Author Topic: Chrono Break Activism/Petition  (Read 5316 times)

Ramsus

Chrono Break Activism/Petition
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2004, 01:58:05 am »
Quote from: ArgonX

Sorry, didn't think about your feelings before sticking my favorite site in the homepage slot.  I'll try my damn hardest to get the link removed as to eliminate the threat of my idea and this website being said in the same breath.

~AX~

I realize you're just showing that you like the site, but if the site is seen as a sponsor of this and a bunch of idiots end up harassing someone at Square Enix over the phone, then I'd rather not end up getting contacted about it, especially when I'm away at college. It's unlikely, but it's still possible.

Of course, that doesn't mean we can't feature a news story or two about what you're trying to do. If we did, we'd have to have a follow-up story afterwards though, detailing what happens.

ArgonX

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2004, 03:02:54 am »
Quote from: Ramsus
Quote from: ArgonX

Sorry, didn't think about your feelings before sticking my favorite site in the homepage slot.  I'll try my damn hardest to get the link removed as to eliminate the threat of my idea and this website being said in the same breath.

~AX~

I realize you're just showing that you like the site, but if the site is seen as a sponsor of this and a bunch of idiots end up harassing someone at Square Enix over the phone, then I'd rather not end up getting contacted about it, especially when I'm away at college. It's unlikely, but it's still possible.

Of course, that doesn't mean we can't feature a news story or two about what you're trying to do. If we did, we'd have to have a follow-up story afterwards though, detailing what happens.

Eh, sorry about all that.  I had an admin of LiveMarch remove the link for me.  If this does end up getting a larger backing than it seems to be ammasing right now, it'd be great to recieve some publicity.  I can understand that right now, it seems like it'd be a waste of time.  I certainly wouldn't advertise a petition that had 8 signatures on it if I ran a large website.

I did hope I might harbor some support from the folks at the forum here.  I appreciate the few who did see this and signed up, but anyone can sign up really, even if you don't want to call.

~AX~

Ramsus

« Reply #32 on: June 23, 2004, 03:36:40 am »
All it should take to get a news story here is to post the story in Submissions and convince a Chrono Scholar to move it to News and Updates. Likewise, you can also place a request to be amended to the site's Links page in the Submissions forum.

Of course, the system is horribly inadequate for a number of things, which I'll have to figure out and rework at a later time. At least I have the session management/user authentication code done already.

Also, I wouldn't exactly call this a big site. Since Chrono-related news is few and far between, it makes any small development newsworthy.

Green Dream

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2004, 02:51:13 pm »
I would rather see no sequel ever than a bad sequel.  Then again we need to understand what constitutes good.  In my opinion any game that completes its accomplished goal is good.  Chrono Trigger was suposed to be an epic battle across time to defeat a planetary destroyer.  I think we can all agree that it accomplished that goal.  Chrono Cross was supposed to be the messy and confused aftermath of Trigger.  It was just that, although a little confusing.  Then again, maybe I am just a sucker for a happy ending.  A third game in the series would be good, but I wouldn't want Square-enix to make it.  Square-enix just isn't the same as good old Squaresoft.  Plus, didn't all the real designers and composers from Chrono Trigger move into Monolithsoft or somthing like that.  Those are the guys that should be petitioned, not Square-Enix.

The last thing we need is a Chrono sequel with Disney characters and Justin Timberlake doing the voice of Lavos.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
« Reply #34 on: July 03, 2004, 08:08:35 pm »
Quote from: Green Dream
Plus, didn't all the real designers and composers from Chrono Trigger move into Monolithsoft or somthing like that.  Those are the guys that should be petitioned, not Square-Enix.

They did; a notable game made by them is Baten Kaidos, which many complained was a rehash of Chrono Cross.