Author Topic: Uncertainty arresting my progress in my CT and CC reviews.  (Read 1156 times)

Cliftor

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Uncertainty arresting my progress in my CT and CC reviews.
« on: June 08, 2004, 01:19:13 am »
First off, I'm elated to see the Compendium is back (again)

Second, Zeality, I'm sorry to bug you over a trivial matter, but can you remove my real name fro teh writting credits of my Radical Dreamers review? I like to avoid using my real name online if possible, just replacing it with 'Cliftor' would be nice.  You see, my father, with whom I avoid speaking to for personal reasons, searched the web for my name and found the review, and tried to use it as a conversation opener, and that made be uncomfortable.  So, if my real naem coudl dissappear, that'd be awesome.

Lastly, and most importantly, I've stopped writing my other two reviews at this time b/c I was hit with one of those 'does my effort really matter' writers blocks.  I'm planning on giving Trigger a 10 out of 10, and I don't see the point, as so many either agree or will soon agree.  The only motivation I see for continuing is that I may change minds, but the kind of people who come to this site agree already anyway.  Also, I'm planning on giving CC a 6/10, something I know most DON'T agree with.  I feel the task of changing minds in that regard is futile, and ultimately pointless.  So I get someone to agree that its mediocre.  What change for the greater good have a affected?

Anyone have any words of wisdom to knock me out of this slump?

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Uncertainty arresting my progress in my CT and CC reviews.
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2004, 06:34:23 am »
Uh, I think you might be taking reviews a LITTLE too seriously. I mean, are there really tons of people out there basing their own opinions of certain games from other people's reviews of them??? Of course, now that I think about it, that's a tremendously sad thing to do, and thusly I'm sure thousands of people more than likely do that daily... :cry:

I say, if you have an interesting point about a game, or a view you think unique or not-as-heard, VOICE IT!!! That's what this whole internetty thing is all about (besides the pr0n & various cheating stuffs)! If you don't think your Trigger review would be all that interesting or you think it's already been said, maybe you should think twice about it. But maybe you should do it anyways, uncertain or not, people will probaby read your opinion of stuff if they share similar or dissimilar interests/views/etc.

You think your opinion of Cross isn't popular? That's a GOOD reason to share it! Conflict baby! It's good for the soul! And really, your opinion of it's not all that uncommon (but I like to read those anyhoo because it got so many undeserved 10/10s when it came out).