Author Topic: Miguel and Fate  (Read 2294 times)

Magus_Brokenhart

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Miguel and Fate
« on: November 02, 2006, 02:48:25 am »
Somewhere in this forum, I saw someone say that Miguel might have been Crono. My question is...Can FATE be held responsible for Miguel's death?

In the real world influences section (http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Real_World_Influences.html)
under Myth and Legends, Chrono'99 mentions that FATE could be a representation of Zeus, who killed Cronus. So if Fate was the one who killed Miguel, I think it would lend a little more credibility to the Miguel/Crono theory. I've made two highly unlikely theories before, so i'd like to hear what people think of this one.

Daniel Krispin

Re: Miguel and Fate
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2006, 04:32:16 am »
Somewhere in this forum, I saw someone say that Miguel might have been Crono. My question is...Can FATE be held responsible for Miguel's death?

In the real world influences section (http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Real_World_Influences.html)
under Myth and Legends, Chrono'99 mentions that FATE could be a representation of Zeus, who killed Cronus. So if Fate was the one who killed Miguel, I think it would lend a little more credibility to the Miguel/Crono theory. I've made two highly unlikely theories before, so i'd like to hear what people think of this one.

A Zeus/FATE connection is really forced. They bear almost no resemblance, in character or in action. Zeus is a tyrant, a young god who stormed the halls of heaven and usurped the throne, and demanded everyone do what he wants. Where in this is any action like FATE? Nor did either Zeus kill Kronos*, or FATE Miguel (that was Serge), so it's a moot point anyway. Nah, I neither think FATE is the killer of Miguel, nor that Miguel is Crono. After all, it would be rather silly to have this shadow of the hero standing there saying 'we no longer exist in this timeline' while he's still standing there alive, disguised. Rather unlikely, eh?

*He sent him down to hell for a while, but later made him lord over the Isles of the Blessed.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 04:35:32 am by Daniel Krispin »

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2006, 12:22:59 pm »
You are misinterpreting the theory Daniel. I didn't say that FATE was a representation of Zeus, nor that anyone from the Chrono series was a representation of anyone from mythology. I just noted a number of similarities in the events and actions of the characters. Aside from those notable similarities, it is evident that there is a much larger number of unnotable differences.

Robo's actions for instance are indeniably reminiscent of Prometheus's actions: he's a protector of the humans while not being a human himself, and he symbolically "steals" the (Frozen) Flame away from the ruling god (FATE). And of course, there's his name, Prometheus. However, this doesn't mean that everything else concerning Robo has to match the myths about Prometheus: the Chrono series is not an allegory of Greek mythology, though it might be partially inspired by a few myths and concepts.

Starting with Robo, I noticed some patterns and imagined this theory. Robo's similarities with Prometheus were, in my opinion, certainly made on purpose by Kato (at least in CC). The rest of the similarities listed are more uncertain (FATE for instance: aside from her relation with Prometheus and her status of ruling god, it is true that she has little to do with Zeus). Some of these parallels might be total coincidences, some might be reflections of more global archetypes and universal patterns rather than precisely the Greek mythology... but at least noting these similarities was a small, fun exercise to do.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 12:27:23 pm by Chrono'99 »

Dark Serge

• Time Traveler (+800)
  • Now, let love bleed...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 06:33:36 pm »
Too bad, but it was Serge who killed Miguel. Miguel died moments before the Dead Sea was destroyed by FATE. He would have been eradicated anyway, but he died of his wounds from the fight with Serge.

Cyrus Knight

• Creative Emeritus
  • Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
    • http://crnp.proboards59.com
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2007, 03:25:17 pm »
This has nothing to relate to this topic but how did Schala hear Serge crying?