Author Topic: Things that ya love, da-awg  (Read 9248 times)

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
Re: Things that ya love, da-awg
« Reply #45 on: October 07, 2006, 03:09:56 am »
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/18533455/?qo=2836&q=Sephiroth

SSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT

SO HOT

SO HOT

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH WOW

The sunglassess really complete the look.

I love 2d platformers. There is a simple joy to the older game mechanics. They're mature and polished. I just finished Megaman ZX, and it was worth every minute. Now to play through with Allie...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 07, 2006, 03:14:01 am »
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/18533455/?qo=2836&q=Sephiroth

SSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTTTTTTTTT

SO HOT

SO HOT

OOOOOOOOHHHHHHHH WOW

The sunglassess really complete the look.

I love 2d platformers. There is a simple joy to the older game mechanics. They're mature and polished. I just finished Megaman ZX, and it was worth every minute. Now to play through with Allie...

Ah, heck. I knew someone would jab that post by alleging that I was referring to the male in that picture.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #47 on: October 07, 2006, 03:36:51 am »
Yeah, girls cosplaying as guys is pretty hawt...I think I remember seeing a few girls as Vincent once or twice...I think Nomura specifically makes his character designs cosplay-accessable...>_>

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 07, 2006, 07:59:46 am »
Yeah, girls cosplaying as guys is pretty hawt...I think I remember seeing a few girls as Vincent once or twice...I think Nomura specifically makes his character designs cosplay-accessable...>_>

Especially if those girls are japanese.  Female japanese cosplayers look better & hotter than I've seen so far.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 11, 2006, 11:52:58 pm »
I love this quote:

I sense no more glory.
It was glory brought
on by Porre, anyway.

Really made you feel like the Chrono world was expansive.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2006, 02:45:42 pm »
I love this quote:

I sense no more glory.
It was glory brought
on by Porre, anyway.

Really made you feel like the Chrono world was expansive.

Indeed.

Oh, and I love Fridays. ^_^

CrazyEyes

• Iokan (+1)
  • Don't Hassle The Hoff
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2006, 05:19:42 am »
I love:
Fridays (especially Friday nights)
Holidays (Christmas is the best)
Really good RPGs (Chrono Trigger, Breath Of Fire 2, Final Fantasy VII)
Good television (Hells Kitchen, X-Factor, American Idol)

Solid_Choke

• Earthbound (+15)
  • The Autodidact
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2006, 08:19:42 pm »
Didn't we already have that sort of discussion in Frog Talks Like Shakespear or something?

Anarcho-Capitalism! That is almost as crazy as Anarcho-Islam or Anarcho-Christianity! Anarcho-Communism rocks though. Or Anarchism in the UK.
I would have to say that there is no such things as anarcho-communism or anarcho-capitalism in the real world in the long run. In order to distribute labor such as a communism requires there has to be an authority(which would in essence be a "state"). In anarcho-capitalism security companies would rise to meet the demand for security and would consolidate into a security monopoly which would also effectively be a state. Minarchism in the very least would result from anarcho-capitalism and a full fledged governing state would appear eventually out of necessity in an anarcho-communist setting. I think a capitalist minarchy would be the best compromise because although communes can exist peacefully in a capitalist state, capitalism can not exist peacefully in a communist state.

I love:
lifting weights
submission wrestling
watching MMA
when things "just work out for the better"
friday nights
grean tea ice cream
sushi
my girlfriend

« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 08:24:46 pm by Solid_Choke »

Radical_Dreamer

• Entity
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
    • The Chrono Compendium
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2006, 08:24:13 pm »
Didn't we already have that sort of discussion in Frog Talks Like Shakespear or something?

Anarcho-Capitalism! That is almost as crazy as Anarcho-Islam or Anarcho-Christianity! Anarcho-Communism rocks though. Or Anarchism in the UK.
I would have to say that there is no such things as anarcho-communism or anarcho-capitalism in the real world in the long run. In order to distribute labor such as a communism requires there has to be an authority(which would in essence be a "state"). In anarcho-capitalism security companies would rise to meet the demand for security and would consolidate into a security monopoly which would also effectively be a state. Minarchism in the very least would result from anarcho-capitalism and a full fledged governing state would appear eventually out of necessity in an anarcho-communist setting. I think a capitalist minarchy would be the best compromise because although communes can exist peacefully in a capitalist state, capitalism can not exist peacefully in a communist state.

Prior to the recent take over by the Islamic courts, Somalia had been in a state of anarcho-capitalism. The militias never did form a security monopoly. They more or less kept to their territory, at least to the degree that there was no monopoly on security.

Solid_Choke

• Earthbound (+15)
  • The Autodidact
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2006, 08:28:33 pm »

Prior to the recent take over by the Islamic courts, Somalia had been in a state of anarcho-capitalism. The militias never did form a security monopoly. They more or less kept to their territory, at least to the degree that there was no monopoly on security.
Let me quote myself "in the long run"
Also the argument could be made that each of those militias is a "state"
According to Webster a state is "a politically organized body of people usually occupying a definite territory"

So what I said holds true. The militias become a local monopoly on security i.e. a state. Not only that but it did not persist in the long run.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2006, 08:31:08 pm by Solid_Choke »

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2006, 09:39:19 pm »
I have a new love for omlettes and making them. I currently add several different cheeses (both white and yellow in a variety of which I can no longer name), pastrami, and cut up veggie burgers (Morningstar all the way, fuckers!)...mmm...

Honestly, I just made this so that I'd go home and eat something yummy. ^_^

I also love Arthur Conan Doyle's Sherlock Holmes series of stories...I'm about to re-launch into them by reading the new annoted books (I had previously read them regular, one of them w/the old annotations, and the new annoted "novels"). It'll be a lovely nerd-out session.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2006, 09:42:34 pm »
I love the 80's.

Lord J Esq

• Moon Stone J
  • Hero of Time (+5000)
  • ^_^ "Ayla teach at college level!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2006, 09:56:29 pm »
I love the moment when people see through the grit and corruption of politics to recognize the vast opportunities of investing themselves--both their awareness and their ambitions--in the governance of societies.

On a more casual but not unrelated note, I love big Democratic victories. Here's hoping for the end of twelve years of Republican Congressional rule tonight!

Corey Taylor

• Guardian (+100)
  • # 8 Corey Taylor SlipKnoT
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2006, 12:00:48 am »
I love....hmmmm.......
  • Lord J
  • Burning Zeppelin
  • Ramsus
  • ZeaLitY
  • Radical_Dreamer
  • V_Translanka
  • Pyt Fumv
  • Grey the Angel
  • Solid_Choke
  • Nightmare
Do I have to keep going? I love you all. I love my life. I love this site. I love my family. I love M.Shadows..... the songer. I love Corey Taylor.... the singer. I love it all!

nightmare975

• Architect of Kajar
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2006, 12:08:04 am »
I love the moment when people see through the grit and corruption of politics to recognize the vast opportunities of investing themselves--both their awareness and their ambitions--in the governance of societies.

On a more casual but not unrelated note, I love big Democratic victories. Here's hoping for the end of twelve years of Republican Congressional rule tonight!

I love it when J thinks the Democrats will win. It always brings a tear to my eye.