Author Topic: Enemy Modification  (Read 36117 times)

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
Re: Enemy Modification
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2008, 10:34:39 am »
Sorry for being inactive at the moment, but I will finish my finals this week and after that I will be back in action.

About absorbing, this is what I found on my old enemy list:

Elemental Defense(Lightning; Fire; Water; Shadow):
Cyrus(8F):    0/0/0/0;
Tank Head(AD): 0/4/4/0;       
Lizardactyl(81):  132/4/4/4;

4 is the Casual defense, yet I can't remember whether 0 is absorb. If it is, 2 would be Half Damage(x0,5), 4 normal damage(x1), 6 double damage(x2)? 132 must be no Damage, but it somehow doesn't make sense... If you don' have time to test it out, I'll try it next week(after the school stuff and the 2nd part of the finals is finally[haha, pun] over).

I have msot likely asked that a few times before, but are there any damage formulas for Characters and Enemies? I don't mean techs, just something like: "atk(weapon)*(0,5*str)/def-Random Number=damage done to enemy" or whatever(I know this one doesn't work, was just a way to express what I thought about).

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2008, 06:25:21 pm »
Thanks for the update damage formulad may be on gamefaqs ill check later

I can't be super active either for a bit cause I'm moving but ill be back on this soonish

Jp

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2008, 07:48:18 am »
Should there be an own Topic for bosses? Maybe it is useful, but maybe it's making everything a bit unclear with all those topics.

Here is what I think about the Beast Forest:
*Note: I don't know the exact stats, because my ctec doesn't want to work, so I can only give rough estimations
**Note: I used a rather low level, so if something changed drastically(like the damage taken) from one level to another, please mention it.

I think the 3 beasts seem to equal, all die in two hits, do about the same damage, and power up after being hit. Omnishield is a must, but it makes all of them do 0 damage at Magus level 1 without powering up. A bit boring, so what I thought was:
* Slow the red beast a bit down, and give him a bit higher attack power but(if possible) lower "attack up" after being hit
* Make the blue beast not powering up, but have him do the damage the others do after powering up once(so people don't cast Omnishield and laugh because of the 0 damage).
* there shouldn't be 2 x the same enemy here, because I think if there are 2 different types, people think who to attack first.

Some not really enemy related things:
* How about the Elder giving Magus 5 Tonics or something after Dalton's appearance? Maybe saying something like: It's not much, but hope it helps pursuing Dalton.
* How about offering a weak armor at the shop, so people who spent a few minutes leveling up can buy it(I think 25G per enemy not counting the boss, and considering having 400 G at the beginning it should cost ~ 600-650. 8-10 Enemys at minimum, and -10G per Tonic.). Or maybe a helm or both.

Golem Boss(I was lvl 2, so the numbers might vary slightly/a lot if someone comes there level 4-5):
- Omnishield a must(all numbers below are shielded)
- spamming lightning seems nice, because of the only 2 mp costs and ~ 130 dmg, yet the counterattack is devasting(70 dmg), and you do about the same damage by normal attacking -> I like that idea
- spamming physical + tonics takes some time, yet the 15 damage done seems low, but his orb(1/2 hp) fireball rotations can easily take you down very fast, and it's very tonic intensive(like orb-fireball-orb-tonic, and you can only attack twice, or you might die if you're to slow)
- best Idea is the bolt-attack combination, because his counter resets(you can't pull off 2 bolts+attack, because he will lightning you)
- I didn't try Ice 2, because it's just to expensive MP wise

The only thing that killed me twice was the burp(49 dmg shielded), but this might be solved by leveling up, yet it's hard thanks to the orb to have a rather high hp(at least with tonics, and Mid Tonics, beside the one you find, are too expensive yet). Maybe lower it's attack slightly? And maybe Golem Boss should say something? Like he serves his Master(Dalton) until death? Or maybe some funny stuff like "At least we aren't somewhere high"?

