Author Topic: Spekkio...  (Read 38640 times)

XchrononetX

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2004, 08:11:45 pm »
Perhaps Spekkio represents the very balance in the elements, the force that the people of Zeal forgot after finding Lavos as a potential for of energy. After all, it seems that he has all the most powerful representations of the Magic elements in his array of attacks, and it would only seem fit that he would be the pure representation of magic itself. This would make sense in that physical attacks cannot harm him, as magic is a force beyond a fist, so to speak. Magic can only harm magic... Yep, I think that's it. Spekkio is "Magic", or at least that's what I think.

3Fangs 3Petals 3Feathers

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2004, 09:49:08 pm »
It is my personal beleif that Spekkio is the Anti-Lavos.  As Lavos was created (and to some beleif, magic was created) the 'balance of power' created Spekkio.  As when Spekkio leaves in the ending of the return to EoT, I beleive that as Lavos is 'defeated' (temporarily at least), Spekkio is called back to wherever they both came from, and balance is given back to the world.

Epsilon

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2004, 10:24:19 pm »
Hmm.. well, I've come up with a completely crazy idea...

Spekkio is Lavos. He is only visible in the Lavos Timelines, and Lavos is apparently immortal. Perhaps he survived the End of Time, and achieved a "spirit" state where he can project himself to look however he wants. And yes, Lavos's final form, Right Bit, has more HP than Spekkio's final form, but killing Right Bit kills Lavos... Spekkio is not killed. Also, Lavos is mentioned as the source of magic, and so it makes sense that Spekkio/Lavos can grant magic.

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2004, 10:53:53 pm »
Quote from: Epsilon
The End of Time is the temporal place of least resistance... How could that be a pocket dimension?

Perhaps the time period that Spekkio resides is the temporal place of least resistance.  It cannot truly be the End of Time because time still passes!  The reason for its name could be for anything...if my crackpot rambling above about Spekkio being the Entity's counter for Lavos is correct, Gaspar could have said it was the EoT so that the party wouldnt become concerned about Spekkio's existence.  heh..right.  Or perhaps Gaspar just didn't know any better, it was his first guess when he arrived.  And it kind of looks like a pocket dimension (in the sense that it is similar to Lavos's, both have strange moving floors that people can apparently stand on).
Quote from: XchrononetX
Perhaps Spekkio represents the very balance in the elements, the force that the people of Zeal forgot after finding Lavos as a potential for of energy. After all, it seems that he has all the most powerful representations of the Magic elements in his array of attacks, and it would only seem fit that he would be the pure representation of magic itself. This would make sense in that physical attacks cannot harm him, as magic is a force beyond a fist, so to speak. Magic can only harm magic... Yep, I think that's it. Spekkio is "Magic", or at least that's what I think.

I think that is a possibility.  Even though 'magic' did not originally exist, the four elements (Lightning,Fire,Water,Shadow) did exist and their balance was important.. Maybe that is was the Nu are for, to preserve the balance of the elements (hence why there are so many of them in 12,000B.C. and almost none in any other era (and only one when magic ceases to be used in 12,000B.C.!!!))
Quote from: 3Fangs 3Petals 3Feathers
It is my personal beleif that Spekkio is the Anti-Lavos. As Lavos was created (and to some beleif, magic was created) the 'balance of power' created Spekkio. As when Spekkio leaves in the ending of the return to EoT, I beleive that as Lavos is 'defeated' (temporarily at least), Spekkio is called back to wherever they both came from, and balance is given back to the world.
Its all starting to make sense now.  I'm starting to think though that Spekkio was created to balance the elements after Lavos fell and during the height of Zealian magic use.  The Nu were simply not enough (in terms of my new idea for their purpose) to keep the balance physically, so a true and complete magical balance had to be created to fulfill the 'hole' in the balance.  (I really hope I'm not way off on this.)
Quote from: Epsilon
Hmm.. well, I've come up with a completely crazy idea...

