Author Topic: Implement style into other site?? Would be greatly appreciated  (Read 491 times)

Dimitriy

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Implement style into other site?? Would be greatly appreciated
« on: October 03, 2006, 06:59:18 am »
Hi,

Big chrono fan. I really like the way Chrono Compendium has been made. I was wondering if Zeality or the site admin could release some of the wiki-specific changes so that I could implement them in a site of mine?

The site I am talking about is www.thestaircase.info. More or less its a site about me and some of my highschool friends and what we call "the staircase". Its the place that we all hung-out during lunch and a place where we discussed anything and everything. All of us played video games but some casually while others all day long. This is our senior year I thought we can make a site where there was a forum and a news like page. We had already made an effort in this direction but that was using some trail online forum hosting thing. But what with us all soon to be gone it would be nice to keep in contact. Our former site/forum is here : http://z3.invisionfree.com/the_staircase/index.php?act=idx

I have taken the whole site (the new one) completely down and now have uploaded mediawiki. I am also uploading the SimpleMachine Forum because I like the way it works and feels from what I have seen here.

All I am looking for is a similar style.

So if you are willing drop me a line here or at Dimitriy.Iyerusalimets [at] gmail [dot] com.

Thanks,
Dimitriy

PS. If anybody is willing to help I would greatly appreciate it. I am a horrible artist and not a great programmer either. But all hands are welcome.

P.S.S> Try www.staircase.info/wiki/  for the wiki. Its just the vanilla one.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Re: Implement style into other site?? Would be greatly appreciated
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 09:50:37 am »
Well, this is an unfortunate time, since Ramsus (who created the site) is away earning his wings. I have little technical prowess in this area. The only change to the Wiki I've ever made was shortening the "red link" detector to find instances of unique red links in the encyclopedia so I could ensure every last topic in the series was covered. I suppose you could hang around here until he gets back, but I'm sure there are a lot of people over at MediaWiki central who can help. I had to go there to learn how to do that hack, I think.