Author Topic: Spekkio...  (Read 38805 times)

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« on: June 14, 2004, 08:56:22 pm »
I've been looking around and I haven't seen much about him... If a Spekkio discussion already exists, kindly delete this and direct me to its location, thank you.

Who is Spekkio?  How did he get to the End Of Time?  Why is he so goddamn powerful when the party hits level **??

(1)  Well, I don't know who he is.. but I do know that he uses magic exclusively, which was brought to the world by Lavos.  So he obviously could not have existed in 65mil B.C.  Somebody somewhere else said that Lavos started messing with human evolution around 3mil B.C. So Spekkio was "born" or "created" somewhere between then and the EoT. Or perhaps he did exist before this time, but switched to magical attacks because they were more potent that physical attacks.
(2)  Somebody somewhere on these forums said that the EoT may be a pocket dimension.  Well then the gate really wouldnt be taking the party through time...unless the pocket dimension exists way after a bunch of stuff happens and is not accessible otherwise.  I think that the 3 rooms that exist at the EoT were already there when Gaspar was sent there.  Perhaps the EoT is Spekkio's pocket dimension.  He does say that he is the "Master of War" so maybe he came there to increase his skills.  Some sort of timeless warrior or something.  
(3)  He takes the form of a redish-pinkish Nu as his final form.  And has attacks such as Luminaire and Dark Matter.  Why a Nu???

Epsilon

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2004, 09:12:26 pm »
I thought it was bec ause a Nu looks weak, and Spekkio was doing a  "Things are not what they seem" thing...

When Gaspar is sent to the end of time, there is no platform or anything... Pehaprs Spekkio brought Gaspar to his section of the EoT...

Spekkio's origins are a mystery.. perhaps he was sent to the EoT permeanently by another of Lavos's race, and teaches the humkans who come to him magic because he wants Lavos dead?

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2004, 09:24:38 pm »
There were four theories fleshed out already, but they've been lost somehow. I can remember some of them.

Spekkio-Nu - Spekkio is Gaspar's Nu assistant
Spekkio-Mirror - Spekkio is a creation, like mechanical
Spekkio-God - Spekkio is truly a god
Spekkio-Traveler - Spekkio is a good-hearted time traveler

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2004, 09:28:09 pm »
Quote from: Epsilon
I thought it was bec ause a Nu looks weak, and Spekkio was doing a  "Things are not what they seem" thing...

When Gaspar is sent to the end of time, there is no platform or anything... Pehaprs Spekkio brought Gaspar to his section of the EoT...

Spekkio's origins are a mystery.. perhaps he was sent to the EoT permeanently by another of Lavos's race, and teaches the humkans who come to him magic because he wants Lavos dead?

Well Spekkio says "If you're strong, I look strong.  If you're weak, I look weak."  Which implies that the Nu must be strong...  However, he also says  right after that "You are strong of will, thats why the old one let you through" So not all people who accidentally entered the EoT saw Spekkio.  In fact, we dont see anyone else in the game outside of 12000 B.C who can use magic as far as I can remember.  And perhaps the "strong of will" statement refers to how the Nu may work for the planet and diligently watch the workings of mankind to make sure things are going in such a way as to eventually work out for the Entity's best interests.
I don't know if he wants Lavos dead or not, he never seems to acknowledge his existence.

XchrononetX

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2004, 11:31:41 pm »
Well, I DO know this, Spekkio is stronger than Lavos. Lavos is actually quite weak when compared to Spekkio. Also, seeing as how Nu are quite strong (they have to be, that can take you down to 1 hp with a HEADBUTT!) it would only make sense that the self proclaimed "Master of War" would have to take his final form as a Nu. Also, Nu transcend time and space, their species can be sited at any point in time, so in a place where time ceases to exist, because it has come to an end, why would it not be that a Nu is there? I think Spekkio is simply the last Nu, and that he has taken those other forms to guage others strengths, as he probably wanted to show his full power only to those he deemed as true heroes. That's about the only things I can think of on this topic... So I'm just gonna say, that's a tiny bit of food for thought.

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2004, 11:38:50 pm »
yea.. I've always wondered if there was actually only one Nu that could duplicate himself, like in Kajar.  Or maybe all of the Nu started to fight and kill eachother, like in Highlander or The One with Jet Li.  Spekkio is the last one so he has all the power, lol.

Daggart

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2004, 03:40:44 am »
The problem with Spekkio being a Nu to me has always been that he acts nothing like the other Nus.

