Author Topic: Chrono Break Activism/Petition  (Read 5309 times)

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
Chrono Break Activism/Petition
« Reply #15 on: June 21, 2004, 07:28:18 pm »
I'd like to see this series go the way of the early Dragon Quest games (that is, all except 7): Having trilogies (or so) of interrelated games before starting over with a new world, but keeping the theme the same. I say this because we should get at least one more game to clear up this storyline, but after that it may get a bit stale.

ArgonX

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 21, 2004, 08:04:46 pm »
Quote from: YbrikMetaknight
ArgonX, I'm posting at OCR right now with my further thoughts on this matter.  But my point with the bit about owing/deserving...I'm really sorry, but from the way you said "obviously we deserve a third game" made it seem like you didn't know the difference between the two concepts you claim to understand.  Saying we deserve another game implies an obligation on the part of the company to deliver, at least to me.  Sorry if I misunderstood.  Not trying to make any enemies here.  So maybe you need to calm down too.

I can't exactly say that I've really been riled up, but I can understand that my energy may not translate very well over the internet.

I understand that deserve may sound like obligated, but that's really not what I meant.  It was to be taken as more of a "it would be a great gesture towards deserving fans", rather than "It's obligatory of Square Enix to gives us what we deserve".

~AX~

YbrikMetaknight

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
  • I strike fast and disappear for years at a time.
    • View Profile
    • Chrono Compendium
« Reply #17 on: June 21, 2004, 08:33:25 pm »
Dude, I like the sig.

sergecross73

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2004, 08:39:51 pm »
I agree with Zeality, I just want them to attempt to make another game in the series, because even small relationships to the previous games would probably be interesting to anyone who likes the game enough to spend time in a forum such as this. This site's great, i don't mean it in a bad way.

ArgonX

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 21, 2004, 11:14:37 pm »
Quote from: YbrikMetaknight
Dude, I like the sig.

Yeah?

I've made quite a few Chrono Cross banners, but this is my newest (I think I did it back sometime in '03).

Thanks for the compliment.  I see Ramsus is quite adept with sig making as well, looks really good.

~AX~

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 21, 2004, 11:45:07 pm »
I'm not sure if I'd prefer a bad sequel to no sequel at all.

Try as hard as I might, after finishing the subpar installment I know I would view the first two in light of the second.

I don't mean to take the conversation onto this topic, but as an example - it bums me out a little to watch the first Matrix movie and knowing where the series will ultimately go.

Sorta like an awesome band slowly crapping out.

And I'd really hate it if the game started called in new writers and they totally contradicted what came before. That would toast my pancakes.

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #21 on: June 22, 2004, 12:34:30 am »
I'd rather no sequel than a bad sequel, for the same reason. You can't discuss one without discussing the other, and the bad sequel would carry the series with it to hell.

I'll wait for a good, Kato/Mitsuda sequel, that will clear everything up, and I'll be sated with that.

Ramsus

« Reply #22 on: June 22, 2004, 07:20:33 am »
This is all fine and dandy, but is there some reason you have the Compendium listed as your website? I don't remember anyone asking me or any of the staff or senior members if we'd like the site being affiliated with such a project.

Sorry I have to ask, but I'm somewhat obligated to keep an eye on these sorts of things.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #23 on: June 22, 2004, 07:55:40 am »
Whut teh (first time using that crappy internet jumbled 'the') ****!?!? That's so stupid! I can't believe it!

J/K

I thought my second post was calm...I could live with a bad sequal as long as it was done by the creators...I mean, I live with Cross, right? I don't think this series has to go stale quick by any means. There are tons of directions for this series. As long as you get "Lavos is ALWAYS the main boss" outta your head. First, there's Lavos' origins. Then there's all sorts of alternate dimensions. And of course, all them characters could have branches and story arcs all their own.

ArgonX

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 22, 2004, 05:20:48 pm »
Quote from: Ramsus
This is all fine and dandy, but is there some reason you have the Compendium listed as your website? I don't remember anyone asking me or any of the staff or senior members if we'd like the site being affiliated with such a project.

Sorry I have to ask, but I'm somewhat obligated to keep an eye on these sorts of things.

No I didn't ask anyone, but this is not an affiliate program, if anything it's possible publicity.  Sorry to sound so nasty, but you don't have information about the use of your website's name as of right now, that section seems to have been neglected.  There's nothing I can do to change it anyway, I have no real control over this march, right now I'm merely a participant advertising it.

~AX~

Ramsus

« Reply #25 on: June 22, 2004, 05:55:07 pm »
Nevertheless, when you use the site as your site in your profile, you become  a representative of the site. You are affiliating/associating/involving the site with the petition by having it in your profile as the organizer. This has nothing to do with "affiliate programs." The verb "to affiliate" extends well beyond that.

Doing this without at least asking the regulars here is downright rude. It doesn't need to be written down anywhere. It doesn't matter that the site exists for the community, that's still fraud.

I don't care if it's possible publicity. The site's integrity is more important than any number of hits.

GrayLensman

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 22, 2004, 06:04:39 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
I thought my second post was calm...I could live with a bad sequal as long as it was done by the creators...I mean, I live with Cross, right? I don't think this series has to go stale quick by any means. There are tons of directions for this series. As long as you get "Lavos is ALWAYS the main boss" outta your head. First, there's Lavos' origins. Then there's all sorts of alternate dimensions. And of course, all them characters could have branches and story arcs all their own.

Since Chrono Cross eliminated Magil, the series could revisit Magus as a villain.  I'd imagine he would be really happy about Serge letting Schala and Kid disappear to who knows where.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #27 on: June 22, 2004, 07:16:23 pm »
Aw, I couldn't possibly see Magus as a villain anymore...He's just too durn lubbable. I think he'd make a great protagonist. Bring all those many fans and gaudy fanfic author's (like moi) what they want. He'd teach Squall a thing or two about being a cold-hearted bastard.

ArgonX

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 22, 2004, 08:15:01 pm »
Quote from: Ramsus
Nevertheless, when you use the site as your site in your profile, you become  a representative of the site. You are affiliating/associating/involving the site with the petition by having it in your profile as the organizer. This has nothing to do with "affiliate programs." The verb "to affiliate" extends well beyond that.

Doing this without at least asking the regulars here is downright rude. It doesn't need to be written down anywhere. It doesn't matter that the site exists for the community, that's still fraud.

I don't care if it's possible publicity. The site's integrity is more important than any number of hits.

Sorry, didn't think about your feelings before sticking my favorite site in the homepage slot.  I'll try my damn hardest to get the link removed as to eliminate the threat of my idea and this website being said in the same breath.

~AX~

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2004, 08:15:09 pm »
They very well might make him a protaganist, for exactly the reasons you mention Lensman. That would be an interesting shift. It would also conclude Magus' quest for Schala.