Author Topic: Quite a few questions  (Read 937 times)

Crowmeister

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Quite a few questions
« on: August 29, 2006, 04:21:23 am »
I started CC last week, I played it through one time years ago but I wanted to brush up :)
Anyway, I think I understand most of the story and plot although I have a lot of unawnsered questions and how/why's maybe you can help me with :D

1. Why did time split in two when Lynx tried to drown Serge?
2. What happened with Chrono Lucca and Marle? Were they really defeated by Porre? In the PSX FMV you can see the last Guardia person be destroyed, why would Chrono a man who cheated death and defeated Lavos loose to normal soldiers?
3. Why did Prometheus lock off the Frozen Flame when Serge came into contact with it?
4. Why did the Time Crash Occur?
5. Why did Miguel stay in Chronopolis, and where exactly was he when the party encountered him?
6. Why was Harle created? To find the Frozen Flame as well?
7. What was the Dragon God's goal in this time period? To get back? To rule this world?
8. How did Serge get back from Chronopolis? He was 3!
9. Who was Doria/Dorien (sp) in Masamune? Was she the 'spirit' of the Sea Swallow?
10. Was FATE evil? Or did she became evil?
11. What was Project Kid? Was it just the entire plan of Serge defeating the Time Devourer?

Zaperking

• Radical Dreamer (+2000)
    • View Profile
Re: Quite a few questions
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 10:24:38 am »
I started CC last week, I played it through one time years ago but I wanted to brush up :)
Anyway, I think I understand most of the story and plot although I have a lot of unawnsered questions and how/why's maybe you can help me with :D

1. Why did time split in two when Lynx tried to drown Serge?
2. What happened with Chrono Lucca and Marle? Were they really defeated by Porre? In the PSX FMV you can see the last Guardia person be destroyed, why would Chrono a man who cheated death and defeated Lavos loose to normal soldiers?
3. Why did Prometheus lock off the Frozen Flame when Serge came into contact with it?
4. Why did the Time Crash Occur?
5. Why did Miguel stay in Chronopolis, and where exactly was he when the party encountered him?
6. Why was Harle created? To find the Frozen Flame as well?
7. What was the Dragon God's goal in this time period? To get back? To rule this world?
8. How did Serge get back from Chronopolis? He was 3!
9. Who was Doria/Dorien (sp) in Masamune? Was she the 'spirit' of the Sea Swallow?
10. Was FATE evil? Or did she became evil?
11. What was Project Kid? Was it just the entire plan of Serge defeating the Time Devourer?

1) Serge is known as the arbiter. The game implies that his actions will destroy or save the future. Also, Lynx drowning Serge didn't cause the time split. In the future after his death, Belthasar sends Kids back in time, hence Serge is saved. This may have contributed to the dimensional split.
2) Lucca gets abducted in 1015AD by Lynx. The game implies that she died, but Home World's Lucca make have lived (I posted the evidence for it on another thread). Marle and Chrono's fate is unknown. Masato implied that they were involved in something, but didn't give any further details. As for the other characters. Frog and Ayla would have died. Magus is looking for Schala, and CC was supposed to have him appear, but they decided not to. Robo is the Promethius Circuit in FATE.
3) Belthasar mapped all of history out. In order to unleash a chain of events to cause Serge to be killed by Lynx etc etc, Belthasar installed the Promethius Lock in FATE, which it did not know about, as another procaution to keep it from going rouge. Should it attempt to do something wrong, the Flame will be locked from FATE by the Promethius Lock. Also, Serge gained arbiter status from the promethius lock aswell.
4) Because Belthasar needed it to happen to set of his plan. He knew what Lavos would do. Upon activation of the Frozen Flame to activate the counter time experiment, Lavos started pulling Chronopolis back to 12,000BC or some other time so that if history was changed drastically, maybe his death would to and he'd come back into existance. Chronopolis, though, disactivated the flame in time.
5) Miguel was held captive. He was killed in Another World by FATE. In Home World, FATE bound him to the Dead Sea to be a look out for it.
6) Harle was created on the night when Schala unleashed the storm above Chronopolis. The physical Frozen Flame lost contact with Chronopolis, and the Dragon Gods had a chance to use their powers. They created Harle to spy on FATE, make friends with Lynx and then steal the Frozen Flame from it.
7) The Dragon God, as the Dragonians, thought that the humans were hurting the planet. The Dragon God thinks that Lavos and his progeny (humans) are destroying the planet, and hence it wants to destory them.
8) I think he was 5 - 8 at the time. Anyway, with the last of his sanity, Wazuki got Serge onto the boat with himself, and Schala's power probably cast a wave to send them out of the Sea of Eden.
9) Doreen, if you had played CT, was the sister of Masa and Mune. Masa and Mune are the spirits that dwelled in the Masamune.
10) FATE wasn't really evil. She was the protector of humanity, but it may have been that she lost her sanity to the flame over time. Her end goal was to get the flame back at all costs, and create her own spieces, or reincarnate herself (I had thought as a human). FATE, being a part of the mother brain series, tends to retain her old psychotic nature.
11) Project Kid was designed to free Schala from Lavos. If not, the Time Devourer would one day evolve and time would have been eaten up.

Crowmeister

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Re: Quite a few questions
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 10:34:47 am »
Excelent! Thanks so much, this explains a great deal. Ill also keep reading the main site for additional information