumstances. Unleash your will upon the world and sculpt your environment as you see fit.

6. If you had access to a time machine and could only travel to 3 different time periods what would they be?

For the Chrono world, I'd hit prehistory, Zeal, and 1999 A.D. Prehistory is important because Ayla's mode of living life is so damn sexy. Zeal is naturally a dream, and I'd enjoy partying like it's 1999. For the real world, I guess I'd like to see Rome at its height, Constantinople at its height, and the Wild West before barbed wire ended the frontier.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2006, 10:11:05 pm »
When is a Chrono Compendium Wikipedia article coming?

Corey Taylor

• Guardian (+100)
  • # 8 Corey Taylor SlipKnoT
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2006, 03:56:01 pm »
Why did you give Lord J authority over us all, and Exodus now?

In all seriousness, when was your first encounter with Chrono Trigger?

- do you enjoy listening to the soundtrack?
- what's your favorite Eumatsu/Mistsuda song?
- are you a fan of Kingdom Hearts?
- am I bothering you with these unimportant questions?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2006, 06:04:25 pm »
The Wikipedia article will come when the site manages to pass notability tests (probably after Crimson Echoes debuts and gets hit by a few gaming sites, possibly) and once I can pass off someone else as owning the site.

Ramsus gave Lord J the authority. I have a strong aversion to bloated organization overhead, but there is nothing negative to his adminship history and potential. Exodus visits frequently so he's sort of filling in for GrayLensman.

I first played it in 2002.

My favorite Uematsu song is One Winged Angel. My favorite Mitsuda is The Dream That Time Dreams.

Never played it; I'm a fan of something that keeps Sephiroth living and breathing, though.

Questions are interesting.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 05, 2006, 04:42:04 pm »
I wish the banner could be a little nicer, though. I had to replace the Jet Bike one because I'm sick of the implied Chrono Trigger worship it brings. It's high time some Chrono Cross characters were featured on our front page.

Can I propose this banner that I just finished?

[attachment deleted by admin]

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 05, 2006, 08:19:12 pm »
I wish the banner could be a little nicer, though. I had to replace the Jet Bike one because I'm sick of the implied Chrono Trigger worship it brings. It's high time some Chrono Cross characters were featured on our front page.

I don't like the whole thing with the images.
It makes is slightly unprofessional looking.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2006, 02:39:51 am by grey_the_angel »

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 05, 2006, 09:55:11 pm »

That's not bad! But it might be too unpolished to mix well with the front-page look Ramsus has got going. Unpolished, like a matte style...not in terms of skill. The skill is fine.

EDIT: I have changed my mind. I like yours better than the comparable graphic we use currently. Have you looked at that monstrosity lately?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2006, 11:28:10 pm by Lord J esq »

YbrikMetaknight

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • I strike fast and disappear for years at a time.
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Compendium
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2006, 06:00:12 am »

I made a Chronology for Chrono Trigger, and added some mysteries to the end. Ramsus made a site, and we hosted the mysteries on them and cultivated basic discussion. And then things escalated until finally I declared that the Compendium would fulfill all the functions of a fan site.

Hey, what about mentioning that OCR thread and some of the other contributors (even if we aren't around much these days)?  :mrgreen:

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2006, 01:02:50 pm »

Hey, what about mentioning that OCR thread and some of the other contributors (even if we aren't around much these days)?  :mrgreen:

You're alive? Good to see proof.