Author Topic: Speculation time!  (Read 1753 times)

-Xavier-

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
Speculation time!
« on: August 06, 2006, 12:48:38 am »
Time for lots of meaningless questions!

Note: This is just being overanalytical and sarcastic. Not very serious questions

2300 AD questions

-What or who were the domes in 2300 AD named after?

-If Lavos destroyed civilization in 1999, how come the domes changed? I would guess that a sufficient number of the population would have been wiped out by the Day of Lavos. Wouldn't it be more logical to repair the existing 1999 domes instead of build different, newer looking ones? Kinda stupid if you ask me :-P

-What's with the Sewer access anyways? It's kind of an unneeded building, looking at it from the perspective of a society trying to rebuild.

- Did they just convert Choras into a giant factory? Ok... That's kind of unexpected.. What with the factory north of Proto Dome and all.

-I always wondered what the Robot Village would have been used for in the game.. Hmm.

Zeal Questions

-I always wondered if some of the buildings remained intact at the bottom of the sea.. It'd be cool if they were found. I wonder why nobody looked for them.

-The Sun Palace island would have landed and sunk with the building pointed up, due to the weight of the island. How come when we find it in 2300 AD,  it's in a mountain.. Right side up? Technically speaking, the building would have been upside down. Yet we find the sun stone sitting in a nice symmetrical right side up room. Go figure.

-Looking at the continent sizes, it seems as if Zeal were built out of.. Other continents. Since during the ice age, the continent sizes are basically the same as they are in 1000 AD. I have a hunch that if you mash all the continents in 1000 AD together, you'll get the Pangea that we see in 65000000 BC. So... Was there another landmass that Square didn't tell us about? I smell an inconsistancy.

-I never really liked the layout of the Ocean Palace. It was kind of too big and had too many useless empty rooms. Couldn't they have made it smaller? I mean for God's sake they have a floating continent, how much more do they have to show off!

Miscillaneous Observations

-I never really liked the mysterious box design. I mean, couldn't it have been a smily face box instead of an angry one? Kind of a turn-off if you ask me.

-Did they use an entire mountain to build Leene Square? I mean let's take a look at it. In 600 AD, there's a mountain where Leene Square is in 1000 AD. What else are we to think? Leene Square isn't even that big!

-From 1999 to 2300 those continents move an awful lot. I don't think normal continents would move THAT much in 301 years.

-I do kind of like how in 2300 AD, the spot where Guardia Castle would be is just a big crater. I laughed.

-Shouldn't Robo be blue? Since all other versions of his model are blue, how come when we find him, he's yellow? Is it like "If you find the yellow robot, you may be qualified to win one million dollars!" ?

-In my opinion, Frog should be taller. He should be like some sort of frog-man. Average size human with a frog's head and green leathery skin. That'd be cool  :D

-Note that you rarely see any redheads besides Marle and Crono. Ayla and Kino are blondes... What? Zeal residents have blue hair... Earthbound ones are blonde or brunette. It seems like Marle and Crono are very, very unique in this aspect XD

-Looks like Medina moves every few hundred years. Is that just me?

-If you don't stop at an inn, you can complete the Chrono Trigger story in one game day. They never sleep!

Well that's all I can think of. Hope you enjoyed.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 04:04:35 pm by -Xavier- »

Kae

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
Re: Speculation time!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 02:00:28 am »
-I never really liked the mysterious box design. I mean, couldn't it have been a smily face box instead of an angry one? Kind of a turn-off if you ask me.
Err... I always thought it was the design the Mammon Machine, as seen on the doors in 2300 A.D. I guess the fact that it's a lot smaller to fit the boxes makes the image kind of hard to make out.
-From 1999 to 2300 those continents move an awful lot. I don't think normal continents would move THAT much in 301 years.
I believe that could probably be attributed to Lavos' sheer power.
-Note that you rarely see any redheads besides Marle and Crono. Ayla and Kino are blondes... What? Zeal residents have blue hair... Earthbound ones are blonde or brunette. It seems like Marle and Crono are very, very unique in this aspect XD
I always thought Marle to be blonde, considering the previous Guardia line, and her in-game sprite. In fact the only thing that would suggest otherwise would be her portrait, which we could says looks that way due to the 16-colour limitation. And using real life (tm) as an example, redheads are a rarity unto themselves.

Matt72

• Porrean (+50)
  • Pink Cloud
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2006, 02:26:36 am »
-I always wondered if some of the buildings remained intact at the bottom of the sea.. It'd be cool if they were found. I wonder why nobody looked for them.

well after the thousands of years and the ocean finaly becomes swimmable in they probaly forgot about it

-Xavier-

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2006, 03:34:19 am »

Hmm.. Now that you mention it, it does look like the symbol that's on the doors... I always thought that the things in the corners were eyes and the larger symbol was the mouth.

