Author Topic: Enemy Modification  (Read 36146 times)

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Errare Explorer (+1500)
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
Re: Enemy Modification
« Reply #45 on: August 01, 2008, 12:25:00 pm »
What about repointing the animations? Is that an option, or are we stuck with what can be found?

If neither is an option, I might have to mess with his magic stat in order to choose the best attacks.

I'll look into changing the damage dealt after I have a sample AI for him.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 01, 2008, 08:22:33 pm »
If we get the animations for an enemy attack that can be loaded in the tech editor then we can try to change it.  But remember many of these spells are shared between enemies and we have to be sure that it doesn't affect another enemy.

--JP

Mauron

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • Nu-chan
    • View Profile
    • Maurtopia
« Reply #47 on: August 01, 2008, 09:12:32 pm »
Good point. I'll find a way to make do with what's there.

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • Black Wind Agent (+600)
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2008, 03:56:49 pm »
Crono/Magus/Glenn Timeline:

Some things I forgot in my last post:
Terra Tower:
* Cave Ape needs less atk(esp. considering Lucca and Robo will fight him, too)
* 2nd Floor: There is a Fossil Ape here, I think it should have been a Cave Ape(Because Fossil Apes are way to weak)
* These 3 fights in a row are hard, which is not bad, but the Dinosaurs nearly instantly use their "Ultra electric Charge" after being hit by lightning. If possible, we should extent this time. Also, hey don't seem to regain their defense after their Charge, intentional?
* The Single Azala could be Lightning type, because we already got Fire and Water(And shadow, if they can use a double tech)

Lucca/Robo Timeline
* Shop
* There is an empty dome north, what's planned with it?
* Lucca needs a better weapon, in the Shop, or preferable somewhere in a Chest

Robot Factory:
* Acid(80 HP) & Alkaline(3000 HP[this is a joke I hope]) have far to high defense, I only do about 5 dmg with Robo...
* R Series should have less HP
* The 3 R Series + 1 Reptite right at the beginning should be reduced to 2 R Series + Reptite
* Proto II need to give more Exp(They only give 22)
* Bytes need less speed and less atk, esp. considering you can only fight two at once.
* Boss: Maybe add 1 Acid and 1 Alkaline(with less def as mentioned above) so it won't be too similar to the fight at the beginning.

Terra Tower:
* Different enemy setup? I get constantly beaten by Cave Ape + Lizardactyl. We have to consider that the current setup was for Crono/Magus/Glenn if I'm not mistaken.

I'll go on with the Terra Tower later.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2008, 04:18:17 pm »
Haha, the 3000 HP is definitely not intentions..... :?

There's definitely plans for adding domes to both futures chronopolis and lucca/Robo.  We may also have a real boss for Lucca/Robo's robot factory.  Do you think you'll be able to beat the Cave Ape + Lizardactyl when we add in new weapons/armor is it simply WAY to hard? 

--JP

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 06, 2008, 02:06:57 pm »
I currently have the problem that there is no Shop, and thus my healing Items are limited, because somehow, everytime there is a new Patch and I use my old savestate, some Items like Mid Tonics etc become Sun Stones or unnamed object, or even weapons...

The Problem is, Lucca and Robo both are slow as Hell, so the Cave Ape and Lizardactyl can attack before me, which nearly kills one of my characters, or leave both wounded. Robo Heals, and Lucca attacks. If I attack the Lizardactyl, he just uses his Chaos Counter, which leaves Lucca open for another attack(which means her death). Attacking the Ape means another counter, which most likely kills Lucca. Even after reviving the enemy will attack long before Lucca or Robo can heal.

It will most likely be possible with better Equipment(Better armor, Speed increasing items, Better weapons, maybe even Shield item) and higher Level. For now, I think I'll just ignore this fight and try to go on...I might be because I never really used Lucca and Robo besides the points I had to.

We might insert this "Exchange equipment with all party member" at the beginning of the chapter(like I wanted it before the Marle Chapter), this might make things easier.

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 06, 2008, 02:11:53 pm »
Before you get too far into planning, does fighting two of the Reptile time travelers work with the plot?

