Author Topic: Spekkio...  (Read 41356 times)

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2004, 03:21:21 pm »
Quote from: Chrono'99
Quote from: V_Translanka

Theory: When Zeal fell and the Black Omen rose Nu were scattered along with Gurus? On the way to Zeal & the Mammon Machine on the...Black Omen I think...A Nu is in front of your path, after saying something I remember as being a warning of some kind, he jumps off the platform.

Another Theory: Perhaps they are test subjects of Belthasars when he was testing time travel.

Aren't the prehistoric Nus there before you see the Ocean Palace accident? The second theory is still possible though.

Yes there is at least one prehistoric Nu.  I don't think that all Nu are robotic, but then again it could help in passing Spekkio off as a machine that can mirror his opponents abilities.  hmm

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2004, 05:47:34 pm »
There is one Nu in the Hunting Range who uses primitive English; however, another shows up in the Laruba Ruins after the Ocean Palace disaster. He seems to be more Nu-ly robotic.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Spekkio...
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2004, 07:53:23 pm »
Quote from: Chrono'99
Aren't the prehistoric Nus there before you see the Ocean Palace accident? The second theory is still possible though.

Not the second one...Although either way, the Ocean Palace incident still occurs whether or not you see it happen. It just happens differently in the Entity Timeline, so that possibility is still...possible...But yes, that was a theory that was fairly loose in my mind...I think I believe my second more plausible.

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2004, 11:30:24 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Another Theory: Perhaps they are test subjects of Belthasars when he was testing time travel.

Hmm, that sort of makes sense, except that Queen Zeal kept them around after she got rid of Belthasar ( I can see her keeping the Blackbird, but not a bunch of big robots that take up space, sleep alot, steal magic tabs, and need their backs scratched haha). However, I can see proof of it in the game maybe: When that Nu in the blue pyramid tells Belthasar that its coming, it disappears, perhaps being able to transport itself back to Belthasar.  But the Nu in the future seems so robotic compared to the other Nu.  I think that Belthasar missed home and built the Nu using the obviously advanced robot technology, so that the Nu could be an assistant and help him from going insane by just being good company and reminding him of home.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2004, 06:06:03 am »
Well, most of the Nu in Zeal Palace itself were pretty much tour guides...and isn't there one that follows what Q. Zeal says by not selling whatever shields? So perhaps she has her own set of Nu (why wouldn't she? she's power hungry, right?).

Another Nu Theory: If not robots, then perhaps they are biologically engineered creatures of some kind. The final Nu with Belthasar may still be a robot, or perhaps a half-breed kind of android creature.

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2004, 05:09:04 pm »
hmm...okay...maybe...they don't really seem like real animals. They all seem to have a certain purpose in Zeal, and people dont really say much about them...almost as if they were equals of some sort.  they are allowed everywhere and one is even trusted to guard the blue pyramid.  or not hmm

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2004, 05:36:37 am »
I always figured them as servants or underlings of some kind...They're more often forgotten than they are looked upon as equals...They're freaky slave things! ARRHHHH! Blade Runner or something!

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #37 on: November 06, 2004, 12:53:02 pm »
I've just thought about something. Masa and Mune claim to be Melchior's dream embodied, and Belthasar put his mind into his Nu, who is sleeping (either physically or "outside the flow of time", after you turn him off). Apparently, two of the Gurus are linked to some kind of avatars who have something to do with dreams.

Now what about Gaspar? There was nothing in the End of Time when he came, but eventually a ground and Spekkio appeared, while Gaspar is sleeping. Perhaps Spekkio is Gaspar's "dream avatar"? That God of War seems quite eccentric and out of place, so perhaps he is just a fancy dream Gaspar is having?

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #38 on: November 06, 2004, 03:54:53 pm »
That seems plausible. But I'll be darned if that doesn't remind of the AE arc from Yugioh.

Hadriel

• Dimension Crosser (+1000)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #39 on: November 06, 2004, 04:41:15 pm »
I really like that theory, actually.

Hiroshino

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #40 on: December 08, 2004, 04:20:58 pm »
I agree with Chrono'99. I was going to theorize that Spekkio is Gaspar's dream. Just like Masa and Mune are the dreams of Melchior.

War

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Something "Nu"
« Reply #41 on: December 10, 2004, 04:03:50 am »
I'm not sure of the exact quote, but I know one of the Nu's says something to this effect:

"Everything begins with Nu. Everything ends with Nu..."

Now, if someone can help me with the exact quote, that'd be great.

But it makes sense that the Nu are everywhere if you take that saying into account. It also makes sense that Spekkio is a Nu in the end. Like the saying, "Everything begins with Nu. Everything ends with Nu..."

-War

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #42 on: December 10, 2004, 05:14:55 pm »
Actually, no Nu says that. It's in a book in one of the hidden parts of Zeal. I believe that it's most believed to be the works of Belthasar...or Gaspar? I dunno...

Either way, it refers to some old Norse myth I believe in which Nu is the primordial ooze from which all life sprung forth.

Oh and...How does it work if Spekkio starts out as a frog? Also...I don't really believe that whole "dream avatar" deal...That one about Belthasar seems like a stretch, and I've never believed that Melchior was being literal when he said that about Masa & Mune...

Hiroshino

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2004, 11:46:20 pm »
Actually, no Nu says that. It's in a book in one of the hidden parts of Zeal. I believe that it's most believed to be the works of Belthasar...or Gaspar? I dunno...

It is in one of Belthasar's books. "All life begins with Nu, and ends with Nu. This is the truth, this is my belief, for now.."

I'm not sure if that is the exact quote but I do know that the first sentence is right and how it was his belief for the time being.

I've never believed that Melchior was being literal when he said that about Masa & Mune...

But that is what you believe, just as some of us believe that he was being literal. For all we know, he could have been. I have yet to hear Square announce or mention that Melchior was or wasn't being literal.

Also, we could also take into consideration that the End of Time is not an actual era. However, I heard that time passes while you're there, so if this is true, then it could be considered an era...yet by the looks of it, existence already destroyed itself one way or another, and ended.

I have yet to hear Square announce or mention that Spekkio was or wasn't the dream of Gaspar. He can use magic, he knows about Zeal Palace, him and Gaspar have some connection. Maybe Spekkio was already there and Gasper told him about Zeal and they formed a connection (like a friendship or something), but that doesn't explain where he gets his magic from. Maybe Spekkio is an actual god? I have yet to hear Square announce or mention that he was or wasn't, so it is a possibility. I still stand by how Spekkio is the dream of Gaspar unless Square said that he wasn't or there was obvious evidence that clearly made it certain that he wasn't.

Leebot

• Guru of Time Emeritus
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
    • View Profile
    • Infophilia
Spekkio...
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2004, 11:56:06 pm »
When was the last time Square mentioned anything to help explain part of a game?