Author Topic: Robot Factory  (Read 587 times)

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
Robot Factory
« on: August 08, 2006, 03:46:27 pm »
Topic to discuss the Robot Factory Puzzle we will be implementing.  It'll involve conveyer belts and barrels.

--jp
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 03:51:58 pm by jsondag2 »

Vargose

• Chrono Trigger Threads of Time
  • Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
Re: Robot Factory
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2006, 03:54:43 pm »
he is my crude child like thoughts. Belts are brown. The paths between are gray. The arrows represent the barrel direction. These are three ideas, each starting from the right.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 04:02:10 pm by Vargose »

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2006, 04:53:11 pm »
Okay here's how I was thinking of it borrowing from Vargose idea there.

Brown=Conveyer belt that is so fast it must be going same direction
Red:  Conveyer belt that just slows you down if you are going in the wrong direction
Black= Path
Blue = end

So how do you get past this:

First off you have to fill in the hole in the upper right, since there's no time limit you should do this first.

Using switch 3 and 4 set the two conveyer belts correctly then use swithc 5 to push the barrel off and fill up the hole.

Now you have to get through the belts....you hit switch 1 and 2 and hurry and run over to the beginning.  As soon as the barrel passes on belt A you must run down then up Belt B before the barrel gets there blocking the path.  Hopefully you hit switch 2 which will make belt C go down because if you didn't it's impossible to run down that belt because it's a "fast belt". 

You also have to make it before the barrel has crossed or it'll be blocking your path at the bottom.  If you made it this far fast enough the barrel on Belt D will not have crossed your path and you can get up there.  If you covered the hole you can walk accross to the next area.

It'll take some tweaking to get it nice and perfect but it'll be worth it in the end I think.  I have to read up on the conveyer belt code. 

Note:  We'll have to put an exit at each "platform" so the player can't get stuck. 

What do you guys think is it hard enough?  Have I forgotten something important?

--jp

Agent 12

• Zurvan Surfer (+2500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2006, 03:55:10 am »
Hm....may have some issues with the puzzle.  To see them you can check the rom go to the debug room talk to Belthasar and go up the ladder.  Then walk to the lower right building, when your on the entrance hit the ok button (nothing comes up but the exit is there). 

Anyways it's built into the game that if there's a move sprite command the NPC automatically walks around a PC instead of pusshing the PC back.  So what the barrels are doing are walking "around" the player thus ruining the whole point of the puzzle.  YOu can see this by pressing the first switch then running up to the conveyer belts.

If anyone has any ideas or atleast knows a point in the game that does something similar feel free to point it out......otherwise I'm afraid we may have to change the puzzle.

EDIT:  I know I'm slow on updates, it's probably going to be pretty dry for about 2 weeks here as I pack/move/socialize with friends.  I haven't even had time to put in Chrono 99s baby or Serran yet.  But it will give time to get a bunch of maps done which is cool.  Sorry but don't worry once school gets rolling everyting should settle down.....

--jp

« Last Edit: August 13, 2006, 03:57:10 am by jsondag2 »

Chrono'99

• God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2006, 11:11:17 am »
If you put these 2 commands in the barrel code:

- NPCSolidProps (Solid, Pushable)
- NPCMoveProps (ArndWall, ThruPC)

The barrel will be pushable on the belt but slowly enough so that it can't be pushed further than the belt limit at the bottom.

Immediate edit: ...I thought it was a solution, but not really. If you're quick enough you can push it lateraly from left to right so that you can bypass it... And if you push it without running it walks through you... Well, useless post sorry^^