Author Topic: Ayla and Leah have a relation?  (Read 4729 times)

Mavix

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • I'm the pirate and I make any fool walk the Plank.
    • View Profile
Ayla and Leah have a relation?
« on: September 19, 2006, 05:10:43 pm »
I was sitting and thinking and it came to me that Leah looks exactly the same as ayla in some features. And when you first meat leah in cc she's wearing the silver pendent. I she reated to Marle or ayla in anyway. Their has to be some type of connection.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile

Mavix

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Re: Ayla and Leah have a relation?
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2006, 05:36:42 pm »
thanks that explains alot. but what about the neckless she has . thats a royal neckles, marle wore it. how did leah get it?

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2006, 06:08:47 pm »
That's a very good question. It had always bothered me: is Leah wearing a random necklace or is it a Dreamstone pendant (or is it the Dreamstone pendant? or rather, the original Red Rock... rock?)? In the game and most artworks, Leah's necklace looks totally normal, with a raw blue gem. However, in this artwork, the rock is red like a Dreamstone. So, why is it red there? Is it just a mistake (that's hard to believe) or is it supposed to be the correct color? If so, then why is it blue in the game? Perhaps it was supposed to be Dreamstone but they scrapped that detail like they scrapped Guile's identity as Magus (but then is Leah related to Ayla or not?)? Lots of questions, but the answers are hard to find.

ChibiBob

« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2006, 01:36:12 am »
In all honesty, I think it was an attempt by the Chrono Cross programmers to wring some more recognization of the connection between the two games out of the Chrono Trigger crowd; however, whatever the intent was, it was very poorly thought out on their part. Unless the Entity just wrought temporal distortions for the hell of it before Lavos landed and Crono's adventures necessitated their existence, why Leah would be sent to Gaea's Navel from some time in prehistory is up for some serious debate. It could have been a deus ex machina (much like the red gate sending Lucca back in time to save her mother's legs) forcing her to the El Nido Archipelago to meet Serge and thus become inspired to continue her life and give birth to Ayla -- and that's pretty much the only logical explanation, since the article on Leah already addresses the point that she would be time-traveling long before Lavos landed on the planet and Ayla would be born.

In short:  big, fat, gaping plot hole. Either that or there are two Aylas wandering around out there. Pretty frightening thought.

Mavix

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2006, 12:04:50 pm »
this kinda makes since to both of your replys (chibibob, and chrono99)

Legend of the Past

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2006, 03:49:52 pm »
That's a very good question. It had always bothered me: is Leah wearing a random necklace or is it a Dreamstone pendant (or is it the Dreamstone pendant? or rather, the original Red Rock... rock?)? In the game and most artworks, Leah's necklace looks totally normal, with a raw blue gem. However, in this artwork, the rock is red like a Dreamstone. So, why is it red there?

On a similar note, Marle's Pendent in CT is shown ot have a blue gem in it in the artworks.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 06:15:28 pm »
I think it's because it's refined Dreamstone, like the Masamune blade. Raw Dreamstone is always red though (and called Red Rock).

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2006, 01:13:59 am »
I think it's because it's refined Dreamstone, like the Masamune blade. Raw Dreamstone is always red though (and called Red Rock).

The Red Knife is, well, red. Unless you think Melchior HAPPANED to find some random, knife shaped Dreamstone rock?

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2006, 05:36:17 am »
Yes, why not? From the artwork, Dreamstone is known to be sort of spiky and sharp.

But my point isn't really that. I meant that Dreamstone is normally red, can perhaps be manipulated and still be red, but effectively changes color when it's filled with enough energy (probably shouldn't have used to word "refined"). Since Leah is from Prehistory (?), she might not have had access to an energy powerful enough to change her gem color, especially if she's really Ayla's mother (adult Ayla in CT still had raw Red Rocks).

Anyway, it's not like we're arguing right? This thread and its questions are totally mysterious and exact answers are probably impossible to find.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2006, 04:46:15 pm »
Yes, why not? From the artwork, Dreamstone is known to be sort of spiky and sharp.

But my point isn't really that. I meant that Dreamstone is normally red, can perhaps be manipulated and still be red, but effectively changes color when it's filled with enough energy (probably shouldn't have used to word "refined"). Since Leah is from Prehistory (?), she might not have had access to an energy powerful enough to change her gem color, especially if she's really Ayla's mother (adult Ayla in CT still had raw Red Rocks).

Anyway, it's not like we're arguing right? This thread and its questions are totally mysterious and exact answers are probably impossible to find.

Not impossible, rather unlikely. We just need a fourth Chrono game.

Really, that would solve every problem in the world. EVERY PROBLEM. A fourth Chrono game could solve global warming.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2006, 06:40:19 pm »

Not impossible, rather unlikely. We just need a fourth Chrono game.

Really, that would solve every problem in the world. EVERY PROBLEM. A fourth Chrono game could solve global warming.

:D

I agree to the utmost extent. But do you really think it would tie every loose end up?

(i.e.) Does Magus return? Schala/Kid . . . or both? The Fall of Guardia? Harle?

There are many more...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2006, 06:54:52 pm »
Kato said the Fall of Guardia was a story for another time, and he also tried to get the new game made before leaving for Monolith Soft. So...he's got some story left yet.

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2006, 07:23:51 pm »
It's not like Kato is God so, could it be possible that it was he who scrapped the Chrono Break project? It's a secret to no one that Chrono Cross was kinda hard to make for him and his team. The results were the relatively awkward presentation of the story, the presence of evil plot dumps, and the removal of entire parts of the originally planned scenario (the identity of Magus as Guile, the involvement of Janus, the role of the Terra Tower statue, the real purpose of the Arbiter of Time for Lavos' ultimate evolution, etc.)... so, perhaps Kato actually cornered himself in a deadend... and don't know how to explain the Fall of Guardia as he originally wanted?
« Last Edit: September 28, 2006, 07:25:30 pm by Chrono'99 »

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 29, 2006, 01:24:41 am »
It's not like Kato is God so, could it be possible that it was he who scrapped the Chrono Break project? It's a secret to no one that Chrono Cross was kinda hard to make for him and his team. The results were the relatively awkward presentation of the story, the presence of evil plot dumps, and the removal of entire parts of the originally planned scenario (the identity of Magus as Guile, the involvement of Janus, the role of the Terra Tower statue, the real purpose of the Arbiter of Time for Lavos' ultimate evolution, etc.)... so, perhaps Kato actually cornered himself in a deadend... and don't know how to explain the Fall of Guardia as he originally wanted?

Maybe, but then he expressed desire to make another Chrono game. If nothing more, it could mean he wants to make the game IN ORDER to mend those mistakes and plot holes. Perhaps explain some (don't know about all)- it seems very much possible and not overly complicated to do, in terms of plot. Things can fit in.