Author Topic: An insane theory  (Read 5324 times)

but2002

• Enlightened One (+200)
  • Death Omen.
    • View Profile
An insane theory
« on: September 02, 2006, 09:18:52 pm »
Many believed once that Lavos created the gates, but it was later suggested that it was the entity that created them. but what if Lavos is the Entity?
He just came to this planet to test us.
Ayla does say. "Win and live, Lose and Die. Rule of life, No change rule!"
Lavos came to see if the people of this planet were worthy of living, he came by a timegate, from who knows what other time, or dimention, and decided that he needed to create a possible way for his defeat ( the Time-Gates on Earth ) and the the "Red Star" would be the Giant Portal through which he came.

If Lavos truly is the Entity, he only came here to dominate, Fairly though..  ^^

Daid

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: An insane theory
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2006, 10:40:37 pm »
That is an Insane Theory,
But it's crazy enough it might just be true ^_^

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2006, 01:38:49 pm »
The whole point of the Entity is that Lavos' actions are killing it. Lavos wouldn't kill himself. There are also Gates that appear before Lavos' arrival, so he can't be the Entity. It's impossible.

CC Shows us that the Planet is a conscious being. Lavos is harming the Planet. In CC the Planet demonstrates spacetime abilities. Lavos and the Planet are diametrically opposed. Thus,

Planet = Entity.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2006, 06:56:16 pm »
There are also Gates that appear before Lavos' arrival, so he can't be the Entity.
While the rest of your post is true, this particular statement makes no sense. The purpose of a time gate is to travel in time, so if Lavos could create a gate, why couldn't he create a gate leading to the past? Moreover, the Entity created gates because Lavos is harming it, but as you yourself point it there's a gate that appears before Lavos' arrival, before Lavos harms it.

evirus

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2006, 02:34:40 pm »
you must remember that the gates orignaly arn't one sided they have an entrance and an exit that one must discover before ending up at the end of time. i equate the gates as rips and tairs in the "deminsional fabric" although lavos probably didn't willingly create these, they probably where the resualts of lavos's activaties. a being such as lavos would probably make up a large amount of the "energy" in the deminsion having such a massive amount of "energy" active might cause the amount of distortions we see in CT.

plus you make the mistake that just because lavos isn't on the planet dosn't mean he can effect it willingly or unwillingly, depending on how fast lavos travels through space it should be possable that him destroying another planet before comming to earth could have caused the prehystoric gate.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2006, 02:58:17 pm »
...The planet is the Entity. Too much evidence goes towards this, and we wouldn't be having this discussion if the CT translation were more accurate. Let's not go back to pre-Compendium Chrono community days and start discussing the Entity.

evirus

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2006, 03:07:06 pm »
...The planet is the Entity. Too much evidence goes towards this, and we wouldn't be having this discussion if the CT translation were more accurate. Let's not go back to pre-Compendium Chrono community days and start discussing the Entity.
but the only evidence that "the entity" was invovled in the creation of the gates is by only one small peice of dialog in CT. can you tell me if it i mentioned anywhere elese?

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2006, 03:09:01 pm »
but the only evidence that "the entity" was invovled in the creation of the gates is by only one small peice of dialog in CT. can you tell me if it i mentioned anywhere elese?

All I remember is that Lucca mentions it twice - once in the campfire scene, and during the ending.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2006, 03:38:41 pm »
No matter how many times they blame Lavos for the Gates, remember that the Entity discussion starts off with Robo saying "I don't think Lavos is responsible for the Gates." What more is needed? Is Robo an habitual liar?

grey_the_angel

• Alternate Primary Member
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • CC:ALSAT project leader/sole member >.>
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2006, 03:54:00 pm »
No matter how many times they blame Lavos for the Gates, remember that the Entity discussion starts off with Robo saying "I don't think Lavos is responsible for the Gates." What more is needed? Is Robo an habitual liar?
yes. yes he is. he burned my toast and blamed lucca.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #10 on: September 07, 2006, 04:12:51 pm »
yes. yes he is. he burned my toast and blamed lucca.

...  :lee: Good lord...he got you too? He messed up my garden with his 'farming'.

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 06:14:17 pm »
I am taking History of China and Japan in college right now (I just started up college for the first time ever!!) and I actually read the first couple chapters of the textbook and there are many referances of East Asian culture referring to this planet as being some sort of supreme entity.

Coincidence? Any similarities or relations to anyone elses studies?

AuraTwilight

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2006, 06:25:44 pm »
It's a coincidence.

Furthermore, if anything, it's taking off Gaia theory from the greeks.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 07, 2006, 06:31:52 pm »
The Gaia Theory was invented by the British James Lovelock in the 20th century, it has nothing to do with the Greeks apart from the borrowed name.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2006, 03:48:52 am »
Japanese has a religion that worships both nature & ancestry which explain the planet as the supreme entity. Morelikely, the makers of CT borrow this idea & apply this to the story.