Author Topic: Story, Plot and Chapter Names  (Read 9986 times)

TheOutlaw

• Guardian (+100)
  • Run like it is Godzilla!
    • View Profile
Re: Story
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2007, 05:53:05 pm »
And as for the character to kill, we had already thought about damien, which is a bonus for two reasons
A)he's not the main character
B)he's going to hold value as a character of worth interacting with prominant characters
C)he's the character with the light element, so the player should have seen this coming

btw we leave him for dead
"Damian 2 is twice the man Damien 1 was" (a la "Beerfest")

satchel_dawg

Re: Story, Plot and Chapter Names
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2007, 02:07:03 pm »
ok after working on this in notepad, i have a possible novel chapter like story that could happen that would kill Arris after defeating Queen Zeal. this establish's a romance between Guile and Arris, and also reveal's the importance of Flea. it also establish's Damien's hate toward Guile.
this has alot of spelling error's and word might not appear for some strange reason. sorry about the spelling mistakes, i typed this really fast on notepad.
         part one
Queen Zeal looked scornfully upon the three, grinning like a gargoyle.

Queen Zeal: i may not be able to defeat you, but i know someone that can.

Suddenly without warning the room changes to the color blue, and the floor became transparent. the three had been transported to a pocket demension, one in which Lavos prosided in.

the queen looked apon the three and screamed:
" You shall all perish!"

the three instantly went in to battle, but within a moments time they relized how useless there elements were against Lavos. Lavos's eye looked back and forth across the faces of the three, and widened when it saw the girl which Lavos had known was called Arris.

Spark's flashed in a circle around her, and she was being pulled toward the tormented creature.
    Schala put her hands to her face, and the room seemed to change.she could see herself being pulled toward Lavos, with the queen laughing atop him, and Janus passed out on the floor, and there floating above them all was a warrior.
The red haired warriors sword dropped from his hands, and the warrior disepeared, all of it did.
schala closed her eye's.

Arris: Help me!

Schala's eye's shot wide open and could see everything clearly.

Guile: What's happening Schala?

Schala: Arris is, is, an Arbitur. Lavos is going to try to bind with her.

Arris: and what happens if he does?

Schala's face looked grim and she uttered this sentence:

Then all of time and space will be destroyed.

Guile looked at Arris and then fell to his knee's.

Guile: I'm sorry Arris.

He opened his hands and the elements were unleashed upon Arris.
She put her hands up to cover her face and in an instant she was ingulfed in a dark shadow, and she disappeared.

A giant portal appeared in the floor, and Guile and Schala were sucked into the blue vortex.
faintly a cobblestone floor became apparent, and then shadow's cast from a tall streetlamp. Schala opened her eye's and saw Spekkio and the rest of the group standing over her and Guile.

Spekkio: Miss Schala, you nearly gave me a heart attack, that portal nearly blew us all away.

Damien: what happened?

Flea: and where's Arris?

Schala looked upon there faces.

Schala: she's dead.

everyone gasped in shock at the very upsetting anouncement. Damien turned away from the group.

Spekkio: How?

Guile: I, i, used my element's against her.
a lone tear came to Guile's left eye, and he walked acrossthe floor away from the group.

Schala: Lavos was trying to bind with Arris, and Guile did the only thing he could do to stop it.

Flea's face turned pale, but within a minute turned to it's natural shade of tan.

Flea: There is a way to get her back.

everyone turned toward her.

Flea:Pocket demension's are very tricky, most time's when someone dies and are important to the space time conium a time egg would be used to save that person, but Gasper never completed the time egg. which is why the Guru of Love was created.

Spekkio: i've never heard of the Guru of Love.

Flea: well that's because only two were ever appointed, me, and Marcy. before Marcy came to Aeos in the great migration of Zeal we became appointed as Guru's of Love, because of the family love sister's share througout life.

Guile: Wait, you mean sweet little three year old Marcy is a Guru?

Flea: correct, i think if we see her then we could find a way to get Arris back.

Schala: then let's go already.

Flea, Guile, and Schala traveled to the far portal leading to Aeos.

Part Two (optional to gameplay)

the three steeped in to the mainhall of Luccia's orphanage. the air full of smoke and thick with fear, the three could see there was a fire rampaging through the building.
A fiery bat came flying in off the ceiling. Schala formed the Orb and threw at the bat, hitting it head on. the bat disappated and the fire on the stairs disapeared.

