Author Topic: Spekkio...  (Read 38806 times)

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
Re: Spekkio...
« Reply #210 on: May 11, 2006, 05:05:00 am »
Ok, whatever.
Why is it that Spekkio is the God of War? Isn't the Entity a God? Does that put Spekkio on the same level as the E man, or is it like the Hindu belief that there is one top god, and many smaller gods? If this has been discussed before yadda yadda yadda etc...

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 11, 2006, 06:28:37 pm »
There's really no proof that the Entity is a god. And there's really no proof that Spekkio is telling the truth, but assuming the Entity and Spekkio are both "Gods" it could be possible that they're part of some other, nondescript pantheon.

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 11, 2006, 06:43:18 pm »
Entity always seemed to be a helluva a lot higher than Spekkio... and personally I don't believe Spekkio really was a god.  Gods usually have a greater control over events and I doubt Spekkio had that much power...
« Last Edit: May 14, 2006, 07:48:23 pm by ChronoMagus »

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #213 on: May 12, 2006, 02:11:20 am »
There's really no proof that the Entity is a god. And there's really no proof that Spekkio is telling the truth, but assuming the Entity and Spekkio are both "Gods" it could be possible that they're part of some other, nondescript pantheon.

The Entity, for it's power, is for all intents and purposes a god. However, so is Lavos. There isn't necciarily a pantheon in the Greek sense, simply beings that exist at a much higher order of power than mankind, such that it is reasonable to refer to them as gods.

chronatus

• Iokan (+1)
  • Time Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: August 11, 2006, 04:02:42 pm »
If Spekkio is so powerful then why doesnt he just kill Lavos himself?? It would save Crono and the gang a bunch of time....but then i guess we'd have a pretty boring game....

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #215 on: August 12, 2006, 04:40:24 pm »
If Spekkio is so powerful then why doesnt he just kill Lavos himself?? It would save Crono and the gang a bunch of time....but then i guess we'd have a pretty boring game....

Because he doesn't want to and it's not his job. My theory is that the whole point of Lavos' landing is to evaluate the planet's worth. If they can fight off Lavos on their own without the help of aliens or anything, they passed the test. If not, and Lavos destroys them, they probably weren't worth existing anyway.

Lucca

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: August 21, 2006, 03:31:17 pm »
Well, I DO know this, Spekkio is stronger than Lavos. Lavos is actually quite weak when compared to Spekkio. Also, seeing as how Nu are quite strong (they have to be, that can take you down to 1 hp with a HEADBUTT!) it would only make sense that the self proclaimed "Master of War" would have to take his final form as a Nu. Also, Nu transcend time and space, their species can be sited at any point in time, so in a place where time ceases to exist, because it has come to an end, why would it not be that a Nu is there? I think Spekkio is simply the last Nu, and that he has taken those other forms to guage others strengths, as he probably wanted to show his full power only to those he deemed as true heroes. That's about the only things I can think of on this topic... So I'm just gonna say, that's a tiny bit of food for thought.

I really like this theory.  I  believe the Nu are in fact one of the strongest creatures on the planet, and their abundancy in Zeal Kingdom must mean they are of some worth.  It wouldn't surprise me if Spekkio's true form really was his final form - that of a Nu. 

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #217 on: August 22, 2006, 12:21:21 pm »
But he's a PINK Nu :P

I guess I can concede he's some kind of evolved Nu, and caused the end of time by the sure AWESOMENESS of such a Nu.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: August 23, 2006, 01:17:35 am »
So Spekkio's final form is the Pink Nu. I never fought against one since I haven't taken the journey to level **.

Why isn't Spekkio's final form Lavos, or the TD or anything else for that matter? Spekkio has seen many battles and he has seen things from the future most likely. There are many things more powerful than the Nu. Crono and co. is capable of defeating several Nu's throughout the game. Why wouldn't Spekkio simply create an apparition of Crono and co. instead of the mysterious Pink Nu?

I believe the Nu does have some special power/ability or purpose in life. Why would Spekkio manipulate the form of a Nu and not simply give them the ultimate test that will change the planets fate and future . . . Lavos?

It's possible that Spekkio chose to manipulate the Nu because the Nu really is "the end of all life".

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #219 on: August 24, 2006, 12:42:31 am »
Because all life begins and ends with Nu.

That brings up some interesting thoughts. Do the Nu exist on all life-bearing planets, and should the Lavoid race ever achieve genetic completion, would a Nu would be found within the shell?

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: August 24, 2006, 02:14:11 am »
Because all life begins and ends with Nu.

That brings up some interesting thoughts. Do the Nu exist on all life-bearing planets, and should the Lavoid race ever achieve genetic completion, would a Nu would be found within the shell?
all I know is that the answer is a firm maybe.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: August 24, 2006, 03:26:37 am »
So Spekkio's final form is the Pink Nu.

Maybe Spekkio is a female to begin with.  Anyway, is possible that Spekkio's first form is the preevolution of all Nus?
Since Spekkio is a Nu him/herself, its possible that they evolve like other creatures.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #222 on: August 24, 2006, 07:26:45 pm »
I wouldn't say he IS a Nu. He's clearly something more to him.