Spekkio is Lavos. He is only visible in the Lavos Timelines, and Lavos is apparently immortal. Perhaps he survived the End of Time, and achieved a "spirit" state where he can project himself to look however he wants. And yes, Lavos's final form, Right Bit, has more HP than Spekkio's final form, but killing Right Bit kills Lavos... Spekkio is not killed. Also, Lavos is mentioned as the source of magic, and so it makes sense that Spekkio/Lavos can grant magic.
 While its true that Lavos is the source of magic on earth and that he can grant it, he did not create the four elements.  Also, being almighty in power, Lavos would probably recognize a threat to his past, and he is simply too friendly.  
hmmm, or maybe Spekkio is nothing more than a Nu who became addicted to Magic Tabs haha, like the Nu in Kajar!

XchrononetX

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2004, 04:04:20 am »
Well, I for one DON'T think that Lavos was the source of all magic. I think that because there is balance in nature, there is evidently balance in magic, because they both seem to share the same element structure. Just because people attained magic through Lavos, doesn't mean that they didn't already have the ability lying dormant in their bodies. The same thing happened to Crono and Co. upon meeting Spekkio. It always said Crono was "Lightning", even before meeting Spekkio, whom upon meeting you awakens the power, he does not grant it.
Now, given that the powers of Nature and Magic are strikingly similar, it would only make sense to think that Magic is a natural thing. After all, did the game not state that before Lavos's power was harnessed, the Kingdom of Zeal obtained Magic through the elements of Nature, and tools such as the Sun Stone. There is balance in nature... Besides, wouldn't nature be the Anti-Lavos, given that it was there before Lavos and seems to resist him at all times. Look at the WonderShot, an extremely powerful weapon harvesting the powers of the sun, or the Rainbow, using both the powers of the Sun Stone to form an alloy, and the Rainbow Shell to make a rock solid base. Nature fights Lavos because it is a force of the Entity, and I believe that Magic is a force of Nature.

3Fangs 3Petals 3Feathers

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #20 on: June 16, 2004, 09:52:38 am »
Lavos didn't create magic, he is a filter for it, as is Spekkio.  Spekkio is also a filter, but as he is the anti-lavos, he helps wllingly channels and 'awakens' the power within the Travellers instead of magic being taken from it, as the Mammon Machine did with Lavos.

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #21 on: June 16, 2004, 08:44:12 pm »
Yes, its true that Lavos did not "create" magic.  However he did create "applied magic" i.e. Ice 2, Dark Bomb, Dreamless, Lightning, Flare, ShiningBit, Hallation, ProtectiveSeal, etc.  That is what I meant when I said "magic".  I meant the abilities, not magic in itself. sorry for the confusion.  In the intended timeline that the planet wanted, the balance of the four elements was kept easily by not having creatures with the ability to gather energy of a specific element and unleash it in destructive ways.  Yes, I bet the Entity is a big fan of the Black Hole attack, or Flare.  That kind of applied magic is very very destructive, I doubt the planet wanted that kind of magic to exist.  Oh and I just thought of something.  Spekkio says that he CANNOT give Ayla magic because she was born before it EXISTED.  Now of course, Spekkio is using the word 'magic' the way I am using it, not the 'nature' way of using it.  Magic of course existed as the elements existed but applied magic did not, that was an ability the humans (and mystics) evolved over time due to Lavos's actions with DNA.  The Earthbound ones are the 'control group' of humans, with no magical power (as was stated in another forum) and the Enlightened Ones were the experiment.  As you can see, the experiment was too dangerous for Lavos's well being, so It destroyed Zeal, and when the survivors intermixed with the powerless Earthbound Ones, magic ability eventually became recessive.  <  that is why Spekkio can bring out those powers, they are there, just dormant.

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2004, 01:51:15 am »
Even though I understand its both fun and a source of new insights, I think at times extensive analysis is a little much. I think deep speculation into the nature of Nu and Spekkio is one of those times.