Note: I'm not sure if the following part is useful, but I thought people might get idea's what to tweak if the "see" how the battle went on.
The battle I did was like:
Enemy Approaching
(Magus 120 HP, 16 MP)
G: Iron Orb -> 60 HP
M: Omnishield -> 14 MP
G: Fireball(~14 dmg)-> 46 HP
M: Shadowbolt(~128 dmg) -> 12 MP[here resets the Golem counter, because he "loads" his lightning attack]
M: Attack(~118 dmg) [another counter resets, yet the physical attacks are faster]
G: Iron Orb -> 23 HP
M: Attack(~118 dmg) [I did this, because I prefer the Iron Orb after shadowbolt-attack, just in case the shield wears off]
G: Fireball -> 9 HP
M: Shadowbolt(~128 dmg) -> 10 MP
M: Attack(118 dmg)
G: Iron Orb -> 5 HP
M: Recovers(Mid Tonics once, or Tonics for several turns) and does another Shadowbolt-Attacks combo
G: Blurp(by the time, if you used a slower speed*, you shield is gone, and it does ~ 70 dmg)

*For those who didn't know, Barrier+Shield is affected by "real time", thus slower speed means less turns shielded, while higher speed means more turns shielded.

Now that I see it, it's not that useful, but what is done is done. I think the general idea of how to beat the enemy will be transported by my analysis anyways.

Everything I mentioned is open for discussion, so if someone disagrees, please say so(and at best, why).

Edit: Dalton's Lair:
* Jinn's Bottle should drop Ether, because 2 Lasher are to strong without omnishield
* Boss battle: He only did Iron Orb, until his HP reached 0 and he burped, thus killed me. Intentional?

Edit 2:
Sorry again for not being a bit off topic with chests and stuff, but I think I can be more useful going on posting stuff here instead of using my time to split the things I already said up and post them on the different topics. And Chests, thus equipment, is closely related to Enemies anyways.

* Vedic Blade in Chronopolis needs to be exchanged, because it's just too strong. I played without it, in order to give a "better" opinion.

Chimera Tank boss:
* in order to make it at least a bit different I think we should gibe the body, when it is the last part left, and area attack that is weaker than the wheel one. And, if this is added, we might as well lower the damage of it's counter(the yellow beam it shoots when you attack) a bit.

Chronopolis:
* The sole Red Scout should give fewer exp(it gives like 250, while your total is only that much by that time). Maybe lower it's HP or Phys.Defense, because it takes ages if you didn't bring Lucca(yet you can still flee an change the party...so maybe it's not that bad).
* Same goes for the other two in the Flyclops+Red/Blue Scout(less EXP), and I suggest give the Flyclops~ 600-700 HP instead of 900 HP

Ruins:
* Martellos need to do a little less damage(and maybe only 300 HP instead of 400)
(* Maybe add a Chest in the Room with the 3 Deceased, so, like, you don't go there for nothing)
* Panel's damage should also be a bit less
* the Battles to open the doors(like the Panel/Martello or the Panel/Panel one) should'nt be escapable
* You can't seem to go back to buy stuff or heal, which might be a problem, so we either could open a shop(maybe communication to Melchior and he sends stuff, of course in a normal shopping window) or give the player the chance to retreat.
(* Chests in Ruins should contain accessories, like speed belt(+2 speed), power gloves(or how it's called, + x strengh), maybe an armor, and a weapon for Crono(if we don't just replace the vedic blade with a weaker one).)
* King Zeal AI: we had one before, didn't we? is it gone, or is it going to be in soon?

Truce Canyon:
* Enemies(except Roly, because he is also used in the chapters before) need more HP and Def, because this is the first time in 602 A.D., and they die in one hit.

