Author Topic: Ferry from Truce to Medina (Overworld Event Editing)  (Read 1310 times)

cald

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Ferry from Truce to Medina (Overworld Event Editing)
« on: August 17, 2006, 12:34:10 am »
Ok, so after playing the Crimson Echoes demo and noticing that the Ferry trips get kind of skipped over, I decided it'd be fun to try and do some overworld editing. My plan is to make the Truce ticket office send you to Medina, complete with an overworld scene showing the ferry trip. I changed the Truce ticket guy's dialogue and changed the course that the ferry sprite (and "camera") take. Currently the ship pulls up on the coast, your party gets out and walks over to and enters the Medina Elder's house, the screen fades to black and fades back in showing the first floor of the Elder's house. If you talk to the green imp he'll tell you there's a ferry to Truce out back and charge you 10 G if you want to take it. If you leave the house you'll see that the ship is still waiting out back. I also changed the Porre ticket guy's dialogue so he won't see you a ticket.

Now, I'm having trouble with the return trip. I can make the ship start in the right place and take the right path without too much trouble, and I can change the path of the "camera" just fine, but I can't for the life of me find the starting point for the camera. No matter what I do it starts at Porre. Does anybody know how I change this?

Here's an IPS patch of what I've got so far (apply to an unheadered rom)http://home.comcast.net/~kyloandlaroo/medinaferry.ips

I'm just doing this as a learning experience, it's not part of a larger hack I'm working on or anything. It's just something I hadn't really seen anyone do yet. Sorry if the post is a little rambling, I'm kinda sleepy right now.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Ferry from Truce to Medina (Overworld Event Editing)
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2006, 03:33:40 am »
There's an old post somewhere along here where Chrono 99 made notes about a Ferry editing.  He's really good at that stuff and made  one for Crimson Echoes so he'll be able to help ya out more.

--jp

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2006, 05:47:53 am »
http://www.chronocompendium.com/Forums/index.php?topic=2740.0

I think the camera starting point is set by these Mems:

- 7E00E3 and 7E00E5 are the X coordinate (one for Layer1 and one for Layer2)
- 7E00E7 and 7E00E9 are the Y coordinate (one for Layer1 and one for Layer2)

Daid

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 05:12:59 am »
I would like to learn how to edit the ferrys path.
I just havn't got the time to learn everything about Temporal Flux...

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 01:40:23 pm »
It's trial and error. I think CE got it to move to a custom location, but it took a lot of trial runs.