Author Topic: Chrono Trigger: The Next Struggle  (Read 1408 times)

Daid

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Chrono Trigger: The Next Struggle
« on: September 24, 2006, 04:10:03 am »
Chrono Trigger: The Last Struggle

I've locked this topic because I now have my own board for it.

I was bored so I made this picture from Sprites and Official Artwork :D

UPDATES:
The name has been changed toChrono Trigger: The Last Struggle this name was suggested by Pyt Fumv.
Underground Truce is nearing completion HOORAY! I just need to work out some issues with the overworld exits and create exits in the Underground truce.
To create Underground Truce I Recycled the Old Truce Map and put extensions to it so that it mostly looks different.
A few screenshots were released on the newest post. More should come somtime tomorow...

Now for some storyline related stuff...
The game will have a number of new and possibly old antagonists. Lets just say that it will be anouther adventure through time to defeat a majot antagonist.
I don't have any more details exept that Dalton may make a return!

I will change the character Icons in the Equipment menu. I might also change Crono and Marle's sprites slightly (like clothing) but that is a maybe.

There will be more details as the plot of the Game unfolds. Stick around... things are going to get really interesting here

Last Update: 12:57 AM, Wednesday, September 27th, 2006

(also parts of the post may be a little out of place because I have edited it heaps. But below should be most of the original storyline post.)

The game starts of with Marle waking Chrono up telling him to wake up and get to work. She tells him that Porre is on the move and that this could be bad news for the resistance.

Locations:
ZENAN MAINLAND: 1010 AD

Truce: 4 houses still stand. Chrono's House with his next door neighbours house had been turned into the resistance. Lucca's House and the Dock. It is a hiding place for the Radical Dreamers.

Chrono's House: One of the only surviving houses in Truce. Basicaly the same since Chrono Trigger.

Resistance HQ: Next door to Chrono's House. Built from one of the surviving houses from Truce. Living quarters are underground. At the moment it is using the Inns map however I will change this map so that it will be harder to recognise as the Inn.

Lucca's Orphanage: Lucca turned her house into an Orphanage to house the children that lost their parents to Porre.

Dock: Where the Ferry was. Now the loading place for supplies from Choras and the Radical Dreamers. The supplies that the Radical Dreamers steal from Porre is sent here.

Porre: Since it's victory over Truce in 1006 AD. It has become a rich country. The Mayor had been overthrown in 1005 AD and executed. A dictator now runs Porre (name yet to be decided). He turned the town against it's Mayor and Guardia and now after destroying Guardia he has set his sights on Choras and Medina. His plans would have been set in motion but the Rebels and the Radical Dreamers have been hindering his progress.

Porre Manor: Once the Mayors manor. Now the centre of Millitary activity.

Choras: A small island country. They supply the Rebels with weapons, food, armor, etc.
Now creating a millitary of it's own to defend itself from Porre.

Medina: Creating a new Mystic army. They plan to attack Porre before Porre attacks them. Porre and Medina have had a long rivalry ever since the war in 600 AD. The people of Porre never forgot about what the Mystics did to them.
Medina is angry about Porre stealing the phrase Black Wind to use in there millitary.

Other Time Periods:

610 AD: The Great Dorino Earthquake basically destroyed the entire town of San Dorino overnight. Pushing up a mountain straight into the middle of the town, killing thousands.
The Dorino recovery effort has been established by Porre to assist the injured. The earthquake damaged the Zenan Bridge again and caused halt in the effort from Truce. Truce plans to help after repairs to the bridge are finished.

A Mystic Town is being established on the Continent of Medina. The two islands fused together after an underwater earthquake shifted the Islands.

12,010 BC: The water levels have mostly returned to Normal. Creatures called Mystics have immigreated to the Last Village which is now called Medina. People have begun to settle on the Continents of South Zenan, North Zenan and Choras. By building boats from the wood in the forest near the north cape.
The sudden movement of people to other continents was because they needed more resources.

Story Change!!!
65,000,000 BC: The Ice Age has settled in, Plant Life is rapidly decaying and animals are dying out.
The Tribe of Ioka has found life to be difficult since and they struggle to stay alive.
The tribe has relocated to nearby caves, abandoning the original village. The reptites are rapidly dieing out, there last refuge is the old reptite lair.

I will not be making El Nido included in my game because it will be to much work to create all of those new areas.

Well what do you all think?
There isn't much information because I only restarted this project 2 hours ago.
I will post some screenshots soon and the story may change.
I will reasearch articles on the Chrono Compendium to try and keep it as close to the Chrono Series as possible.

Main transportation through the Timelines will be the Epoch.
In the story Lucca descided not to disasemble it because she figured it may be needed again.
This will take place in the ideal timeline.
I am using Temporal Flux. I will try to add new sprites and I will remix some of the music in Temporal Flux.
I am learning about Temporal Flux as I go along which means that this project will take time to finish. At the Moment it is just me working on it but I might get some other people to help.

Characters
I will include the original CT team and maybe some new additions:

Marle: After her father was killed in the siege of Guardia castle she has had a slightly different personality. She is still adventurous but she doesn't seem as happy as she used to be. She is determined to revive the Kingdom of Guardia and exact revenge on the Porre leader.