SD Fields:
* Raise Glenns staring Level to 7, maybe 8. I was there at level 10/11, and considering the fewer exp I mentioned above, I think this is around the Level the player might be.
* Glenn also is to be very strong compared to the others(even being the new powerhouse) thanks to the Masamune and Hero Badge. We should give the others new weapons in order to keep it up a little bit(maybe in the Tunnel, maybe in OP Ruins)
* Maybe add a Attack Capsule or something in the Sandy area in the Tunnel, like it has been in CT's sidequest.
* Kasmir definetly needs a new AI, he only does Cyrus Ghost attack(he is also called Cyrus in the Battle), which is rather boring. I didn't think of anything yet, maybe some warp-attack thing? Because he's an illusionist.

« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 12:44:07 pm by CyberSarkany »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2008, 05:28:35 pm »
Cyber,

Thanks for all the detailed explanation. I will run through this in more detail later. Your suggestions are very helpful. I will run through the game with your suggestions in mind. I'm impressed you beat golem boss at such a low level I know I needed to be level 4. I suppose a good rule of thumb is the heir to the masamune can beat someone at a low level means an average player can beat it after levelling up. Ill make a more detailed reply later.

OK I got a bit more time right now so I'll give more specifics:

Beast Forest:

*Unfortunately I don't know how to make the "power up" less significant.  I also don't like Omnishield being that powerful (down to 0) but they just power up so fast that I was worried to raise their attack.  Either

a) we need an advanced person to find out where the "power up" constant is stored (vehek or jlukas)
b)  I can try out some new AI's i'm trying to think if there is a similar AI that won't glitch these guys.

*I like the elder idea
*Ice 2 won't be there i'll definately find a way to bring steal back
*Offering a weak armor is an excellent idea.  In fact we really should start compiling a lists of stores in the game so that the beta testing is as realistic as possible.
**In fact we probably shouldn't even start them with 400 G anymore

Daltons Dungeon

*I'm really surprised I didn't have them drop ethers already.  I'm trying to make ethers more accessible so that people are encouraged to use magic
* Dalton's stupid AI is because I replaced him from dalton+ to dalton and the first dalton has a boring AI.  I'm going to keep him as Dalton (because we vs him again later) but I'll repoint his AI

Chronopolis

*feel free to tell me about chests
*Thanks for pointing out you can still run.  That's a bug more than a feature
*Definatly  just forgot to edit the exp from thaht guy

Chimera Tank

*We should probably have a guy that just does enemy AI stuff....Faustwolf?  You could be in charge of new techs and enemy AI?

Ruins:

* I agree with you on all accounts
* Zeals AI being restored is one of the things on my list

SD Fields:
*What is an attack capsule
*I agree with you on his AI being horrible.  All I did was make it so the battle didn't end.

Questions:

How do you feel about Magus new tech?
Can you possibly put "recommended level" when you enter a new area?

Jp
« Last Edit: June 09, 2008, 09:07:06 pm by jsondag2 »

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2008, 09:37:29 am »
By Attack capsule, I meant a Power Tab(or how they are called in CT). We should also consider offering more tabs, for example like CT had Spekkio for a few extra tabs, maybe we could use the Medina Auxiliary as something equal? I'm not sure about the coliseum, as in how we could insert tabs there without making people farm them like crazy(maybe one time prizes, saying something like "You finished easy Solo for the first time, here is little a prize"?).

About Magus new Techs(the 2 ones I have, don't know if there are any new as higher Techs): Shadowbolt should be Shadow, so it's not just a Crono ripoff. But that would make the Nizbil fight Hard, with only Crono(IF you took him along, that is). But having 2 lightning techs makes fighting 3 reptites far to easy, just spam them with thunder each, and fight until one recovers, and thunder him again(with one, it's harder to get all 3 stunned).

About the recommended Level thingy: I just looked what level you will roughly be if you beat all enemies + a few extra fight for leveling purposes(that's what most "casual players" will do). Also, I didn't make a recommended Level if there are onyl 2 Figths(like Zeal, the Nu and 2 Lasher), instead I added them to the part before/after.

