Author Topic: My Personal Hack(s)  (Read 1621 times)

TheOutlaw

• Guardian (+100)
  • Run like it is Godzilla!
    • View Profile
My Personal Hack(s)
« on: August 10, 2006, 06:22:19 am »
Well I've started doing a CT hack the easier way,(using programs sucha s temporal flux).
But it is a hack nonetheless, My first Hack, has been planned as follows
Frog sprites opted out for Glenn
That's right as part of my pkan alter the story and animation for techs to make a full-blown glenn. As much as i love Frog, I've always wanted to play as Glenn
Next text will be altered to go along with the sprite change.
lastly to experiment with Temporal flux's capabilities and prepare for the next hack, crerate a new dungeun, with character sequences, and add some bosses in there.

The follow up hack will be larger, Not even a game intended to be related to CT other than the fact it's using the CT engine to be created.

Romana

• Springtime of Youth
  • Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
  • Fight the Future
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: My Personal Hack(s)
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 07:56:01 am »
Sounds interesting. I'm looking forward to seeing it!  :D

Vargose

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 09:43:29 am »
Whats your plan on how to make glenn?

TheOutlaw

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 05:00:32 pm »
As for Glenn I'm going to Try and make a full sprite sheet for him
I've had experience with sprite editing in FFVI, But CT is different.
I'm still learning how to use IrfinView and TileMolester
I may have to clear out some of Frog's sprites and put Glenn in there.
I'm just going to carefully examine frog's sprites then try and make a glenn sprite. It's tedious, but it gives good results.
Don't expect anything too soon
Rome wasn't built in a day.

well finding character sprites wasn't too hard.

Wel it was easy to upload the Correct Color Palettes from a savestate. Now the big issue is stretching the canvas size and lining them up to where they have a more adjustable feel.

still haven't found Glenn sprites.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 09:09:28 pm by TheOutlaw »

JLukas

• Fan Project Leader
  • Squaretable Knight (+400)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2006, 03:13:37 am »
Grab the offsets guide from Geiger's Crypt, it has the locations of the sprites and palettes.

The Glenn sprites are compressed, you won't find it in a regular SNES graphics editor by default.  You will need to decompress the Glenn graphics packet (someone here might have the offset handy) using TF or Lunar Compress before you can edit it.  Then edit and recompress back into the game.

Depending on what sprites you edit, you might have a problem with the sprite assembly, which others here have been working on recently.  To save space, the game assembles the sprites from what is basically a jigsaw puzzle of parts.  Check the other threads in this forum from the past couple of weeks to get some info, it will involve using a hex editor.

TheOutlaw

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2006, 03:28:05 am »
Good advice Now I can Halt my search, my origonal plans (which are still into effect) is to replace th Frog sprites with Glenn sprites. That way I won't have to edit too much in the actual game. Besides Text, sprites, Techs names, techs GFX, and tech affects.
It's amazing how many unique sprites there are in CT, you don't realize it, until you start thinking about it.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 03:49:05 am »
Here's a link to my topic on sprite assembly. I didn't word it very well, so it might be confusing.

TheOutlaw

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2006, 05:32:01 am »
I understood it, I have experienced Sprite hacking before
The easiest editor I ever used was
FF3se for FFVI, One small glitch in sprite interpretation, where a left arm was a right arm (once you realized that though there were no issues)
also it was very easy to edit menu pics. you just had to get a second editor to edit Chocobo riding sprites, The only sprite that was never available in any designated FFVI editor was Celes's "Chained up" sprite.
although because of my laptops untimely demise my sprite edits are not available for download(which is what lead me to CT editing), i may repeat them sometime in the future.
as for sprites that were complete with menu pics; Locke-Mustadio(FFT), Edgar-Cid(FFVII), Shadow-Clyde, Cyan-Leon(FFII), Strago-Galuf(FFV). I was also going to try and edit guns in as weapons. Also had removed all learned magic learned from espers in the game, with exceptions of unique abilities (i.e. rage and lore) (only Celes and Terra could use magic), also had made bosses harder.

Currently going to be taking a break, Will be mastering the use of Temporal flux as well as Tile Molester.

Vehek it was rather helpful that you posted that thread, now I don't have to test Frog's sprites out to see if I can make them into Glenn. It's good to know I can. I'm going to say it right now, until I find Glenn's actual sprites and Decompress them, the best sprite for reference will be Magus. are of similiar height and wear capes.

As you know I'll be altering Frog's tech's for the human Glenn. So I have decided to allow anybody to make/suggest a tech,
The only thing I'll ask for is that it isn't Vulgar. Also I'll give the go-ahead for anybody to try and make it in Temporal flux, If you do, please supply the changes that were made, and screenshots. Lastly please tell me which tech shall replace another
Techs to be replaced
single:
Slurp (has to be a healing Tech)
Slurp Cut
Leap Slash
Frog Squash
Double:
Frog Flare (Has to be used in tandem with Flare)
leap slash based techs*
Blade Toss
Slurp kiss (just a name change, will be altered depending on what replaces slurp)
Triple:
Triple Raid*
Spin Strike*

*will need to be Viewed origonally to see if they really need to be changed
« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 12:29:04 am by TheOutlaw »