Author Topic: Question about the fall of guardia.  (Read 7754 times)

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
Re: Question about the fall of guardia.
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2006, 06:14:32 pm »
If the Dragon Quest series was innovative, they would atleast have come up with a new name. God =.= Atleast Breath of Fire had some innovation, and consistent plot throughout all of the stories. Same thing lacks with FF. But atleast the Secret of Mana series actually did something right for once.

And yeah yeah, i know that Dragon Quest is soo popular in Japan and that when another one gets released, the economy almost stops because people rush to get it, i know. The point is that they're leeching off the brand. It doesn't matter if it is awesome or it sucks, the brand protects it =.= Thats why FF10 didn't get too much backlash.

Holy crap. You're arguing about the NAME of all things? Final Fantasy isn't a very original name either, but people recognize it. Name Recognition is a key part to a franchise's sucess. You don't have any legitimate reason for saying Dragon Quest is bad or uninnovative. Just that people in Japan like it a lot, which implies the exact opposite. Japan is just as critical of bad games as America is.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2006, 02:49:25 pm »
Agreed.

I always thought too that the mysterious man who gave Kid the hydra humour was Magus . . .

That would've been also if Kato made that part true instead of it being Norris.
actually, the person with the humor is Norris.

^ ??? ^

Anywho . . . who cares if they're bad or uninnovative? Does it matter in the end if the franshise equals that of an entire console or game company?

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2006, 08:05:52 pm »
Agreed.

I always thought too that the mysterious man who gave Kid the hydra humour was Magus . . .

^ ??? ^

Anywho . . . who cares if they're bad or uninnovative? Does it matter in the end if the franshise equals that of an entire console or game company?

The point is that they gave up on CT, went off track with Secret of Mana, make the FF's worse and are to japanesy lol. When will the western world learn to not depend on Japan for video games x.x

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2006, 10:49:05 pm »
They gave up on CT because it wasn't successful enough, They went off track with Secret of Mana because they never intended a sequel, and FF is "Japanesey" Because it's JAPANESE, you racist ass. >.>

If the West doesn't like it, they should make their own damn games. They're fully capable of doing it.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2006, 10:56:06 pm »
The only ostensible "Japanese" part of RPGs I don't like are character heights and ages. The hero is usually a total kid, and the entire cast are short. Besides some other giveaways, this is usually the only part that reminds me of Japan that I don't like. That's why I identify well with Grobyc and General Viper. They're righteously tall.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2006, 12:49:04 am »
Agreed.

^ ??? ^

the person who supposed saves Kidd is norris.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2006, 08:55:08 am »
The only ostensible "Japanese" part of RPGs I don't like are character heights and ages. The hero is usually a total kid, and the entire cast are short.

Yeah, why do Japanese like their hero's age to be preteens & teens? Is it because most players are teens or something?

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2006, 06:20:19 pm »
Several reasons. Teenagers are typically more openminded, emotional, thickheaded, courageous, attractive, etc. Everything you'd want in the typical Anime Hero.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2006, 08:03:30 pm »
But they never get the body proportions right... Ever... =.=

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2006, 03:47:00 pm »
Agreed.

^ ??? ^

the person who supposed saves Kidd is norris.

Perhaps I should have not used those question marks and point out that I already knew it was Norris as stated by my very first post...

I'll never have problems with the body proportions unless they make the coolest and cutest girl with no physical features whatsoever... (AHEM) espcially around the hips and chest. I mean, look at Tifa.. err Yuffie. Yea Yuffie, she's average.. right? :)

Jonathan

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 24, 2007, 08:28:31 am »
Magus couldn't have been the one to take the Masamune.  Let's not forget that he can only use Scythes.  =P

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 24, 2007, 06:47:20 pm »
No, he prefers to use scythes. It's not hard to pick up a sword and use it. Not that I'm saying it is him. It's not. It's just that it's a dumb reason to justify it.

Jonathan

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 25, 2007, 08:30:23 am »
No, he prefers to use scythes. It's not hard to pick up a sword and use it. Not that I'm saying it is him. It's not. It's just that it's a dumb reason to justify it.

Sigh…

I was only jokingly referring to the fact that each character can only equip one type of weapon…  Of course realistically anyone could pick up the sword…
« Last Edit: January 25, 2007, 08:36:07 am by Jonathan »

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2007, 07:34:58 pm »
After reading Satchel Dawg's posts, you can never be too careful. ;)

Magus_Brokenhart

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: May 01, 2007, 11:55:15 pm »
Well...Let's not forget that the Janus she referred to could have been an alternate one who was saved from the portals Lavos created. It is almost as if Magus is a whole new person. The only question would be the motive for Magus to do something like that. He could have gone insane due to the high level shadow magic. All this, of course has almost no basis. >_>'