Author Topic: Okami  (Read 608 times)

cupn00dles

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Beneath this mask there is more than flesh.
    • View Profile
Okami
« on: October 04, 2006, 01:05:53 am »
Wow, what a game!

Anyone else here at the compendium playing it?

It's one of the most inspired games I've ever laid my hands on... It feels like a wonderful, surreal work of art with which you can interact in the most distinguished and fun ways. It is probably the most graphically beautiful PS2 game to date (as well as the most beautiful cel-shaded game on any platform), which should also mean it's the greatest graphical feast to ever come out for the already starting to fade PS2.

The whole magical brush concept is simply genious and brings things to a level of interaction that is rarely seen around at console games, and it is amazing how all the little interesting touches the game throws at you fit perfectly with the fast-paced gameplay.

It is hard to believe that a game based on Japanese myth where you control a wolf can be such a superb experience. A masterpiece I say!  :lee:

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Re: Okami
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 01:14:26 am »
Played it a bit. Gotta love the Capcom self reference with the woman who bakes pies by hitting her oven...with a Raging Demon!

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Re: Okami
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 02:49:10 am »
How much money do you wanna bet they're gonna come out w/some portable version/sequal, Okami DS?