*Note: the first 2 are Magus' Level, the other Characters will be level ~4 in the next chapter.
Beast Forest: (you start as level)1-4(recommended when leaving)
Dalton's Lair: 4-6
Up until after the Chronopolis Raid(Boss Fight in 102 AD+ Raid): 4-8
Ocean's Palace Ruins: 8-12(if there is a way to heal/buy Items; maybe one of those Stasis Tubes we saw in the Black Omen(where clones or whatever were in, short before the Zeal fight) at the beginning as an option to heal?)
Until After visiting Zeal(602+Zeal, where only 2 fight are anyways): 12-14
Singing Mountain: 14-18(it's a really nice place to level up a bit, esp. considering the following chapters where you have a set Party you can't change)

That's it for now considering Levels.

Mystics Den:
* Mud Imp AI should be a bit changed, for example making Glenn sleep is unfair considering he's alone(esp. if the weak enemies are dead, and he will use his rather strong stone kicking)
* My game sometimes freezes when I attack him(Mus Imp) first, and he counters with his stomp.(I know off topic, but better saying it here then forgetting it)
* The Items you get in these are far to good (except Side with Porre=None, yet Side with mystics=Nova Armor? Neutrality= 2500 G+Dash Ring+Magic Ring+ Rock helm).
- Siding with Mystics: The armor is obviously to strong, maybe we can instead give them a Vest that reduces elemental damage(maybe make the player choose 2)?
- Siding with Porre: Maybe choose an accessories or two? Maybe give them the choice of Speed Belt, Magic Scarf(if it's weaker then the ring, if not, stay with the Magic Ring), or a Hit Ring(for the Marle/Lucca players)?
- Neutrality: Maybe a mix, like one Helm that reduces Elemental damage from a Mystics Body, and an Accessories like Power Gloves?(or whatever raised Strength; Defense is not needed I think, because Robo already has a Defender. Maybe even a Counter thing(the 50% one)?)

I'm not sure how much effect the way you choose has on the storyline, but if we would do like the way I described, it would at least have more importance Item wise. Maybe, in order to hint what Items you get for siding with Porre/Mystrics, in the Dialog with the Generals they could say like "mystics worked on elemental resistance armor" or "Porre Soldiers had lots of accessories lately"? Maybe that would influence the choice.

Singing Mountain:
* Less money from Avian Rex, they give 1800 G per Enemy.
* Maybe make the Green Reptites(or the Grey once, doesn't matter I think) a little bit faster, in order to make it harder to keep all stunned and to have a little bit bigger problems with their sleeping attack.
* Nizbel: A big question, what happens when you have neither Magus nor Crono in your party? Because you can't decrease his defense. Either you force either Crono or Magus into the party(Crono would be more fitting, because what reason would Magus have to want to go in the first party?), or re-enable the party switching(which kind of screwes the Idea of splitting party). People who save with Robo, Marle, Lucca just before Nizbel will be stuck. Just reducing his other Elemental Defenses wouldn't be the best idea either, because it would cost a lot of ethers to defeat him solely with magic.
 Oh, and give this boy more exp, because he only gave as much as a "normal fight" in singing mountain.
* Megasaurs are no Problem even without lightning-Magic, because they don't have ultra high elemental defenses. They should become a little bit faster(because you have 3 Characters who will most likely spam magic, and these 2 Enemies won't attack enough to make the party stop an heal), maybe even a little more HP. And they should give more EXP(they gave 300 together), esp. if they are made harder with the speed and HP stuff.

That's it for now. Will the TechPoints you need for a new tech be adjusted when it's clear what the final techs will be? Because I found in CT it took far to long to get the final ones(even if you grinded the respawning rubble or what it's called).

I did a shop-list when I worked on that Room/Enemy list, yet I didn't think I should post an own topic for it, nor do I know if it's complete(or any shops change at a certain chapter). I'll just add it here and you can say what will be done with it.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 09:40:23 am by CyberSarkany »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2008, 11:40:10 am »
Awesome job again Cyber.  This topic is fine for putting the shops for now since it is so related to enemy modification.