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 06, 2008, 02:31:17 pm »
As far as I can tell?  Two of the reptite time travellers die atop T.T.  The third one (who was travelling through time and with Marle at the time) comes back and finds his two friends dead and travels to the future which has reverted back to human future because Crono stopped King Zeal.

Cyber- There will definitely be shops after run2.  However I'll look into updating those enemies when I get to the Robo/Lucca chapter in run 2.

--JP

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 07, 2008, 10:27:25 am »
Lucca/Robo:

Well, the only way I defeated the Cave Ape + Lizardactyl was to put the Lizard top sleep and play attack, heal, attack, heal etc. with Robo(Lucca did nearly no damage(~50), with either magic or weapon)...We should switch this fight to maybe a Lizardactyl and a Reptite? and the next(2 Reptites + Cave Ape) should be reduced by 1 Reptite. Or maybe just switch all Cave Apes to Fossil Apes...
Also, the 3 Gigasaur(if I recall right) in front of the cell Marle was kept in must be replaced, you can hardly beat them with Crono/Magus/Glenn, so Lucca and Robo stand no chance.

What kind of enemy should the vision serpent(or whatever the bosses name is) be?

~~~
Marle Chapter Nr.2:

Basher(the boss) needs less attack, without much luck and the Confuse Bow you have no chance.
~~~

Central Regime:

- Krawlie should get some different attacks, because I find these masses of Krawlies rather boring. How about a poison all attack at the beginning? I mean, the first Krawlie was in the sewer, not the cleanest place. And maybe an attack like Azala Break(reducing HP overtime), if both poison and this can be combined. That, and his normal attack(his "hp down to 1" can't be used if he uses poison or something equal, would be to unfair), should make him a bit more interesting. Also, his dead animation should be changed to that of a normal enemy(if possible).

- The Display(enemy that heals with 1000) should have more HP, I would suggest 500. It should also be used more often.

- Maybe lower the Proto 3 healing? He gets like 400 HP recovered, and without techs and magic I only do about 350.  Maybe half it?

- What should the boss be? I didn't read the whole plot stuff, so I don't know if he is an enemy we already fought.

~~~

Masamune rescue:

- Hench need less HP, 2000 just takes to long(maybe 1500?)

- Grimalkin needs less attack(he kills all my party members with mere 2 attacks each, doing about 200 dmg per attack, this means fun when facing 3 of them)

- Green Imps should be slower, and the 4 Green Imps fight in Kashmir's Lair (left passage) should be reduced to 3.

~~~

Magus initial equipment needs to be changed, or made weaker, because he has more defense than any other, even being a level lower. Same goes for attack, but this might change when treasures and Shops are implemented.
Also, if possible, Dark Bomb needs to be weakend. Even though it's costs (8 MP) are rather high, it is far to strong(it does ~ 2000 to a Hench, and ~ 800 to other enemies, while normal attacks do only about 100). Maybe lower costs to 6 or 5 and half it's damage? Or lower the Magic stat of Magus, if possible. Spamming Dark Bombs makes this game far to easy at that point...

Small Edit 1.):

- The Omnicrone in Kasmir's Lair(just before Slash teleports) needs more HP, he died in 1 hit...

- Maybe change the Guard and the 2 Diabolos right after you return to 1002 A.D. to some stronger enemies?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2008, 01:36:48 pm by CyberSarkany »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 07, 2008, 02:43:05 pm »
Seriously amazing feedback Cyber keep it up :)

A couple quick notes:
* Dark bomb will be a simple fix
* Not sure what you mean by what kind of enemy, like whats her innate or what kind of attacks would she use?
* yea 3 gigasaurs is way to hard I agree.......do they still appear even if you beat them with CMG?
* Krawlies are suppose to be replaced by a "mech enemy" assuming we ever find a spriter.....he does need a new AI
* Magus will be slightly difficult to equip cause I believe we only have about 4 weapons for him.  We'll have to refine him
* Omnicrone definitely needs new stats and AI it was an unused enemy
* I'll see what enemies are left for the guard/diablos fight it shouldn't be to hard to find unused mystics.