There simply isn't much out there on them to speculate with. I'd prefer to think of Spekkio as a fuzzy teddy-bear looking thing and leave it at that.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Spekkio...
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2004, 09:16:24 am »
Thank you, Symmetry, we all adore your opinions! You don't have to take anything seriously if you don't want to. But that doesn't make it any less serious! Haha! I'm...going no where with that...so I'll stray on topic...

I think magic is obviously natural. Not Lavos' Magic of course. Elements are an obvious source of earth-driven magic (although it might also be driven from Lavos' interaction with the earth). Black Hole is also an Element, and it looks wicked awesome, even more than the Magical Technique Black Hole does! Well, whatever...Differences in nature I suppose...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2004, 10:21:20 am »
Since when is it suggested in the games that the four basic elements need balance, or that this occurred through the Nu?

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2004, 07:41:02 pm »
No real suggestion.  then again there is no real suggestion that they are helping the planet. I just like throwing ideas out there and seeing how they develop/don't develop. I just notice that there is only one where no magic is being used, a whole lot where magic is being used, just one when magic stops mainly being in use, (though one could argue that the Nu were killed when Zeal fell of course), and when magic becomes a recessive feature in humans and mystics (by 1000A.D.), there are no more Nu (not including the one who was trapped in the blue pyramid and the robotic Nu in 2300A.D.), and there are two Nu in the Black Omen, where magic is still in use.  So, I won't "argue" anything, for I have no evidence, I just like to throw ideas out there.  Sorry if that angers some  :)

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2004, 08:38:09 pm »
How do you know that all Nu aren't robotic?

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2004, 09:07:41 pm »
Quote from: V_Translanka
How do you know that all Nu aren't robotic?
 How many robots do you know  like getting their backs scratched or like being 'naughty' and stealing tabs from people? If for them not being in 65million B.C., I would think that they were created by the Zealians.  Also I don't think that the Nu are plentiful in the Prehistoric age at all. One of the women in an Ioka Hut says that "when it rain, rare monster appear."  and since this 'rare' monster that you encounter is the same one every time...hmm

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2004, 05:18:16 am »
Quote from: Faulce
How many robots do you know like getting their backs scratched or like being 'naughty' and stealing tabs from people? If for them not being in 65million B.C., I would think that they were created by the Zealians. Also I don't think that the Nu are plentiful in the Prehistoric age at all. One of the women in an Ioka Hut says that "when it rain, rare monster appear." and since this 'rare' monster that you encounter is the same one every time...hmm

Two easy reasons for that first part...

1. Robots are only what they are programed for and to do. Lucca pretty much states this when she's repairing Robo for the first time.
2. Lots of robots go crazy. Ever see Terminator? The Animatrix? 2001: A Space Odyssey? Alright, that last one's a computer...The second one turns half-computer...And the first one started out as a computer...But STILL!
3. Perhaps Zealian robot technology is, although a step-up from Ashtear circa 1000 stuff, still has a few bugs.

If they are robots, I think the Zealians probably did make them. There are two Nu in the Prehistoric Age, one gives you something and it can change your name too, and the other is the one in the Hunting Range...

Theory: When Zeal fell and the Black Omen rose Nu were scattered along with Gurus? On the way to Zeal & the Mammon Machine on the...Black Omen I think...A Nu is in front of your path, after saying something I remember as being a warning of some kind, he jumps off the platform.

Another Theory: Perhaps they are test subjects of Belthasars when he was testing time travel.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2004, 08:57:30 am »
Quote from: V_Translanka
Theory: When Zeal fell and the Black Omen rose Nu were scattered along with Gurus? On the way to Zeal & the Mammon Machine on the...Black Omen I think...A Nu is in front of your path, after saying something I remember as being a warning of some kind, he jumps off the platform.

Another Theory: Perhaps they are test subjects of Belthasars when he was testing time travel.

Aren't the prehistoric Nus there before you see the Ocean Palace accident? The second theory is still possible though.