Author Topic: Did Schala cross to our dimension?  (Read 8409 times)

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
Did Schala cross to our dimension?
« on: September 10, 2006, 02:34:46 am »
Most you have notice that in ending cutscene that there's blonde girl holding an Astral Amulet in the middle of Tokyo.  Is it possible that she cross our dimension using the Astral Amulet?

evirus

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: Did Schala cross to our dimension?
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2006, 10:18:36 am »
Most you have notice that in ending cutscene that there's blonde girl holding an Astral Amulet in the middle of Tokyo.  Is it possible that she cross our dimension using the Astral Amulet?

well it would make sense from the credits movie obviously. i dont see any thing that would prevent her from doing that. even if she needed to be involved with the orignal split between the "real" deminsion and Chrono deminsions, prehaps something from lavos rubbed off on her in that respect

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2006, 11:24:01 am »
Check the Lab maps from 2300 A.D. There are crosswalks and ruined cars. She merely went to the future.

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2006, 02:54:16 pm »
I'm with Zeality with this, though yes, I guess she could travel to our universe if she felt like it. She does seem to currently possess reality warping powers.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2006, 06:40:20 pm »
Check the Lab maps from 2300 A.D. There are crosswalks and ruined cars. She merely went to the future.

I'm not exactally with you on this one.

I don't remember the future having a "primitive" rail road system, or a rail road system at all. We definitely know that they used cars.

Also, Schala's ending quote where she says something on the lines of "lets open the doors to another reality, and live again another day". Well, she it's taken literally, and possibly it is, she crossed dimensions and is looking for Serge here. It'd nicely wrap up the whole bond between Schala and Serge, kind of like the search Magus went through for Schala.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2006, 07:20:22 am »
But why did she cross to our dimension?  If she's looking for Magus, there's little or no chance that she'll find him.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2006, 06:24:06 pm »
Who said Schala was warped to whatever time/dimension she's currently in on purpose? She could've been randomly thrown there by the Chrono Cross's effects.

Mavix

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • I'm the pirate and I make any fool walk the Plank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2006, 03:35:46 pm »
Excactly the power of chrono cross effects is unprobebal. she could've went anywere.

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2006, 05:19:29 pm »
Well, it can't be the Chrono Cross' fault. It is stated to only have the power to unite things, unite minds, heal (could be mental or physical) and merge things that were once two or just reset them to their original.

Anyway, Schala's ending journal passage hints that she believes in reincarnation, and that would mean that Serge could be reincarnated anywhere. Hence, she is looking in our dimension is well. It was a really ingenious thing to do - connecting the journal to the ending cinematics. If you understand the journal, then you'd understand the cinematics. Probably from her fruitless effort in the present of our dimension, the turning back clocks could mean that she will look in it's past.
Her goal is to find Serge (but I sometimes think Magus anyway) in any time, in any place, in any reality.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 05:22:14 pm by Zaperking »

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2006, 07:43:30 pm »
Well, it can't be the Chrono Cross' fault. It is stated to only have the power to unite things, unite minds, heal (could be mental or physical) and merge things that were once two or just reset them to their original.

Well, Schala's been outside the time stream for like, 13,000 years, and is no longer the original Schala that left the timeline. The Chrono Cross probably doesn't know what to do with her.

Anyway, Schala's ending journal passage hints that she believes in reincarnation, and that would mean that Serge could be reincarnated anywhere. Hence, she is looking in our dimension is well. It was a really ingenious thing to do - connecting the journal to the ending cinematics. If you understand the journal, then you'd understand the cinematics. Probably from her fruitless effort in the present of our dimension, the turning back clocks could mean that she will look in it's past.
Her goal is to find Serge (but I sometimes think Magus anyway) in any time, in any place, in any reality.

That's all just speculation and assumption.

Legend of the Past

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2006, 09:25:43 am »

I'm not exactally with you on this one.

I don't remember the future having a "primitive" rail road system, or a rail road system at all. We definitely know that they used cars.

Actually, in the Dead Sea there's a train section. You know, the ghost that muses about missing the train. The Dead Sea and 2300 A.D. are roughly the same in terms of what we'll find in there (other than the obvious changes of the Tower of Geddon and the Frozen Flame). Technology-wise, anything we'll find in the Dead Sea we should be able to locate in the ruin future, 2300 A.D.

evirus

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2006, 11:02:24 am »

Well, Schala's been outside the time stream for like, 13,000 years, and is no longer the original Schala that left the timeline. The Chrono Cross probably doesn't know what to do with her.

That's all just speculation and assumption.

trust me, everything on this site is speculation and assumption, the resualt of the devlopers not fleshing out every little odd and end in the game to the point where there are no questions about even the slightest thing, see "nu". we are just doing what we can and the whole speculation and assumption arguement just negates everything we have ever theorised

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2006, 02:20:50 pm »
Well duh, but most speculation and assumption has some basis in fact. That was just conjured out of the imagination with no basis at all.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2006, 05:42:55 am »
Who said Schala was warped to whatever time/dimension she's currently in on purpose? She could've been randomly thrown there by the Chrono Cross's effects.

But random warping contradicts the fact in Chrono Cross that in order to cross dimension you must find a hotspot(call it dimensional gate if you might will) then use the Astral Amulet to open the gate.  The gate didn't throw you randomly like you said if you recall the game.

AuraTwilight

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2006, 03:00:41 pm »
But random warping contradicts the fact in Chrono Cross that in order to cross dimension you must find a hotspot(call it dimensional gate if you might will) then use the Astral Amulet to open the gate.  The gate didn't throw you randomly like you said if you recall the game.

Well I'm not talking about the GATE, am I? I'm talking about the Chrono Cross. There's more than one way to cross time, so I'm sure there's more than one way to cross dimensions.