Author Topic: Enemy Modification  (Read 36118 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Re: Enemy Modification
« Reply #60 on: August 15, 2008, 01:53:12 pm »
hm....i'll leave the choice up to you.  I've made that battle as well as the battles for porre lab losable (they also used terra mutants).  An argument can be made for both starting over and continuing.  Continuing is useful cause you catch bugs and obvious mistakes like me (like forgetting to set exp/gold i seem to do quite often), and enemies that aren't even close to being right (the mages that i didn't realize we had used before...).   However you are right were going to need a second run through to have a better feel for the equipment.  I would probably prefer if you tried to keep going so I can get a further head start on you in round 2.

Also have you tried pressing abxy on the crono's fridge to enter the debug room?

EDIT:

Cyber you also mentioned that ice is to cheap for marle, do you think we should increase all the lvl one spells or just Marles?

--JP
« Last Edit: August 15, 2008, 01:57:37 pm by jsondag2 »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 16, 2008, 09:19:45 pm »
If someone is going through from scratch can you take note if you find any bad item stats for example a weapon or armor that either jumps way to high or is actually weaker than the weapon/armor offered previously..  Hopefully it shouldn't happen cause I just used the same order as before but it may happen with elemental armors or if i just plain screwed up  :?

Note that since were stuck with limited weapons for magus his initial weapon will be strong and then nothing for a few chapters then super strong again then nothing for a few chapters..

--JP

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 18, 2008, 08:13:53 am »
I think I will go on with my first run for now.
~
The fridge doesn't work, at least for me, because it somehow doesn't start the input sequence(where button functions are disabled, so you don't enter party changing menu etc. while entering the code; Maybe it was disabled after the demo?), so everytime I try it, I end up opening a menu...
~
For MP costs, I think we should try to raise all of them, because raising the costs for someone who has more MP, yet keep them cheap for someone who has less MP doesn't seem to be fair. If someone can use lvl 1 spell for 2 MP, and has 10 MP and is physically strong, it's not fair to someone with 20 MP, and a lvl 1 spell cost of 4 MP who is physically weak(for example Crono-Marle).

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 21, 2008, 07:34:18 am »
I would say put Enemy Ai stuff in a new topic. It doesn't even have to be stickied considering the only none sticky thread that is used is the one with the patches.

~~~

Porre Lap:

- In general enemies need either more HP, or preferable more magic def, because you can easily wipe them all out with a few magic blasts.

- If there are 2 Terra Mutants in one fight, they both start with their Red Rocks attack(the one the Volcano enemies dows if I remember correctly), and after that, they do nothing until one of them dies.*

- Add some other enemies of available, for example Mutants(the one from the future), or security robots? Lots of Terra Mutants just become boring.

- Alien(the boss enemy) needs a new name, and some attacks(he doesn't attack at all...) also more HP. He is a biological experiment/weapon, so maybe some attcks that cause poison and slow? *

* means: also added in bug report thingy.

By the way, should everythign I mentioned above be added there, or only the ones more or less bugs? I'm not sure if it's easier for you if I add all the things there, yet you added an "enemy stat" category.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 21, 2008, 12:30:56 pm »
Go ahead and add enemy stat modifications as bugs.  I basically treat them the same way.

--JP

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 23, 2008, 05:06:36 am »
The Lavos fight in Crono's Flamedungeon is should not be won, right? Should it be made impossible(even on a new game +)? Or should we just leave it as it is, and give a nifty item if someone beats him?

Same Question about the king Zeal fight in Magus' Flamedungeon.

How about the Magus vs Glenn in Glenn's Flamedungeon? This one seems like it must be won, so we must lower Magus atk(esp. magic) and HP, because Glenn's level mostly likely won't meet the CT level he had at this encounter.

Edit: Oh, and I think I put the wrong chapter all the time(19 instead of 18) at the bug report list, because I think I read that chapter 18 would be skipped, and we start at chapter 19, so that's the one I put there...Hope it's not much of a problem.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 05:15:53 am by CyberSarkany »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 23, 2008, 05:22:17 am »
Hm...

Robo has atropos thats a unique battle
Crono has lavos (unique)
Marle has yakra (unique)
Frog has Magus (unique)

Lucca has blue robots (not unique)
Magus has king zeal (not unique)

Ayla (sigh) hasn't been done yet.

For the majority of these enemies this the only time we fight them.  We should be able to swap out for a new king zeal and blue robots and make all of the flame dungeon bosses optional (giving prizes if we win).  We can't give good weapons cause we are running out but we have alot of helmets and armor left over.  Also we haven't even begun to touch accessories. 

Another idea, we have tons of rare items (pendant/ruby knife/yakra key/ tomas pop/ moonstone) etc.  Not to mention fangs and the other prehistoric currency.  We could maybe reward them with these rare items and if they get 8 of them (they'd have to definitely play through multiple times cause the max you can get is 3) then you get a special....something.

--JP

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 24, 2008, 11:39:05 am »
Could there really be an Item worth having that much work(3 playthroughs) that is not just for collectors? The only thing I can imagine is something that makes you play a different character you usually couldn't(seem rather impossible) or some kind of secret dungeon that is ultra hard, which seems to be too far fetched....
We could give single Items if you beat a Boss, like maybe a Tech Point Doubler? Or something that gives More exp? Or something that grant the character that wears it Tech point even if he is outside of the party? I'm not sure if that's even possible...Or useful, because if we make these bosses far to strong, people who beat them won't need any techpoints anymore because of their high level. Maybe we should(if it is possible) add them as other accessories?

Or maybe Elemental Accessories? Like, Half Damage from fire. This way, if we still have elemental armor and elemental Helmets, we could easiely do very strong magic enemies without having to fear people having no chance.(they could reduce 3 of 4 elements, not to forget Magic Barrier).

