Author Topic: Fate of Robo [Finalized]  (Read 5402 times)

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Fate of Robo [Finalized]
« on: March 10, 2004, 10:34:38 pm »
Did Robo die in Chronopolis in 1020 A.D. upon Serge's entrance into the Frozen Flame terminal? Was he literally the Prometheus Circuit?

Circuit-Copy Theory
JustinS1985

It is possible that Robo is still alive in the future. Since he's a computer he could probably copy himself over to the CC computer system, while still keeping his orignal body.

Neutral Commentary

ZeaLitY: It might be difficult for Robo to relegate himself to the status of integrated circuit if Atropos were still alive, as he'd have a reason to continue living. However, it is obvious that in some way Belthasar recruited him for the job; due to machine logic and Robo's having saved the world once, he might be likely to answer the call of higher duty once more.

Support

bozistheboss: Since Robo's data can be copied, I don't think that the Prometheus in FATE is Robo himself, but rather a circuit named after Robo/Prometheus. Lucca did make a 'mini-me' copy of Robo, after all. Also, the circuit was 'based on the initial Ashtear model circuit board, with extra logic added.' This leads me to believe that there may have been varying brands of Ashtear model circuit boards available in 2400 AD. The Ashtear models were probably based off of her little Robo copy.

Refutation

Ybrik Metaknight: I think that the Prometheus in the FATE computer system is probably the original Robo. It just makes more sense from a writer's perspective to have one of the heroes from the original "die" in the second game; makes it more tragic.

Prometheus-Ultimania Theory
Chrono Cross Ultimania [Bubblebobby2000 Translation]

"Prometheus," the name of the circuit that was set up inside of FATE, came from the true name of a member of the party from the previous work [Chrono Trigger], Robo. But this circuit, was not the system used by Robo. At the end of previous work, after Robo returned to the future, Lucca thought of him [missed him?] and had this completed. It was a safety program that prevented the corruption of machines. This was not built with a specific motive. But in the future after it was invented, Belthasar who had the same thought as her, inserted it into FATE's circuit.

Support

Oswego del Fuego: Just look at this direct quote from Lynx:

LYNX: That hidden circuit was based on the initial Ashtear model circuit board, with extra logic added by another scientist.

Well, if it were Lucca's design, it couldn't have been Robo. Robo was *not* built by Lucca.

Personally, I think that Prometheus is the cute mini-Robo pictured in the ending from the PSX version.

ZeaLitY: Robo preferred to be called by his adventurous name rather than Prometheus, especially after the Origin of Machines sidequest. This hampers the likeliness of it literally being him.

Refutation

ZeaLitY: Ultimania has been blatantly wrong in the past, such as assuming that the Frozen Flame is the same material as Dreamstone. In addition, nothing in the game suggests this is the truth, save the quote Oswego del Fuego has produced.

~

How can Lucca fix Robo? She only has experience with Gato.

Minor-Damage Theory
Radical Dreamer

While I'm hardly suggesting that Lucca could repair damage to Robo's central logic circuitry, I'm reasonably sure she could tighten a few bolts and plug the green wire into the green port. I do believe that Robo was minamally damaged during the Day of Lavos, since it only seemed to take Lucca a few hours to fix him. He was pretty far removed from Ground Zero, so I'm guessing some of his internals just got knocked loose, but nothing was seriously damaged, except perhaps a few wires, etc. And while technology advances, a wire is a wire, and some things are pretty constant. She did have experience building robots, after all. It also took her quite some time to get him working the first time.

As for the R-Y Series [incident], I'm guessing that was mostly damage to his shell, which I'm sure could be fixed, or, failing that replaced. It's not like there were no other deactive R-Y Series robots lying around...

Arcane

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Fate of Robo [Finalized]
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2004, 12:18:37 pm »
Just something I'm going to add... By that far in the future, all the robots and such are probably extremely fool-proof. Seems unlikely a little battering around (Battering around, apocalypse, same same..) would cause one to become completely irreparable. And Lucca's probably got more technical knowledge than Joe Janitor Guy in the future.

V_Translanka

• Interim Global Moderator
  • Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
    • http://www.angelfire.com/weird2/v_translanka/
Fate of Robo [Finalized]
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2004, 05:33:14 pm »
Since Robo was from the future, and returned to the future...Doesn't his existence get erased via the DBT (or whatever?)? Anything we see in Cross or even the ending in Trigger are just representations of Robo or variations, not the original.

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile
Fate of Robo [Finalized]
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2004, 05:57:35 pm »
Actually, under Time Traveler's immunity, Prometheus should have been the same Robo that helped Crono. This time, however, he'll come in to 2300 A.D. and be able to live his own life, as Project Kid is no longer necessary.

Akuma

Fate of Robo [Finalized]
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2004, 09:47:47 pm »
Remember, the name "Robo" is just a nickname Crono's gang made for him. So of course there'd be no mention of that name in CC. Anyways, I think it's better and more simpler that Robo's dead, kind of adds some sadness to the storyline.

Arcane

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Fate of Robo [Finalized]
« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2004, 06:57:10 am »
More simpler is redundant.

And, in a way, Robo's just a name you give him. Same with Frog being Frog, Marle being Marle... You can name people. And Marle could have had any number of names, really, since she isn't using her real name.

