Author Topic: 1 0 0 0 Q u e s t i o n s  (Read 2743 times)

D r e a m

1 0 0 0 Q u e s t i o n s
« on: October 12, 2006, 11:08:42 pm »
     Hello again,
             I thank you for your warm welcoming. It's been awhile, so I ask for your helping hand. Unfortunately, I did not finish both Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross since all these years. I'm quite sad from this burden, it seems time has tooken it's place. I feel as if something empty is within me. I recently ordered Chrono Trigger, hopefully, I can start the journey that I have been longing for all these years. So I ask for your assistance, if anyone care to give me advice on how to start or anything in the matter, please do so. Thank you. . ."Where their are endings. . .their are new beginnings. ."

- D r e a m

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
Re: 1 0 0 0 Q u e s t i o n s
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2006, 01:17:19 am »
Well, I'd have to say: The journey of a thousand questions begins with...a question! So ask away.

D r e a m

« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 06:26:23 pm »
    Thank you, I recently ordered both Chrono Trigger & Chrono Cross, just waiting on their arrival, I guess time will take it's place. I can soon embrace the journey I've been longing for all these years. My first question is the Chrono Trigger for strategy guide for SNES compatible for the Sony PlayStation version? Also, someone told me not to take the "old guy's lunch" I guess he was referring to Chrono Trigger, what does he mean? Just 998 questions to go (laughs). Til than, thank you & farewell.

"Where their are endings. . .their are new beginnings. ."
- D r e a m

Corey Taylor

• Guardian (+100)
  • # 8 Corey Taylor SlipKnoT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2006, 06:30:53 pm »
In Chrono Trigger, while in the Millenial Fair, there will be an exhibit that you fight a robot named Gato. When you walk out of that exhibit you'll see a pink sack on the table next to the old man that's walking back and forth. Don't eat it. It'll help you stay out of trouble.

D r e a m

« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2006, 06:35:03 pm »
    What is this trouble you speak of? Also, will it affect me in anyway? I mean, the storyline in general.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2006, 06:37:15 pm »
In same said place:

- find the girl's cat for her
- talk to the swordsmith and refuse to sell Marle's pendant
- when Marle bumps into Crono, talk to her before finding her pendant
- when Marle decides to buy something, be patient, don't move, and wait till she's finished

This all helps for a part later in the game. Doing these 'good deeds' will get the people on your side. :D You'll see what I mean, sooner or later.

D r e a m

« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2006, 06:40:17 pm »
    T h a n k  you, hm. .is this all in order?

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2006, 06:51:01 pm »
    T h a n k  you, hm. .is this all in order?

They can be done in any order after meeting Marle.

D r e a m

« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2006, 07:01:16 pm »
     Thank you,
               It seems my previous question was not answered yet. So I ask, the strategy guide for Chrono Trigger which originated for the SNES, is it compatible with the Chrono Trigger for the Sony PlayStation?

Corey Taylor

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2006, 07:04:06 pm »
The only difference in either games is the animated cutscenes in the Playstation version. There is no difference in gameplay from what I know. The guide is pretty much compatible with both.

D r e a m

« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2006, 07:11:35 pm »
    Thank you,
              My memory is quite vague. . .it's been 11 years since I first played Chrono Trigger. I assume you played both, knowing about the cutscenes.

Corey Taylor

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2006, 07:15:01 pm »
Yeah. I'm all for the Chrono series. Played it all. But haven' played Cross in a couple of years.... plus I don't much care for it.

D r e a m

« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2006, 07:18:33 pm »
    Another question I had in mind, I hear their are multiple endings in the Chrono Series. Playing the Chrono Trigger first time through, which ending would you say is best suited for me? Keep in mind I did not finished both stories of Chrono Trigger nor Chrono Cross.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2006, 12:50:55 am »
A lot of the endings are humorous or comical. But if you want one of the most dramatic and powerful, look for What the Prophet Seeks... at http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Endings_(Chrono_Trigger).html .

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2006, 10:43:41 am »
You can get it on your first playthrough without to much trouble, same with the dream project.
And on your 2nd playthrough, get everything else, and save "The Oath", because it rocks.