Author Topic: A Lavo-centric worldview of the Chrono universe  (Read 4601 times)

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
A Lavo-centric worldview of the Chrono universe
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2004, 09:49:00 pm »
Conceivably, the two versions could still be compatible.

The death of the King would have begun the "destabilization" process in the Queen. Unless the Japanese gives a time frame under which her sanity degraded, the death could be seen as a marker. When the Mammon Machine was completed, that could have been the moment she totally snapped. Before the Mammon Machine, the Queen was searching for immortality - afterward, she had found it and it was only a matter of seizing it.

Much like being thirsty. You're looking for water and that consumes your attention. Once you've found a source, your search is over, and you rush to get it. There's a difference in the two mental stages.

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2004, 10:07:46 pm »
Conceivably, the two versions could still be compatible.

The death of the King would have begun the "destabilization" process in the Queen. Unless the Japanese gives a time frame under which her sanity degraded, the death could be seen as a marker. When the Mammon Machine was completed, that could have been the moment she totally snapped. Before the Mammon Machine, the Queen was searching for immortality - afterward, she had found it and it was only a matter of seizing it.

Much like being thirsty. You're looking for water and that consumes your attention. Once you've found a source, your search is over, and you rush to get it. There's a difference in the two mental stages.

Good point.  I think you can actually see the transition from the first mental instability to the second.  When i first met the Queen, i got an "impatient" vibe from her (almost immediately trusting Magus under the guise of a Prophet, banishing the gurus, executing everyone who stands against her even the slightest bit).  It kept getting more intense until the party catches up to her in the Ocean Palace, where she is at the point of killing her own daughter unless she obeys her orders.  When the Queen encounters Lavos, the impatient attitude leaves; replaced by psychotic enjoyment of everyone else's pain (scene where Magus is defeated and Crono is killed) and a sick sense of absolute power (revels in having immortality and basically handing over her existence to Lavos [2300 A.D. Black Omen].
  wow, that was just one big waste of space, sorry for the rant.

Daggart

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2004, 01:48:09 am »
Just a quick sidenote on Lavos's size. it was stated taht when he errupts he's the size of some of the domes in the future. What you have to remember is, according to that same world map, Crono is a giant. I think the more accurate representation of his size is shown in the actual fight with him. I don't recal there being much growth if you consiter that.

Faulce

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2004, 11:48:03 am »
Actually there is significant growth, look at the Lavos Spawn, they are tinyish in comparison, besides, the internal evolutionary growth is the point, not the shells growth, that could just represent age or something.  Quick question: why is it when the party enters Lavos's shell that they fall some great distance into a cavernous-looking area? Where is this huge belly that Lavos apparently has?