Author Topic: Spekkio...  (Read 41670 times)

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
Re: Spekkio...
« Reply #195 on: April 30, 2006, 09:58:36 am »
Moving right along....

Anyone have some amazing awesome theory about Spekkio that has not been discussed?

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: April 30, 2006, 10:11:19 am »
Moving right along....

Anyone have some amazing awesome theory about Spekkio that has not been discussed?
Here's a random connection: maybe Spekkio (Italian for "mirror") is related to the Mirror of Whispers from RD. Maybe they both come from the mysterious Realm of the Looking Glass that Magil seems to know. [/random]

The Dream of Gaspar theory is much more plausible though of course.

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: April 30, 2006, 12:20:29 pm »
Oh, speaking of Radical Dreamers, wouldn't it be more likely that he's related to that guy in the Gigaweapon scenario? Seeing as how Spekkio's a powerful warrior.

Mettall

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 02, 2006, 03:18:07 pm »
I may sound rather naive in believing this idea, but I think what Spekkio said was true. Maybe he's simply the God of War. He's just ended up at the End of Time, not to say other gods don't exist there either, just not at the 'Trainstop of Time' (It kinda reminds me of a train stop.). The reason I think he gave magic to the people of Zeal, (Prometheus and the gift of fire) is because he wants some bloodshed. War is good for him, peace isn't.  Obviously he knew that if Zeal never gained magic, Queen Zeal would have never have had her engineers have the skill to make the Mammon Machine. (Zeal is floating due to some magical enchantment. No enchantment can be made beyond magic, I think that can be agreed upon.) No Mammon Machine, no draining of Lavos, no conflict. And not just conflictless in 12,000 BC, but also in 600 AD. If Janus is not launched, the Mystic War is almost ruined. By having all the warships and stuff being made, it gave him pleasure/brownie points/etc.

Now, someone may ask, if he did that, why did he give Crono and the group magic to begin with? Simply put, that is good for business too. To give them magic, he gives more tools to use for killing. I know he isn't the god of the underworld, but war is war and conflict and strife seems to work in all that. But he can't exactly do it himself. If he goes and fights people (besides the small-scale battles with him and the party) then he probably won't get the kind of pleasure he would otherwise.

I think he is strong enough to take on Lavos, but if he did take on Lavos, then there would be no reason for all the strife. Crono and co. would not have their magic, they would not have went back in time beyond saving Marle and the future would have been all sunshine and smiles when they visited. Now who wants that beyond our heroes? Spekkio probably doesn't. Spekkio probably couldn't care beyond filling in his quota of war/peopledead/etc.

Unless my memory is bad and Spekkio was the god of something else.
« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 03:31:56 pm by Mettall »

ChronoMagus

• Chronopolitan (+300)
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 02, 2006, 06:57:36 pm »
Truth be told, I never viewed Spekkio as such a merciless being.  Thing that annoys me with that is he literally is a god.  Being a god, how could he lose against Crono and Co. when you fight him?

Mettall

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 02, 2006, 08:41:16 pm »
I know. The view heavily villainizes him, but I don't see why he should care entirely for the fate of the planet.

I don't think he actually LOSES, but decides you've proven your worth. Sorta like in any RPG when you fight someone who's really stronger than you by thousands or has limitless HP or something, but they quit when you've given it your all.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #201 on: May 03, 2006, 04:50:12 am »
So what you are saying is all this time Spekkio was the catalyst of Chrono Trigger :lee: It's a good idea, but I think he was just put in to give you the power of magic...nah. Maybe he was like a Lavos for another planet or something and he was thrown into the End of Time, and curse to help travellers and heros defeat bad guys. The way Gaspar told you in End of Time, it seems that its common for people to come there.

:lee:

GreenGannon

• Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 03, 2006, 12:35:11 pm »
THEORY: What if Spekkio was the final evolved form of the Lavos from the original timeline?

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 03, 2006, 06:23:12 pm »
THEORY: What if Spekkio was the final evolved form of the Lavos from the original timeline?

I like it. And what if Spekkio/Lavos has only acheived pneumic gnosis in this form and has only just now developed a superego to conflict with his instinctual Id, wishing for retribution for his deeds and to be undone?

Basically, what if Spekkio is Lavos acheiving the same Meaning of Life conclusion Schala did?

Mettall

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 03, 2006, 07:15:39 pm »
So what you are saying is all this time Spekkio was the catalyst of Chrono Trigger

Oh my, no. Beyond Lavos itself, I can't think of a SINGLE catalyst to the game. I mean, so much worked with it. The pendant, The Gurus, Zeal, everything.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #205 on: May 06, 2006, 05:46:05 am »
Superego=Spekkio
Id=Lavos
Ego=...Schala :P

I don't know, but the Id-Ego-Superego thing could well fit into this, as well as possibly a sort of...Dark Trinity

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 06, 2006, 04:36:37 pm »
Id=Lavos
Ego=Crono and co.
Superego=Schala

If anything ^

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #207 on: May 06, 2006, 05:14:29 pm »
Id=Lavos
Ego=Crono and co.
Superego=Schala

If anything ^

I'd say the Entity is also representitve of the Id, and the Gurus of the Superego.

Burning Zeppelin

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
    • Delicate Cutters
« Reply #208 on: May 07, 2006, 04:59:37 am »
Hmm yes, because the Entity is only thinking of a way to survive. Also, the planet could be the Id...
But what the hell, how are Entity, Crono and Lavos part of the same being?!

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: May 07, 2006, 12:27:26 pm »
You're the one who proposed the idea, dummy. Besides, it's symbolism.