Flea: Oh great another mission. it's as if this was done to stop us from reachng Marcy.
Guile: Either way we have to head up those stairs.

the three made the long perilous journey upwords, battling Bat's and other beast.

Finally after reaching the top floor Schala spotted the water release for the fire alarm. they walked to it, but a monster jumped right in front of it, a monster we know as Son od a Gun.

the three went into battle, avoiding the breaking beam's in the floor. they each tossed there element's at the monster, only to have the monster return it's own element.

Schala: well this is'nt working.

Guile pulled out his dagger and threw it at the water release switch. then water started falling from thew ceiling, exstinguishing fire's and defeating the fire monster.

Flea: That's much better.

the three continued up the next flight of stairs. the air became more clear and soft.
they reached a door at the top, and entered, there in the middle of the room stood Luccia and Marcy.

Marcy: Oh big sister you're back.
Flea: yes i am.
they hugged and were crying with tear's of joy.

Luccia: i'm assuming you came for help?

Marcy: Oh Luccia you didn't have to spoil the moment, but oh well. So big sister who has died?
Flea: Arris Ashtear of the future.

Luccia: and is he (pointing to Guile) the one she loved?

Flea: i feel there love, i know he is the one.
Marcy: Good we can begin.
Luccia: Stand here boy.

Guile did as he was told.

Flea: know you see guile, when you killed Arris you actually kind of just pushed her away, she didn't quite die, she was just forced into a secondary pocket demension that existed in another demension.
Marcy: of course most demnsions as those are usually unaxcessibe, but with the love you posses for each other you can create a link to here.

the girl's raised there hands and started to float. the rug bebeath Guile changed color, and before he knew it he was being pulled into a small vortex.

He fell from the ceiling, into a zeal like room. to the side sat a old musty bed, and on top of it lay Arris. Guile walked over and kneeled over her.

Guile: i'm sorry Arris, i just didn't know how to save you. i did the only thing i could think of.
Arris seemed to be getting grayier and before Guile could stop her she became transparent.
Guile sat in a corner of the room crying out to Arris.

Guile: Arris please don't go, i want to be with you, you changed my life, and you gave me so much. please don't leave me, because if you do then, then i'll, i'll.
Arris's voice came thundering from the heavens:
you'll what?

Guile: never be able to tell you that, I love you.

Guile felt as if she had completely left him, but then out of the air came sparkling star's coming toward Guile, they came to Guile's side and formed into Arris.

Arris: I forgive you Guile. know let's leave here, and save all of time.

the two got up from the corner.

Guile: i wonder how we leave here?

the two looked around and saw no visible exit. Arris went up to the cabinet in the far corner and opened the door's.
a blue light engulfed the two, and they reappeared in Luccia's orphanage.

Schala and Flea came rushing up to them.

Schala: Oh Arris you're alive.
Arris: Thanks to Guile, he gave me life again.

the group of four went back to meet the other's. the group crowded around Arris , meanwhile Schala pulled Spekkio into the side room.

Spekkio: you wanted to talk?
Schala: Yes, it's about the vision i had when fighting Lavos. what was it?
Spekkio: Most likely you and the other's touched another demension, you see in this universe in which we live in, when two point's meet together from different demension's
the world's make a connection.
Schala: so, what i saw was from the original timeline?
Spekikio: quite possibly so. the fact you expiernced it gives proof there is still hope of rejoining the worlds together.
Schala: i have a bad feeling about it though, like there's more to it then we know.
Spekkio: i don't know, we'll find out soon enough.

ofcourse some will have to be changed to fit the plot more if it's used.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 02:09:38 pm by satchel_dawg »

justin3009

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2007, 03:46:22 pm »
Although the dialogue is very good, Arris is not going to die.  She's the comic relief and deserves to live.  Plus we already have one person dieing >_>...

TheOutlaw

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2007, 03:47:29 pm »
Sadly we can't kill Arris She's the comic relief.
we've already marked Damien for Death, right when you discover that the real enemy has tricked you into helping him. And he kills Damien.