XchrononetX

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Fate of Robo [Finalized]
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2004, 07:57:00 pm »
Proof of the fact that Lucca couldn't have possible created a new Robo was that she had already stated that making a humanoid robot was too difficult, no matter how hard she tried. The Promethius that was integrated with the FATE system was a joint effort of Lucca Ashtear and Belthasar, and thusly wasn't Robo, however perhaps the name could have been chosen to honor Robo's memory, as it had been seen that he was called this by all his "friends" in his own time. Also, the meer fact that Robo did integrate into the system makes this a possibility that it was done as an act of honoring his memory. Any thoughts?

XchrononetX

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Fate of Robo [Finalized]
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2004, 07:59:05 pm »
Oops, almost forgot to state that fixing something is far different from making a new one. Lucca knew some basic fundamentals of humanoid robots, having already progressed in the endever herself, which probably would have been enough to fix Robo, but making a new one was stated to be beyond her grasp.

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Fate of Robo [Finalized]
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2004, 08:54:49 pm »
Isn't that more just Lucca being modest though? I mean, she made Gato, who roams around a bit on two legs, she patched up Robo on a few occasions, and in the new anime end she made an unwieldy little Robo-clone.

Symmetry

• Enlightened One (+200)
    • View Profile
Fate of Robo [Finalized]
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2004, 09:17:53 pm »
Quote from: Arcane
More simpler is redundant.

And, in a way, Robo's just a name you give him. Same with Frog being Frog, Marle being Marle... You can name people. And Marle could have had any number of names, really, since she isn't using her real name.

Hmm. There is a difference - or so I think - in the way you name say, Crono and Marle, than there is in the way you name Robo.

As best I can remember, the game never asks Crono to name anyone but Robo. You as the player can rename characters for your own purposes, but Robo's name (while being designated by the player) was also chosen in game by the party.

Quote from: XchrononetX
Proof of the fact that Lucca couldn't have possible created a new Robo was that she had already stated that making a humanoid robot was too difficult, no matter how hard she tried.

As V_Translanka pointed out, this could just be Lucca's modesty. Also, consider when she makes that statement. At time she might not have been able to create another humanoid robot, but people's knowledge generally doesn't remain static, does it? She could have learned at some point in the future.

XchrononetX

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Fate of Robo [Finalized]
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2004, 09:46:52 pm »
It wasn't just Lucca's modesty, as she was muttering it to herself. Also, while it is possible that she might have learned somehow, I seriously doubt it. The game never foreshadowed this at all, and knowledge doesn't create itself, it is created out of a true need for itself. While it could also be a possibility that she did go to the future, and then gain knowledge on the subject, the game hints against this in what is considered the "true" ending, whereupon Crono's mother is lost in time, but just before that Lucca spoke of disabling it. If this was their intent, after finding Crono's mother she wouldn't have gone to any other time period other than her own. Most evidence points that she did indeed not build Robo, and that the Promethius was indeed something else... But what, and through what means was this insight attained...
I feel that Lucca might have at least MAYBE had a glimpse of the future through some other means, and the not too distant future at that, that the FATE system could be a problem...

XchrononetX

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Fate of Robo [Finalized]
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2004, 09:48:43 pm »
Sorry, forgot to say what "it" was  :lol: . I meant the Epoch, of course. BTW, funny thing, for some reason I've always named the Epoch the "Notch". Just a weird lil' bit of info.

War

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Funny that this is sort like my old addiont to CTT
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2004, 03:47:55 am »
Many moons ago, I posted that Antropos symbolized a fate (My email at the time was cijowa@cs.com). The fates were known to "cut" the strings of someones life. When Antropos gives Robo the "Ribbon", she, in a sense, extends his life, as opposed to shortening it or cutting it.

Antropos = Fate

It's a strange conincidence that "Promethus" is placed within FATE. I remember while playing Crono Cross that I instantly thought it was Robo.

Whether this version was created by Lucca, I don't know lol.

-War

V_Translanka

• Arbiter (+8000)
  • Destroyer of Worlds
    • View Profile
Fate of Robo [Finalized]
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2004, 05:22:00 pm »
Yeah, they go into each of the three Fates in Chrono Cross: Lachesis, Clotho, & Atropos. It's right before you unlock Chronopolis...

And I thought that Prometheus in FATE being Robo stuff was obvious...In Chronopolis it says that Lucca (& later Belthasar) was responsible for the creation of FATE.

If Lucca could make a Time Egg, I don't see why she would have trouble with a Robo clone. Hey! I never even thought of that...She could even go to Norstein Bekkler and get a Robo clone from him, bingo! Instant robot duplicate.

Hiroshino

• Porrean (+50)
    • View Profile
Fate of Robo [Finalized]
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2004, 09:31:40 pm »
Originally, I thought it was Robo who was deleted/terminated from Fate's system. Now, after reading this, I don't think it was Robo. Mayhaps Robo had a circuit made or something that was inserted in Fate? Remember, it was only a circuit, not his actually body. I mean, then again, Robo could have been made into a circuit but he had Atropos to live for.

Also, if Belthasar arrived in the future in 2300 A.D., how is he in 2400 A.D.? And when we say Lucca and Lucca Ashtear, this is the same person in one right? Sometimes I was getting the impression that they were two different people..