Author Topic: Chrono Tweaker Problems  (Read 2552 times)

Daid

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Chrono Tweaker Problems
« on: October 11, 2006, 08:30:46 am »
Once again I need help with ROM Hacking :lee:
For some reason I have downloaded Chrono Tweaker and installed Visual Basic 6.
When I try to load up the ROM in it, the ROM doesn't load. Why is this? :?
If anyone knows why please tell me.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Tweaker Problems
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 08:51:14 am »
Chrono Tweaker only works with headered ROMs, and Temporal Flux only with unheadered ROMs. But you can easily add and remove ROM headers at will by downloading the program "nsrt" (yes, weird name).

Daid

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 08:57:08 am »
Thanks for that :D

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2006, 11:43:19 pm »
Also, the AI pointer doesn't save correctly (you probably know this).
When I edit stuff and save, the Masamune glitches when attacking the Mammon Machine. (It makes a lot of explosion sounds then you can't select any battle commands)
I am not sure what I edit yet, I'll get back to you that. But I'm very sure it's the weapons data.

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2006, 12:23:50 am »
Yeah, it's a piece of dooky, but it was made before the awesomeness that is Temporal Flux, so I made it for headered ROMS. It will receive an update eventually, so I recommend using Blitzkrieg's Temporal Flux Editing Companion editor for most of your stat based editing needs, and only use Chrono Tweaker for the sprite makeup data editing for now.

Zakyrus

• Entity
  • Magical Dreamer (+1250)
  • "Bouncy, bouncy, bouncy... --!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2006, 12:46:19 am »
It will receive an update eventually, so I recommend using Blitzkrieg's Temporal Flux Editing Companion editor for most of your stat based editing needs, and only use Chrono Tweaker for the sprite makeup data editing for now.

Yeah, that's what I have been using. Also, the Gato enemy changer crashes... but since we can all use TF to easily change enemies, I felt that it wasn't really worth mentioning above.  By the way, using the CTEC does prevent me from making accessories saleable. :( ( I previously used ChronoTweaker for this but like I said before, I THINK it's changing the weapon data, but it could have been other things such as changing armours and accessories... Oh, well. I am quite resourceful, I will find a way around this.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2006, 02:28:29 am by Zakyrus »

JCE3000GT

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • BlitzKrieg Innovations
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 12:54:57 pm »
It will receive an update eventually, so I recommend using Blitzkrieg's Temporal Flux Editing Companion editor for most of your stat based editing needs, and only use Chrono Tweaker for the sprite makeup data editing for now.

By the way, using the CTEC does prevent me from making accessories saleable. :( ( I previously used ChronoTweaker for this but like I said before, I THINK it's changing the weapon data, but it could have been other things such as changing armours and accessories... Oh, well. I am quite resourceful, I will find a way around this.

Hmmm a possible bug?  Can anyone confirm this so I can fix it?  I have a little freetime on the weekends to work on my projects, CTEC is on my list to bugfix.  So if you've got bugs that you can reproduce please visit here [http://www.finalconquest.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=19] + register + tell me how to reproduce the bug(s)--if possible.  Thank you in advance for the bug submissions. 

P.S. PoultyTumor we miss you over at the forums.   :D

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 01:11:30 pm »
Thanks. :)

I've been very busy and out-of-it these last few months. *bleh*

I too have a little free time now to do stuff, so after a few projects are wrapped up I should be able to help out and be more active. Hopefully your editor can be updated one way or another, I no longer have the original sources for Chrono Tweaker, and yours is better than mine by a long shot anyway. I'd be glad to help you with it if you decide to continue on with it. Chrono Tweaker only has a feature or two that keeps people using it, and I'd like to be able to take it and burn it from people's minds eventually.  :twisted:

JCE3000GT

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
    • BlitzKrieg Innovations
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2006, 02:41:55 pm »
Thanks. :)

I've been very busy and out-of-it these last few months. *bleh*

I too have a little free time now to do stuff, so after a few projects are wrapped up I should be able to help out and be more active. Hopefully your editor can be updated one way or another, I no longer have the original sources for Chrono Tweaker, and yours is better than mine by a long shot anyway. I'd be glad to help you with it if you decide to continue on with it. Chrono Tweaker only has a feature or two that keeps people using it, and I'd like to be able to take it and burn it from people's minds eventually.  :twisted:

So what all do you want to do?  I'm game for combining into one project.  If you don't still have my CTEC source I can send it to you if you have the time, or you could send me the forms you want me to incorporate into CTEC.  I still want to redo the GUI a bit--but for now my SPC project(s) is(are) taking my time. 

Chickenlump

• Architect of Kajar
  • Chronopolitan (+300)
  • O_o
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2006, 04:29:05 pm »
I have it floating around here somewhere. I like the idea of sending you my forms for integration. I'll see what I can whip up when I have time. Not that anyone needs to rush or anything. Everyone is busy with something. :)