Author Topic: Interpretation for Chrono Cross's ending  (Read 1765 times)

sergecross73

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Interpretation for Chrono Cross's ending
« on: June 21, 2004, 09:01:10 pm »
I just beat Chrono Cross for the 5th time, and i'm still working on just how I want to interpret the ending.  I'd just like anyone who has beat CC and gotten the good ending to say how they interpreted the ending.  Yes, I realize that there are probably many other topics like this already made and discussed, maybe even ones started by me, but it seems like there are some new people here since all that server stuff was fixed, so i'd like to hear their opinions too.

So how did everyone understand the ending?  One thing i've particularly been thinking about is in the ending, there are images of a girl in the city who resembles kid, FMV of kid sailing in the sailboat, and kid in a pink, girly get-up.  There are soooo many ways to interpret this and the rest of the ending, I just wanna see what everyone else is thinking.

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 09:16:47 pm »
I dunno about the Kid in the sailboat or the Kid in the dress, but I think the Kid (or Schala rather) in the modern time is actually in 1999 on the day of Lavos.  And everything is okay :) But then again, I'm not really sure.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 04:40:35 pm »
Whew, it's been a while, I was busy with some real life stuff.

Anyway, as for CC's ending, I think Schala/Kid is actually searching our world for the player, who would be Serge's reincarnation, or something. You can read that in this topic.