Mystic Den
* Yea this fight was giving me problems since Glenn was alone.  It was hard for me to find a set of enemies that wasn't way too hard but still gave the feeling that he was fighting a whole settlement.  I'll see what I can do about the mud imps AI.
* I like the item recommendations and yes your choice should affect the present more.

Singing Mountain/techs:
Currently we dont know how to change the element of a tech so were stuck with Phantom Bolt being lightning.  It's also important that it is lightning for the split singing mountain segment. 
* I believe I added a little hint that you should put crono in one team and Magus in another?  But you are right we should probably force Crono in there.

Wow you caught up to me.  Sorry I haven't had time to work on this hopefully I'll be getting into the swing of things soon here.

EDIT:

I just saw the shops list, I meant you can document what you want from shops not what they already are.   I just want to point out the only reason that I haven't already Crimson Echoefied shops is because it uses unused space that Temporal Flux could potentially utilize (thus i want to do it last).
--JP
« Last Edit: June 10, 2008, 10:30:02 pm by jsondag2 »

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2008, 04:47:59 pm »
I started with the Marle Chapter:

Pre Chapter stuff that could be added:
You already mentioned the problem with Marle being alone, and I don't think we can change it(sadly, "guest fighters" who only appear once aren't possible, yet). I'm not sure if this is possible, but maybe we can, before the Marle Chapter starts, add a Textbox that says something like "the following chapter will be Marle only, be prepared" and open the menu with all characters still active, so people can switch equipment(like speed belt or whatever), and after the player closes the menu, let the actual chapter begin. This could make things at least a bit easier, considering the good Armors, Helms etc. might be equipped on other characters.

How to fight the low defense?: We might let the enemies drop Shield(physical damage cut by 1/3) or add them to the Shop(which would be somehow unique, because I don't think we had that in Chrono Trigger). It's shouldn't be cheap, because these items are very useful. Or maybe give Marle 15 or so by Cedric, in order to stop the player from buying 99 of them and make the rest of the game easier.  Or, maybe, after rescuing the Girl in the Forest, give Marle an accessory that Shields here all the time? maybe a "lower" kind of shield, which only cuts damage by 1/4? If possible, that is. 

Other things the Shop should/could have:
* Mid Tonic(so we don't have rely on aura to much)
* Maybe a Sleep preventing Helm for a bit more money(for the rich folks)
* Ethers? maybe we should even start selling Mid Ethers from this chapter onwards?
* Either the "confusing" weapon you added(it doesn't say so, by the way), or a stronger one and hide the "confusing" weapon in the Forest where you have to find the girl -> Why?: People can still use provoke, even though it is not as handy as that weapon. So we should at least make people search for this weapon.

People have now the choice of "Provoke + stronger weapon", or "weaker weapon + auto confusion". How high in % is the chance to hit an enemy with Provoke, and how high it is compared to that weapon? Could we make Provoke hit like 75%of the time, while the "confuse" from the weapon hits only 50%? Of course these numbers need some testings in order to see their effectiveness. Or, instead of a confusing weapon, maybe one that sucks the Enemies HP and gives it to Marle(again, if possible)? Like The Masamune during the Mammon Machine fight did, this way, a combination of Provoke + HP recovery could help Marle a lot. But maybe it would make things to easy, too.

[Note: I have no Idea if stuff like this is possible, but can we add stat-increasing Armors/weapons? I know some helms add Speed, but can we actually add a weapon that increases the "hit" stat? Or an armor that increases Speed(I think the TabanVest from Lucca did this)? Maybe even add several Stats, like +10 hit, + 1 Speed, + 5 Defense?]