--JP

Vehek

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2008, 04:00:09 pm »
Two of the reptite time travellers die atop T.T.  The third one (who was travelling through time and with Marle at the time) comes back and finds his two friends dead and travels to the future which has reverted back to human future because Crono stopped King Zeal.
These are the Reptile time travelers in the plot outline:
Coyopa: Killed in 1002 A.D. by CMG in the Reptile timeline, and offscreen by Lucca and Robo when the timeline is restored.
Cakulha: Captures Marle in Reptile 1 A.D., causes trouble in human 2302 A.D.
Yaluk: Met in 64,999,998 B.C. after the timeline is restored.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 07, 2008, 11:22:50 pm »
Hm...I don't understand why Coyopa has to be killed twice?   I suppose it'll be easy enough to add a scene where Yaluk crawls to the portal after CMG leave.  Looks like we did Calkulha correctly.

--JP

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2008, 09:23:05 am »
First of all:
* Not sure what you mean by what kind of enemy, like whats her innate or what kind of attacks would she use?
Exactly. I wasn't sure if there are some plot details revealing what she can do etc..

* yea 3 gigasaurs is way to hard I agree.......do they still appear even if you beat them with CMG?
Not sure, I will try to check it later.

~~~

During the Mystic's Attack in 1002 A.D.(during the Guardia Porre meeting):

* Reapers need more Hit %, the only attack that really hits is the life sucking(which should be a bit stronger, because they seem to use it less frequently), other attacks(HP to 1, and 1 damage) hit very rarely.

*Sorcerers: We have to consider: Marle is forced in the party, and Sorcerers absorb her Magic + Her physical damage is nearly nothing. So we have a maximum of 2 damage dealers. I used Magus and Glenn, yet it took ages to beat 2 Sorcerers..I would say:
- Less HP, they have 4000, and they heal about 400(200 HP recovered for all enemies per heal) every 2 rounds if they go like: Both Heal, both destructive zone, both heal...I barely do 600 damage, and after they heal, 200 remains. ~ 40 round just to beat _one_ sorcerer...
- Less healing power or never 2 at the same time.
I think 1500 HP with a heal of 100 each might be more possible. This would be 2 rounds for 200 HP healing if there are 2 Sorcerers, me dealing 600 damage in these 2 rounds mean a total of ~ 8 Rounds to kill one sorcerer. We should also consider to slow them down a bit if we want 2 of them in the boss fight...but that might be overkill.

* Mages need more HP, but I think we already used them in the Chronopolis raid? Maybe some Green Imps, because they were just recently used and should be strong enough. But maybe it would be to repetitive.

~~~

Boss: 2 Sorcerers + Giga Mutant
* Giga Mutant needs less attack: Glenn has ~400, Magus 340, Marle ~325;
His shining bits kills me instantly even with omnishield and full HP,
His gas/sleep attacks does like 250 damage to one()+ Sleep,
His Gas/poison does ~ 130 to all + poison
His red bubble does about 350 damage

* These 2 added Sorcerers with their current stats make this fight impossible(see above);
We have to either stat down the sorcerers as mentioned above, or use only one. But this would destroy the summoning scene.

~~~

That's it for now.

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 12, 2008, 12:12:44 pm »
As for Vision serpant his is from the plot thread it'll be portrayed when the dialogue is added:

So, they eventually decided to relinquish their individual ambitions and their free will to the Vision Serpent -- a central, Elemental AI which would control them collectively and establish a society that would have a wiser, better focused vision of what's good and what's bad for the planet. Whereas the Vanguards are the embodiment of misguided zeal, the future Reptites are the embodiment of... whatever the opposite is called, misguided collectivism and dislike of personal ambitions or something.

By this point in Round 1 I figured that since I began assuming that the weapons and armor would make a substantial difference so I erred on the side of difficult.  I want to keep sorcerers strong cause I use them for the rest of the game.   I can have the mutant kill one of them when it first appears and the rest of the time I'll make sure there's only one per fight.

I totally forgot I put those mages there...

--JP

CyberSarkany

• Heir to the Masamune
  • "So zetta slow!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 15, 2008, 10:39:15 am »
Hmm, I see. Could you then make this boss fight losable again Or tell me a way to get into the debug room without having to get a New Game + file? Or would it be preferred that I start again, which I need to to after "finishing" my first run anyways, in order to do some more adjustments?