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2004, 01:55:38 pm »
Thats true, he does act nothing like the other Nu. (is it Nu or Nus? maybe its like how you say deer to mean both sing. and plur.)
(1) He has a name. (2)  He fights using more than a headbutt.  (3) He can shapeshift.  (4) He's red.  (5) He has way more HP. [final form has 20,000 I think.  the normal Nu has 1234HP].  (6) his personality is more developed than the other Nu we see.

Epsilon

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #8 on: June 15, 2004, 02:10:55 pm »
Well, isnt Spekkio reddish while all the other Nu are blue? Perhaps that implies some sort of superiority...

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Spekkio...
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2004, 04:01:05 pm »
Plus he has almost all the highest magic attacks (Luminaire, Flare, Dark Matter), Hallation, & Salt (although some times he uses Salt on a party member). I think his having magical ability far outclasses him from being a lowly Nu. Nu only have two attacks really; Headbutt (1HP) & Headbutt (all but 1HP). Spekkio, along with not having either ability, has a hoard of magical ability. Plus, he somehow manages to avoid all physical attacks.

Only magic harms him and he has lots of magic himself. So, I believe Spekkio to be some kind of magical entity (not to be confused with the actual Entity). His power is simply a reflection of the power the party may have at any given time. If not just a reflection, then an enhancement of some kind. I've heard that spekkio means "mirror" in some other language...Although I might have heard that was debunked too...Whatever, it fits either way.

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2004, 04:41:22 pm »
Perhaps he is some freak accident resulting from Lavos messing with everyones DNA over the years.  Spekkio is purely magical and it seems to me that he is the perfect evolutionary being as opposed to the Lavos Core. hmm...

Also he can sense the innate elements of individuals.  I can see him as being a mirror considering:
Quote from: Faulce
Well Spekkio says "If you're strong, I look strong. If you're weak, I look weak."

But there is the gigantic gap between lv40 and lv99. so hmm...
Croaker<Kilwala<(goblin?)<Omnicrone<Masa&Mune.  Each monster is "greater than" the monster before it.  But the Nu have less HP and are much easier to beat than Masa&Mune, so the final form should actually be the second to final form.  Kinda makes me think he is a Nu in some twisted way...maybe overly exposed to Lavos's power through the Mammon Machine or something..he is red.  I dunno, just thoughts...

Epsilon

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2004, 04:52:24 pm »
Quote from: Faulce
Perhaps he is some freak accident resulting from Lavos messing with everyones DNA over the years.  Spekkio is purely magical and it seems to me that he is the perfect evolutionary being as opposed to the Lavos Core. hmm...

That gave me an idea for a theory... What if Spekkio is another member of Lavos's race who achieved "perfect evoltution", and for whatever reason decided to go to the End of Time (Or it existed, gathering DNA up until the End of Time...) Still doesnt explain why it takes the form of Nu, though. I'm going with the "Red Nus are super-powerful beings" Idea..

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2004, 06:50:00 pm »
haha. Well hmm... The Entity (planet) always seems to try and counter Lavos.  Its sort of like some drawn out chess game between the two that takes millions of years.  When Chronopolis was drawn back by Lavos, the Planet brought Dinopolis back as well.  Perhaps Lavos's urge to become the ultimate being was countered by the Planet also trying to create the ultimate being to match Lavos.  Obviously the Entity was a little too late but then again, for being the example of evolutionary perfection, Lavos is quite easily beaten (by 3 humans [or robot], how pathetic).  It would be cool if on the Lavos Timeline, Spekkio and Lavos eventually fought in 22799A.D. or something and Spekkio won.  Being more powerful than Lavos, he was able to create a pocket dimension (like Lavos did) for himself that connected to all time periods and just waited there.  It would explain why he doesn't mention or seem to care about Lavos....he beat him!  It also explains why the End of Time still has time... its a pocket dimension in the future that Gaspar wound up at.  Perhaps the Entity, right before dying and remembering how weak Lavos acutally was, decided to try another plan to defeat Lavos..it would be a close call, but "they" would defeat the monster right before he casts his ultimate "destruction rains from the heavens".  We never see the EoT or Spekkio again at the end of the game, perhaps Spekkio continued to exist despite not fighting Lavos, or maybe he and the EoT were sent to the DBT.  Poor Spekkio...
Wow, that was some fun speculation...heh

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Spekkio...
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2004, 08:01:58 pm »
There's at least one ending where you can see in the End of Time after defeating Lavos...Although not much seems to have changed, the gates dissapear after everyone enters their timeline. In the end there's like one left (or possibly three?). Other than that, not much looks changed. The room of Spekkios looks the same, although you can never go back in it to see...So it's possible that Spekkio left before Lavos was defeated...I guess...

Epsilon

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Spekkio...
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2004, 08:06:11 pm »
The End of Time is the temporal place of least resistance... How could that be a pocket dimension?