I think Marle's ice takes to less MP, even though it is necessary to survive in here solo. By allowing the player to buy Mid-/Ethers, we can raise Ice's costs to 3/4MP.(Lvl 13 Marle has 36 MP). Maybe even raising both Aura and Provoke to 2 MP each. We Could also hide this Silverstud thing that raises MP something in Terra Tower or somewhere, because "now"(as in: during that chapter) seems a good time. 

I can't really say anything about enemies yet, because they were already used before. Changing them in this Chapter will change them in the previous and next chapters, too, won't it? If yes, we can only change the Number of enemies or the stuff mentioned above in order to do a fitting challenge.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2008, 08:37:03 pm »
I actually set up this chapter's layout such that marle has a different set of enemies than everyone else (thank goodness).  C/M/G and L/R do have the same enemies within Terra Tower.

I like the idea of shields I was close to giving marle a shield tech but I like this idea better.  Currently I dont know how to change the % of the weapon.  No editor shows that stat.  And with enemies it seems to either be immune/ not immune as opposed to a %.  Maybe mgc defense = status defense? 

I think we should probably put shields in the shop in case someone uses up their whole stash.  We can make them expensive.  I also like the idea of the bow being hidden however we'll not put it in the forest but that's something we can put at "holy lake" up north.  It'll give a reason to go there as well as a reason to expand the area. 

Plus Marle's chapter seems to be shorter than the other 2 so it expands the chapter as well.

--JP

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 27, 2008, 11:45:48 pm »
I don't know if it's still going to be in, but something to remember: Marle, Lucca, and Robo's stats reset back to pre-chapter 7 stats, which may include their equipment.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 28, 2008, 12:30:06 pm »
That was something I was thinking about.....now i know this is going to sound horribly corny but it'll save a lot of programming headaches..(maybe this should go plot).

So Cyber mentioned the idea of letting the player know that Marle is going to be alone before her chapter.  I was thinking that it goes to a black screen and an NPC I was thinking gaspar since he is currently finding the entity.  There's a short explanation that happens and gaspar pleads with the entity to help.  They argue for awhile but eventually the entity says he will help by sending them to key points and letting them share equipment keep levels....

Yes I know it's corny.  I also realize it's physically possible to keep their stats and such but if we do that we also have to remember items and remove those and that could get messy.  C/M/G will get slightly overpowered compared to the rest of the group..  And we might have people who get angry about losing levels (espeicially since they'll probably have to level up Marle quite a bit.

I'd really like some input on this... is it lazy programming?

--JP

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2008, 11:03:43 am »
I think most people won't like to have their stats reset, because you work for getting some levels, Items, etc.. Losing them shortly afterwards sounds more like a punishment than a feature.

Maybe we could argue, like, gameplay is not 100% based on the story? For example, in CT, just before the 2nd Magus fight(where you have the choice of him joining you, or fighting him), he has much more HP than he has when he joins you, which makes no sense story wise, yet gameplay wise it does(several thousand HP don't even fit on  the screen).
Why do characters who are not active in the party gain experience points? Story wise, they are not fighting, so they shouldn't gain any experience, yet for the gameplay they get these exp. in order to keep up with the active party.

We also started with level 1 characters in CE, but they should be much stronger, even after these 2 years. We shouldn't sacrifice gameplay in this way to "fit" with the story, but that's only my opinion.

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2008, 08:29:36 pm »
I was asked to help out with the AI. Let me know how you want things and I'll get started.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2008, 11:19:26 pm »
Cyber can you work with Mauron to make your favorite King Zeal AI?

Basically bosses are an empty pallette so replace whichever one you need to fit our dream scenario.