We intend for Damien's death scene to be a mindblowing plot twist (especially since you discover you've been helping the enemy), since he has been around since the beginning of the game. And he is even the one who introduces you to the man who betrays you.

satchel_dawg

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2007, 10:15:02 pm »
Well i didn't really think you'd want to do it, plus i just needed practice anyhow.

I was wondering, throughout the story who will Guile ultimately come to love?
i was wondering just because crono had marle, serge had kid.
i'm kind of assuming Arris, mainly for the reason in the original timeline schala/kid love serge, and Flea is a mystic, and the way Arris life was set up it seems in the original timeline they have a better chance of being together.
i just wanted to know because througout the dialouge i was trying to figure out who to direct Guile's affection to.

satchel_dawg

« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2007, 10:24:59 pm »
hey i was wondering also if anymore of the story was done? i would appreciate if someone would send me updated story, that way i can start dialouge on it, and that way i'll have time to refine it to perfection.

TheOutlaw

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2007, 10:26:10 pm »
We've been toying with the notion of Guile falling in love with an NPC, we know it's RPG taboo
(Hell Link never does anything but rescue the princess)
It'd be interesting to use a childhood friend as a love interest and motive for saving the world
It's in the works
Since everyone but Guile in the TT dimension is pre-fated, it could be someone in the human dominate dimension. a chanced meeting. shortly after Damien Ditches guile after saving him.
Were still ironing the wrinkles.

justin3009

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2007, 10:28:08 pm »
Damien and Arris is a definate.  I was aiming for Guile and Schala.

TheOutlaw

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2007, 11:04:43 pm »
Ah and SD, Justin and I will be getting onto the story soon enough.
right after i finish Slash's Pants, and we redo Damien's Hair (res it was too big fr the game, his hair was the size of Texas). We'll have the basic sprites done for all characters, except Flea who might get axed if she doesn't watch herself.
Flea might not end up being Flea at all, a completely different female mage. And Slash's Name might end up being changed but that's about it.
So we could be on that tomorrow, and probably at least by friday.

TheOutlaw

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2007, 03:24:39 pm »
Well SD will be glad to know, we've chosen on Guile's love interest...
and it is an NPC. he is going to meet her fairly early in the game, most likely in the town Damien drops him off in.
We're debating
A her name
B how these two meet
C who helps who
D if this should develop into a small quest.

she'll be a reoccuring character
until she dies, and that become the motive for destroying the controller of TT dimension, because since she has a clone in there, if the controller dies, she has all the memories of the other girl, she just doesn't have access to them. because she is just currently under control.
Seems that TT dimension will be making fun of old school RPG npc dialogue for a little bit.

justin3009

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 10, 2007, 03:29:28 pm »
And we'd also like to say, we've officially Axed Flea.  She just wasn't fitting in and was shunned.  So we're replacing her with someone from the Dino Timeline.  (It'll be human don't worry) >_>

TheOutlaw

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 10, 2007, 04:13:50 pm »
She'll be leading the human resistance against the dino regime.
Viva las resistance.

satchel_dawg

« Reply #27 on: August 10, 2007, 06:27:36 pm »
i feel sorry for Flea, but she was kind of out there to begin with.

i do think one of the hero's should be some sort of guru, or maybe not official guru but has insight that the other's don't know about (other than schala). just a suggestion though.

Well SD will be glad to know, we've chosen on Guile's love interest...
and it is an NPC. he is going to meet her fairly early in the game, most likely in the town Damien drops him off in.
We're debating
A her name
B how these two meet
C who helps who
D if this should develop into a small quest.

she'll be a reoccuring character
until she dies, and that become the motive for destroying the controller of TT dimension, because since she has a clone in there, if the controller dies, she has all the memories of the other girl, she just doesn't have access to them. because she is just currently under control.
Seems that TT dimension will be making fun of old school RPG npc dialogue for a little bit.

i'm really glad it wasn't schala, in the original she has serge. and she wouldn't cheat, even in an alternate demension.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2007, 06:31:45 pm by satchel_dawg »

justin3009

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 10, 2007, 06:37:01 pm »
We're having all the important NPC's have the full 6-7 frames of walk.

justin3009

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2007, 03:49:38 pm »
One question, if Guile wasn't being controlled, how would the prophetic book fit in.  Since it's basically stating his fate was set in stone and is being controlled >__>..