Lucca: Her house survived the destruction of Truce. She has turned it into an orphanage for children killed in the war.

Crono: He and Marle are running the resistance faction. Together they have built an underground base to house the rebels.

(more character details coming soon)

I have done a few changes...

« Last Edit: September 29, 2006, 03:45:33 am by Ryan_WMD_2006 »

joemomma

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger Radical
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2006, 09:51:07 pm »
Chrono Trigger good name Radical Dreamers good name.... sorry but in my eyes chrono trigger radical just means... time trigger that is awsome maybe Radical Trigger or somethin around those lines but would it be right?

Daid

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 12:39:43 am »
good point,
I'm still trying to come up with a better name though, I probably wont use Chrono Trigger Radical.

Alright, Now i'm going to get to work on this project.
I will show some screenshots on Saturday.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 07:01:15 am by Ryan_WMD_2006 »

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 10:34:49 am »
I have a few name suggestions:

- Chrono Trigger: Lost Path
- Chrono Trigger: The Untold Journey
- Chrono Trigger: The Next Struggle

Daid

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 10:40:15 am »
I like Chrono Trigger: The Next Struggle

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 10:42:10 am »
I like Chrono Trigger: The Next Struggle

Well, it's just a random selection out of my crazy head, but you really ought to change the 'Radical' part soon.  :lee:

Daid

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: Chrono Trigger: The Next Struggle
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 10:47:19 am »
It's been changed.
I was starting to hate Radical. How shameful of me to rip of the Radical Dreamers title...

Underground Truce is almost complete. All I have to do is make the exits and change some script.
I may be able to post a screenshot or two tonight! :D :D :D

My signiture is beggining to scare me a little... the eyes of that cat are a little freaky...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 10:50:50 am by Ryan_WMD_2006 »

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2006, 10:49:44 am »
Awesome. I'm looking forward to seeing this, and thanks for selecting one of my suggested names.  :D

Might I be able to help with the script in any way?

Daid

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2006, 10:58:32 am »
If you want to suggest some stuff to add to the storyline or script and help me with this project. Then yes you definetly can. Any help would be great :D

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2006, 11:03:54 am »
If you want to suggest some stuff to add to the storyline or script and help me with this project. Then yes you definetly can. Any help would be great :D

Alright, well, I'll have a look over everything you've posted so far and I'll see if I can think of anything. I'll post more in about an hour, when I get to use my own computer.

Daid

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 26, 2006, 11:12:41 am »
cool thanks! :D It will be good to get some help with this project.

SCREENSHOTS!!!
Only 3 so far. But tomorow I should have some of the Rebel Barracks, Rebel Inn and some of the Rebel Residence areas...
 8) 8) 8) 8) This is just to show people that I have done somthing. I'm not just sitting at my computer talking about somthing I'm not going to do...

I know, they arn't that good. Sorry. I have to fix up the Exit issue on the world map. At the moment it refuses to let poor Chrono into the Resistance, or into the Orphanage.  :(

Also compare the two bedroom screenshots, I accidently stuffed up the Tiles. Nothing to worry about.
I've added some more screenshots, I might add more tomorow. Anyway here they are. They were taken while I was using Temporal Flux.

It's the Overworld and the Rebel Barracks. I hope you like them. The overworld isn't finished and the Barracks need a few more things added. But I think they look ok.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 12:58:55 pm by Ryan_WMD_2006 »

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2006, 01:11:54 pm »
The Rebel Barracks are turning out quite nicely.  :D

As for Crono, I'm assuming he'll be silent in this one, too?  :lee:

Daid

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2006, 01:14:34 pm »
The Rebel Barracks are turning out quite nicely.  :D

As for Crono, I'm assuming he'll be silent in this one, too?  :lee:

Thanks for the Compliment :D

Probably, I could make him speak if I want. But I might follow the Chrono tradition and have him silent.

I'll probably log of soon. Good Night...
« Last Edit: September 26, 2006, 01:20:56 pm by Ryan_WMD_2006 »

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2006, 10:06:14 pm »
When you say "maybe some additions" in the characters section, did you mean new PCs or just other new NPCs?

Daid

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2006, 03:39:50 am »
a bit of both.
I'll try to add a new character, but I don't think I can with Temporal Flux.
If I was using RPG Maker I could do it easily. But if I were to add a new Playable Character using Temporal Flux. I would probably have to sacrifice somone.

With NPCs, yes there will be new NPCs. I will try to add new sprites for them if possible. At the moment i'm mainly concentrating on designing the New Areas and Events and i'm still learning about Temporal Flux as I go along. I am alot better at it now then since I started :D

The hardest area for me to design at the moment is Underground Truce... but it's almost finished :D

EDIT:
Latest Screenshot

This is a Work In Progress. It's the main area for the Women and Children in the Resistance. More stuff will be added to it. But if anyone wants to suggest somthing that's fine.
Finished Room:

After the End of this week (when school starts :( ) I wont have as much time to work on this project.
But I will use my spare time to learn more about Temporal Flux so that I can get better at it and the rest of my time to continue working on this project.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2006, 05:18:35 am by Ryan_WMD_2006 »