Chrono'99

• Guru of Reason Emeritus
  • God of War (+3000)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2006, 08:58:35 am »
-Shouldn't Robo be blue? Since all other versions of his model are blue, how come when we find him, he's yellow? Is it like "If you find the yellow robot, you may be qualified to win one million dollars!" ?
Why should he be blue? You conveniently forgot that Atropos isn't blue but pink.

Magus068

• Acacia Deva (+500)
  • Speak the truth, even it leads to your death!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2006, 11:49:48 am »
-Did they use an entire mountain to build Leene Square? I mean let's take a look at it. In 600 AD, there's a mountain where Leene Square is in 1000 AD. What else are we to think? Leene Square isn't even that big!

They build the Leene Square at the foot of the mountain.

-Xavier-

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2006, 03:14:10 pm »
Psh, you guys are too serious.

EDIT: Look at the screenshots.

« Last Edit: August 06, 2006, 03:18:20 pm by -Xavier- »

ZeaLitY

• Entity
  • End of Timer (+10000)
  • Spring Breeze Dancin'
    • View Profile
    • My Compendium Staff Profile

-Xavier-

• Iokan (+1)
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2006, 04:02:41 pm »
I find the change rather hard to believe.. Must have been extremely localized weather, as the smaller mountain next to it is still intact.

Vehek

• Errare Explorer (+1500)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2006, 05:04:39 pm »
Well, Kwhazit's translation calls Truce Canyon "Truce back hills", the soldiers who in the NA say Queen Leene was found in the mountains say that she was found in the back hills. So who really says that it's an actual mountain at all?

Magus22

• Bounty Hunter
  • Dimension Crosser (+1000)
  • Jean-Luc Picard says "It's time for Chrono Break".
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 06, 2006, 09:00:53 pm »
There were past alterations not noted from the game. The link ZeaLity provided is it. After 600AD and before 1000AD, many things have happened. But do not forget, 400 years is actually a very long time. In those years, there might have been a mini conflict in Choras that explains its disappearance in 1000AD. And as for the rest of the geologic features, yes, it is hard to believe that many things had formed within such a short period of time.

Look at Lucca's little private island house. From 600AD to 1000AD, that island expanded. Also the Cathedral which disappeared in 1000AD, a random person that you can talk to in Truce states that there used to be a Cathedral to the west. The statue in 600AD of Magus in the Cathedral was moved to Medina in 1000AD or before.

There are many things to touch base on.

Daid

• Guardian (+100)
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2006, 08:49:30 am »
Time for lots of meaningless questions!

Note: This is just being overanalytical and sarcastic. Not very serious questions

2300 AD questions

-What's with the Sewer access anyways? It's kind of an unneeded building, looking at it from the perspective of a society trying to rebuild.

Well that's all I can think of. Hope you enjoyed.

Ok:
The Sewer Access was left over after the Apocalypse... I think...

I think Robo is yellow because he has been sitting in an abandoned dome for 299 years and his paint had striped.

The continents from 1999 to 300 AD were moved due to Lavos' sheer power and for some reason Northern Zean has crashed into anouther continent...

What I don't get is how the Medina Continent looks different in 1999 AD then it does in 1000 AD.
999 years is a long time but still, the continent shouldn't change shap like that.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2006, 08:47:15 am by Ryan_WMD_2006 »

GavenDrake

• Earthbound (+15)
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2006, 05:14:45 pm »
uhm, i think detail is not that much important then, when chrono trigger was first created.due to the fact that its 2D!  :lol:  i mean theres way more inconsistencies with finalfantasy....... 2D means limited graphic detail and limited attention to small ideas on those detail, its just there because it gives the game some sort of edge. Remember this is a game and its cartoon for cryin out loud..  hahahaha funny that were trying to look at detail on a cartoon..... i would question starwars' first 3 or episode 4,5, and 6 coz its a movie........what the heck hehehehe its a freakin game and for the fun of it why does zeal needs a lot of empty rooms with the same stuff??

And why are there a lot of people who looks the same?? i mean chrono's mom looks like other wemen around the village even in other time.....

could the enemies be a  little unique? its like there a cloning machine hidden somewhere that populates the whole world wehehehehe......a lot of things looks the same..you must be pretty daym special if your unique  :lol:

i wonder why they didnt go further in the future to seee how they could have defeated lavos so that they dont have to run around checking for clues on what to do.....i mean they've been to the end of time for goodnes sake, they should have known what will happen after they defeat lavos and prevent guardia from falling heheheheh wahahahah its crazy man, but hell i really love the game....