Author Topic: The Bend of Time  (Read 3812 times)

Swordmaster

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
The Bend of Time
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2004, 11:22:48 pm »
Quote from: CT script

[End of Time, Lavos Timeline (Flashback)]

GURU GASPAR: Th, this is...

Hey.

Nothing here...
   This must be...

...the End of Time...

You see. When Gaspar end in the EoT theres nothing but darkness and still can breath and talk.

One of the possibility is that at that point of the EoT and BoT someone or something created an air pocket to hold possible travellers lost in time. It could be a counter measure against the Lavos.

InsoFox

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
The Bend of Time
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2004, 02:37:06 pm »
Unless I missed a post while reading this, in which case I apologise, nobody has actually really considered the -name-

Apart from being faintly amusing because bend of time sounds like end of time, what could it mean?

Well, for any one given timeline, it would seem to go in a straight line. The only time that time would metaphorically bend is when it veers off into a new timeline, which of course is very significant for Chrono Cross. So I think the bend of time has something to do with the point where timelines seperate from eachother.

I'm not sure that it is the place of least resistance between dimensions as someone suggested.. because I would think that the beach would qualify for that... but perhaps it is some sort of leftover anomaly from the energy created from the timelines ripping apart. Or something.

At least this way, the name makes sense.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
The Bend of Time
« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2004, 05:24:48 pm »
Perhaps it's called the 'Bend' of time because it does that when you go into those little teleporty things that get you into battles in various parts of the Cross world. That's just been my thought...

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
The Bend of Time
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2004, 06:19:33 am »
Keep in mind the original name wasn't that punny, it was "Ultima Thule of Time"... Ultima Thulé was the name of the northest land people knew in Antiquity (probably not the Thulé from Groenland by the way)...

Other than that, I can't make out any good meaning...

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
The Bend of Time
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2004, 03:06:19 pm »
A supplement to my theory of the Bend of Time being the point of least resistance:

The party can only access the Bend of Time after the following events:

1) Serge takes on Lynx's body.
2) Serge (as Lynx) is sent to Sprigg's dimension.
3) Lynx, Sprigg, and Harle cross from Sprigg's dimension to Home.

It's possible that the Bend of Time appeared in Home due to a violation of a "Conservation of Dimensions" theorem. Lynx's party crossing to Home was the first instance of dimensional crossing that didn't involve a "Missing Piece" (unless Sprigg or Harle qualifies) so this may have caused the availability of the Bend of Time. On the other hand, it could have been Harle or Sprigg that caused this. Harle, as a dragon, may not have been intended to use this type of portal. Sprigg may not even be native to our dimension, or even compatible with it. Whichever the case, this dimensional cross may have violated the "Conservation of Dimensions" theorem. Then, when they finally went to Another, they violated it again, and the Bend of Time became available there.