I'll list bosses that we'll eventually need AI's for in order of ...complexity

King Zeal  <--I'd say this is priority strong magic user
Kasmir     <- Magic user as well as physical?  Illusionist....not sure maybe find a way to increase evade if possible?
Three Reptite Time Travellers <--One fire, one ice, one lightning...you fight 2 of these simultaneously so if you can figure out double techs...or atleast make some sort of condition while they are together (even if it's just displaying a dialogue box)
Frozen Flame Enemies <-- Returning faces here, Yakra, Atropos, the blue robots...it's up to you if you want to edit them
Mutant in Porre Lab <---Meh...this enemy doesn't have any back story...maybe there's still time to make this boss more interesting
Lebniz   <---up to you if you want to change him

if i think of more I'll add them

--JP

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 10, 2008, 06:38:33 am »
So what we are supposed to do is give a Boss several attacks, and make a pattern+counter+weaknesses and all that stuff?

Are there any new attacks/animations planed for bosses? Maybe if the characters get new ones, we might as well give those to bosses, too(like make Kasmir use ShadowBolt or something).
Are stat changing "moves" a possibility? Like Shield/Barrier? I think a Barrier like move was tested for King Zeal's older AI, he did the move, yet it had no effect on the Magic Damage he took. How about haste? giving a boss enemy haste at his last 10% or something will make things more interesting.

For example Beasts had the ability to raise their attack when hit, which seems a "casual" counter. Could we modify this? Like in 10% of the time the enemy is hit, he casts shield or something on himself as counter(could we leave the rest 90% "blank", like he doesn't have a counter?), and, when under like 15% of his max HP, he casts shield once and his counter changes to maybe an attack.

In short: Do damage altering things like Barrier/Shield work, or wll they work after some work? Is the enemies Counter always 100%; can it be modified?

I remember most bosses(Magus comes to mind) have different "phases", like when he lost 50% HP in the first battle or something, he changes his attack pattern. To what extent is this possible? Can we also do "random" phases? Where we have like 5 different, and after each 10% HP the enemy loses, he random switches to on of the 4 remaining once?(maybe like Magus in his first fight switches his elemental weakness randomly).

Are there any limits in number of attacks and number of "patterns"?

Well, I think I can make better suggestions if I know the limits of AI modification. It would be sad and a waste of time to think about lots of different patterns etc. for bosses, and we can't insert them because I didn't know the possibilities...

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #29 on: July 10, 2008, 09:56:06 am »
So what we are supposed to do is give a Boss several attacks, and make a pattern+counter+weaknesses and all that stuff?

Pretty much.

Are there any new attacks/animations planed for bosses? Maybe if the characters get new ones, we might as well give those to bosses, too(like make Kasmir use ShadowBolt or something).

Changing the moves is easy, but I don't know about custom animations. Making them look different is another story - The encyclopedia has a list of animations we can swap around, and out of context they may look unique enough to fool people. http://www.chronocompendium.com/Term/Attacks.html

Are stat changing "moves" a possibility? Like Shield/Barrier? I think a Barrier like move was tested for King Zeal's older AI, he did the move, yet it had no effect on the Magic Damage he took. How about haste? giving a boss enemy haste at his last 10% or something will make things more interesting.

For example Beasts had the ability to raise their attack when hit, which seems a "casual" counter. Could we modify this? Like in 10% of the time the enemy is hit, he casts shield or something on himself as counter(could we leave the rest 90% "blank", like he doesn't have a counter?), and, when under like 15% of his max HP, he casts shield once and his counter changes to maybe an attack.

In short: Do damage altering things like Barrier/Shield work, or wll they work after some work? Is the enemies Counter always 100%; can it be modified?

Counter attacks can be set to a percentage, and stats can be altered with one of the conditions.

I remember most bosses(Magus comes to mind) have different "phases", like when he lost 50% HP in the first battle or something, he changes his attack pattern. To what extent is this possible? Can we also do "random" phases? Where we have like 5 different, and after each 10% HP the enemy loses, he random switches to on of the 4 remaining once?(maybe like Magus in his first fight switches his elemental weakness randomly).

So far the only HP related condition known is 50%. and random patterns are possible.

Are there any limits in number of attacks and number of "patterns"?

The only known limitation is space.