~~~

I presume the Spekkio fight needs a new AI? I mean, he does about 9999 damage with his Luminaire...How about giving him a sprite he didn't have in CT? And he is like : "don't recognize me? Maybe a little fight helps you memories" and they fight or whatever.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 24, 2008, 02:33:54 pm »
It's unlikely that we are going to get a new spriter for speekio (or are you talking about giving him a "new" existing sprite?).  In the current run through I have put almost all the elemental armors in reptiteland. 

I have no idea how to make "new accessories" the only thing we can really do is use existing accessories.  Maybe after run 2 I'll try to figure out if there's ways to combine enemies.  I'm surprised there's not an accessory that increases exp...

One thing we can do is make the fang/petal/feather items that can be used to create the "ultimate armor" (from melchior).  But like you said is it worth it to go through the game multiple times?  Maybe the bosses just give TONS of those and you then we can create a dungeon where they can get them slowly?

--JP

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 25, 2008, 09:52:19 am »
If we don't get a new sprite, we might as well use an old CT one he didn't have yet. He should just have a different colour, as usual.

Is it even possible to just use an existing sprite, an give it a new colour without the need of a spriter? Like, instead of a Son of Sun, maybe dye him blue and let him use ice attacks and name him Son of Ice or whatever.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 25, 2008, 01:03:54 pm »
Hm......actually that's a good idea for a replacement for Son of Sun as well.  Son of......iceberg haha..we'll work on the name. 

Speekio we can replace another sprite and give a brand new AI really easily.  Switching palettes definitely doesn't need a spriter just takes a little patience to find one that looks good.   If anyone has any sprite suggestions for speekio let me know.....off the top of my head he used

frog/kilwala/masa + mune / omnicrone/ pink nu

um......we have imps/gargoyles/ freelancer/ goblins/ black omen enemies....quite a bit to pick from.  Lets try to stay away from mutants because we just saw those...we also just saw alot of these in the flame dreams...

hm...

Great idea cyber,

--JP

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 27, 2008, 09:53:23 am »
I can't seem to remember, but is Dalton in the first chapter supposed to beat you? If yes, new AI, if no, he needs less HP and should be slower(so it doesn't seem t much like Iron Orb spam...)

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 28, 2008, 06:23:38 am »
I'll just put the items like tabs and chests here and to the bug report thingy:
*Note: This is Prolog, Chapter 1 and parts of chapter 2(until the Chronopolis Raid)

Tabs:
- Magic Tab at Fionas Forest(central east)
- Power Tab stealable from Golem Boss
- Magic Tab at Beast Forest area where Masamune will be placed.

Attack Window:
- Fiona's Forest; 3 Roly fight(south); window should start on bottom
- Beast Forest: 2 Beast fight(central); window should start on bottom

Items:
- How about a present from Elder in Dark Ages after talking to Sargon? 3 Mid Tonics or something?
- Jinn Bottles should have Ether stealable.
- Dalton should have Mid Ether stealable.

Chests:
- Treasure in Central Regime(maybe in Storage room or whatever it is, left of the 3 doors and in he prison?
- The HyperEther in the tower to the right of the throneroom (1002 A.D.) should be exchanged for a Mid Ether.
- The Megaelixier in the tower to the right of the throneroom (1002 A.D.) should be exchanged, maybe for a "Top End"? helmet?
- The Elixier in the tower to the left of the throneroom (1002 A.D.) should be exchanged, maybe the next stronger weapon for Marle(because she didn't have a cheap one in a Shop like Crono and didn't find one like Lucca yet)
- The Full Ether in the tower to the left of the throneroom (1002 A.D.) should be exchanged, maybe for like 500 G.
- The HyperEther in the tower above the Kitchen (1002 A.D.) should be exchanged for a Mid Ether.
- Add a Chest in the Mall(Future), reward people who explore a lot.

Shop:
- You get Snipershot in Chronopolis, which is stronger than Quantashot you can buy at Porre and find in the Camp(maybe exchange them, yet you didn't even have a fight until after you found both).

~~~

« Last Edit: August 28, 2008, 07:11:01 am by CyberSarkany »

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 28, 2008, 09:59:04 am »
If you got time, might you lower Kashmirs Magic Attack in the next patch (as mentioned in the bug report)? Otherwise I'm kinda stuck, because even if one survives his first Fire 2, there is far to less time to fully heal and revive, thus the 2nd fire 2 most likely kills the rest of. We also have to remember that Revives are currently rather expensive.
Or he could get a none-area attack like Fire 1, or maybe that blue fire attack from Slash that only hits one character.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2008, 02:43:09 am »
I'm attaching a fix that ONLY changes kasmirs AI.  That means you can apply it to the rom that you are currently working on.  I made a post in the Another topic to find a rom thread that explains why you may not want to use brand new crimson echoes patches during this run through...in short it moves around treasure chests data so if you open a chest and then apply a fresh CE patch that chest may not be opened anymore...and worse another chest you never touched might be open.  This patch will only affect kasmirs AI so you can apply to any unheadered rom....includeing the current crimson echoes rom you are using.

--JP

[attachment deleted by admin]