Author Topic: Question about the fall of guardia.  (Read 7797 times)

Ralkai

• Earthbound (+15)
  • We'll say "Good bye, lost Heaven!"
    • View Profile
Re: Question about the fall of guardia.
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2006, 11:28:07 am »
Magus personality is dificult to descifrate, but one thing is certain: Magus didn't have anything to do with Guardia's fell because Lucca talked about him as a friend in the letter. If Magus was the causing of Guardia's fell surely Lucca would not call him like this.

Yalan

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2006, 02:33:25 pm »
Now I'll try to explain myself. (Forgive me for the lack of vocabulary since English isn't my first language.). I never said Magus was a simple character to analyze, I, too, like him and liked to play as him and would like to hear more about his story. But he's nothing of a hero and a good-guy. What I said, is that if finding what he wants, having what he wants (Schala) would mean destroying Guardia, he would do it without any remorse. You compare him to Achilles, and that,s a good comparison ! Considering Achilles isn't a hero, he doesn't have the sense of honor (just look at what he did to Hector). he just does what has to be done in his opinion. Same with Magus, which makes me tell that he's everything EXCEPT a hero. You mistook me or perhaps I didn't explain myself well enough, I just said that he would destroy Guardia if he had to and he wouldn't mind killing his former partners if needed to`, you all know that, that's MAGUS.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2006, 02:45:04 pm »
I believe that if anything, Magus is a tragic hero.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2006, 02:45:49 pm »
I just said that he would destroy Guardia if he had to and he wouldn't mind killing his former partners if needed to`, you all know that, that's MAGUS.

I doubt it. The only negativity after his alliance at the North Cape is if you have Magus in your party during the Rainbow Shell side quest, at the door to the Guardia court, he loses his temper and is rude to Marle.

Oh and he slams a comment at Crono if you ask Magus to join the party in the End of Time, "you got whacked 'cause your weak".

Overall, Magus and everyone were a team. He was the one who requested to join in the actual canon plot of the story. I find it hard to believe that Magus would "decimate" Guardia because of personal feelings. If anything, he would ask Crono for help, hell even Serge since he was the one who touched the FF and was in direct communication with Schala.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2006, 05:27:53 am »
Now I'll try to explain myself. (Forgive me for the lack of vocabulary since English isn't my first language.). I never said Magus was a simple character to analyze, I, too, like him and liked to play as him and would like to hear more about his story. But he's nothing of a hero and a good-guy. What I said, is that if finding what he wants, having what he wants (Schala) would mean destroying Guardia, he would do it without any remorse. You compare him to Achilles, and that,s a good comparison ! Considering Achilles isn't a hero, he doesn't have the sense of honor (just look at what he did to Hector). he just does what has to be done in his opinion. Same with Magus, which makes me tell that he's everything EXCEPT a hero. You mistook me or perhaps I didn't explain myself well enough, I just said that he would destroy Guardia if he had to and he wouldn't mind killing his former partners if needed to`, you all know that, that's MAGUS.

Magus has no reason or motive to destroy Guardia.  The reason that he wore a mask in RD is because he's keeping a low-profile so that he'll not be recognized by Kid & he has same reason keeping a low-profile in CC.  In short he's trying to avoid attention.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 05:42:53 am by Magus068 »

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2006, 01:54:41 am »
Agreed.

I always thought too that the mysterious man who gave Kid the hydra humour was Magus . . .

That would've been also if Kato made that part true instead of it being Norris.

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2006, 02:05:26 am »
Agreed.

I always thought too that the mysterious man who gave Kid the hydra humour was Magus . . .

That would've been also if Kato made that part true instead of it being Norris.
actually, the person with the humor is Norris.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2006, 05:26:03 am »
Kato blew it =.= I swear, he was drunk or something when he did that interview. Dragon Quest sux. They just keep making more and more of them, like FF. No innovation what so ever.

ChibiBob

« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2006, 03:24:36 pm »
Kato blew it =.= I swear, he was drunk or something when he did that interview. Dragon Quest sux. They just keep making more and more of them, like FF. No innovation what so ever.

Uh...

What kind of reasoning do you have to support that bull?

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2006, 03:30:05 pm »
Aside from Dragon Quest being one of the most innovative RPG series out there, having EARNED it's right to churn out sequel after sequel, how the hell did we get onto the topic of Dragon Quest in the first place?

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2006, 06:29:06 pm »

Uh...

What kind of reasoning do you have to support that bull?
cause it was designed to be old school, for one.

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2006, 08:36:01 pm »
Aside from Dragon Quest being one of the most innovative RPG series out there, having EARNED it's right to churn out sequel after sequel, how the hell did we get onto the topic of Dragon Quest in the first place?

If the Dragon Quest series was innovative, they would atleast have come up with a new name. God =.= Atleast Breath of Fire had some innovation, and consistent plot throughout all of the stories. Same thing lacks with FF. But atleast the Secret of Mana series actually did something right for once.

And yeah yeah, i know that Dragon Quest is soo popular in Japan and that when another one gets released, the economy almost stops because people rush to get it, i know. The point is that they're leeching off the brand. It doesn't matter if it is awesome or it sucks, the brand protects it =.= Thats why FF10 didn't get too much backlash.

grey_the_angel

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2006, 10:19:14 pm »

If the Dragon Quest series was innovative, they would atleast have come up with a new name. God =.= Atleast Breath of Fire had some innovation, and consistent plot throughout all of the stories. Same thing lacks with FF. But atleast the Secret of Mana series actually did something right for once.

And yeah yeah, i know that Dragon Quest is soo popular in Japan and that when another one gets released, the economy almost stops because people rush to get it, i know. The point is that they're leeching off the brand. It doesn't matter if it is awesome or it sucks, the brand protects it =.= Thats why FF10 didn't get too much backlash.
chrono trigger was innovative, I'll give it that. For an rpg, it was really something out there

CC, however, basically took all that CT had, and did plastic smurfgery. (ten points if you get this reference. and no, not the "its the smurfs" reference.)
my friend once said "CC and CT are extremely complex plots, told in the simplest ways."

Zaperking

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2006, 01:49:59 am »

chrono trigger was innovative, I'll give it that. For an rpg, it was really something out there

CC, however, basically took all that CT had, and did plastic smurfgery. (ten points if you get this reference. and no, not the "its the smurfs" reference.)
my friend once said "CC and CT are extremely complex plots, told in the simplest ways."

That is kind of true. Yet the creators couldn't give proper answers to what the f*** was going on in the game that caused certain events in CC. The thing that makes me laugh is how hard they tried to make everything in CC sound so complex even though it wasn't. Then it simply comes down to us gamers to create plotholes because we don't understand something, and then zealous gamers to make up excused for them. Lol.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2006, 05:05:38 am »
[...]The point is that they're leeching off the brand. It doesn't matter if it is awesome or it sucks, the brand protects it =.=[...]

Best example is Gothic 3, cool game, but beta as hell. It doesn't deserve to be bought until there are like 200mb new patches for fixing all the stuff, yet people, knowing this, still buy it...that way nothing will change.