Author Topic: Revised Plot and Planning Thread  (Read 22480 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Revised Plot and Planning Thread
« Reply #225 on: October 20, 2008, 02:50:08 am »
Damn, what a catch. Thanks.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 25, 2008, 09:01:36 pm »
Are we going to stick with the ending Jsondag has in the ROM, or try to make it closer to the plot outline?

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 25, 2008, 10:22:21 pm »
I dont see many more changes being made unless they are pretty awesome :)

Are you talking the final dungeon or the actual ending?  Is there something you are particularly unhappy with?  The plot is pretty vague with the ending and I though I depicted it pretty well for what I had to go with?  It doesn't mention the fall of guardia in the plot but it is from a thread Chrono 99 made.

The dungoen I sort of went away from the plot.  I really wanted to do the "two party" sequence and everything sort of grew from there.  I really like the mashup of time, though I can see the "discarded piece of timelines" being interesting.  We could potentially make "ghost" appear after you do the battles in the room and give a similar effect. 

I guess i should stop randing and see exactly what you want :)

--JP 

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 25, 2008, 11:20:36 pm »
I'm not sure how different it is. But King Zeal seems to have lost the "in control" part, screaming when he merges with the Frozen Flame.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 26, 2008, 06:45:58 pm »
Hm, I dont see anything here about screaming while he merges?  http://chronocompendium.com/Term/CE/Plot.html#Chapter_23:_Where_Dreams_go_to_Die.  I do have a small part that can be expanded where Zeal and the flame are seperated (after you fight zeal, before the zeal + hands fight).  I think he screams when he pushes the PC out of the way and merges?

I always looked at it as Zeal was fighting as hard as he could to fight the merge but eventually gives in.  I keep him in control up until the gurus leave him.  The pressure of losing schala, plus New Zeal failing, plus gurus leaving him is where he gives up and the flame takes control.  This is shown in a new scene I added after you beat Dalton in new Zeal.  When he is glows red is when the flame has control.

--JP

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 26, 2008, 07:03:27 pm »
Well, I'm saying he kind of screams when he merges in your CE skeleton. I wasn't talking about the plot outline then. I don't know if it's better or not, just saying it's different.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 26, 2008, 08:26:43 pm »
Ohhh, for some reasonly i totally ignored your punctuation markes haha.  I read it as:

I'm not sure how different it is. But King Zeal seems to have lost the ["in control" part screaming when he merges with the Frozen Flame.]

so i was like....but he does scream when he merges with the flame haha.  Um, we'll leave it up to zeality.  I guess i did veer away from King Zeal being in control...i actually though chrono 99 was going more towards King Zeal "thinking" he's in control.  (there are a couple things in the plot outline pointing towards this).  I'm willing to add new scenes we'll see what Z comes up with fo rdialogue.

--JP

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #232 on: December 04, 2008, 06:31:20 pm »
Now that CE is set five years after CT instead of two, will that affect what sprites we use for some characters?

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: December 07, 2008, 07:32:00 am »
Probably not. It's not a very long span of time; Luccia would be 13 instead of 10, etc.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: December 08, 2008, 02:00:36 am »
Issue: even if Sorin stops the Dragon Tooth from being Gated, it would still go to the Frozen Flame thanks to TTI.

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #235 on: December 08, 2008, 02:04:52 am »
The idea was that Sorin followed the Dragon Tooth and killed off the recreated Reptites. At least, that was how it was in the plot outline before the most recent plot revisions.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2008, 02:07:22 am by Vehek »

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 08, 2008, 05:19:02 am »
Yeah, I guess the idea is that when Crono, Glenn and Magus arrive in Prehistory, they say that something should be done with the Dragon Tooth but they panic and don't know what to do exactly. Then Sorin (who thinks faster thanks to being a cyborg) decides to simply jump in the Dragon Tooth portal and stop the Tooth or the resurrected Reptites on the other side of the portal, in 3 million B.C.

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 20, 2008, 03:27:58 am »
I noticed some of the recent changes to the plot

# 2305 - Belthasar breaks the argument by meeting arriving agents, who bring with them Cakulha (who lives now that history removed the Vanguard) and Toma XIII, who stumbled upon the Millennial Fair Gate. (We have to give him TTI or he would cease to exist when Toma's brought to 1005 A.D.)

Why exactly is Cakulha alive? Was there no rebellion to join or something?

Not really important, but Toma XIII's going to find that no-one knows him. Would Toma even have a museum anymore?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 20, 2008, 03:32:09 am »
Yeah. He'd still try to find Chronopolis, except this time around, Chronopolis sort of found him. Curious, he didn't put up a fight.

We're adding a line about illegitimate children that shouldt ake care of the entire Toma XIII thing.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 20, 2008, 04:04:53 pm »
In your current dialogue you have the "evil medina" elder...shouldn't it revert back to Mitch?  Though Medina is definitely anti Guardia but we should atleast mention how Mitch got thrown out of power.

--JP